Mission #3 : VIP2 is down

Yes it's Mouse 2 in game. (that's actually the third mouse button though since the numbering starts at zero and refers to the scroll-wheel) I'm surprised you haven't run into problems earlier; how did you control the other ghosts up to this point? Just from the tactical map?

Anyway, a few possible solutions come to mind:

1. Try selecting the airstrike unit on the left and hitting F2. (attack command)

2. This solution apparently helps some people overcome their mouse problems. Worth a try.

3. Uninstall and reinstall the game and patch 1.35. Remember to back up your profile folder first though.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I stuck in this mission :(

I destroyed the ADAT’S and reached drop point. It was easy but i had to start this stage of mission few times before i have clean way to helicopter. Enyway, when i finished suply my team members and myself in new ammo i recived new objective - reach US embassy. Ofcourse i go there and i recive another objective - keep VIP alive. Everything was allright till tank show itself. I realised that i dont have any ZEUS! I didnt know that i will need it [i dont use any guide]. And my question is: Do i have to blow the tank up to go forward? Or can i wait for rescue from air? If i have to blow up the tank is there any possibility to go back to helicopter for new equipment. My save point is before air strike and after i get out the chopper [with no ZEUS with my team]. I dont want to move back and make all air strike things again.

I resolved my problem. I didnt need ZEUS. In this mission Apache choppers take down the tanks. I cant summon it because i was to close tank.

Edited by Apach

Where in Lodz do you live, man?! My ex-wife was from there, way out on the end of Wyszynskiego (spelling?). I think the 10 and 14 streetcars end there? Visited once for New Year's. Neat.

As for that tank scenario, you never know when you'll NEED a Zeus. Good indicator- Make your DEMO soldier carry the ZEUS. When you see a tank, order HIM to attack it. If after three or four attempts he refuses to fire the ZEUS at the tank, then chances are that you're meant to use artillery or airstrikes to kill it. Figuring THAT out in GRAW is trial and error, man.

na razie

Where in Lodz do you live, man?! My ex-wife was from there, way out on the end of Wyszynskiego (spelling?). I think the 10 and 14 streetcars end there? Visited once for New Year's. Neat.

Yes man! Tou're right. :thumbsup:

As for that tank scenario, you never know when you'll NEED a Zeus. Good indicator- Make your DEMO soldier carry the ZEUS. When you see a tank, order HIM to attack it. If after three or four attempts he refuses to fire the ZEUS at the tank, then chances are that you're meant to use artillery or airstrikes to kill it. Figuring THAT out in GRAW is trial and error, man.

And this is probably the best idea in this game. You never know what will happend ;)

na razie

Trzymaj sie :)

• 2 months later...

Little help guys....

So, I just recently got the game, about 2 weeks now.

And managed to get to Mission 3, while in Mission 2 I was stuck on destroying the heavy amor tank.. lol, but I didn't know about the "3rd tab" must have spent like 2/3 days on that mission, because i didn't see the rocket launcher. but anyway

Mission 3, Keep VIP alive.

As the building explodes infront of me, general says "top priority keep him alive"

mitchell says "roger, top priority, advancing on him now"

so im heading towards to the subject

"get back in the war mitchell"

im basically sitting duck with no action or anything... I run around all over the place and nothing to shoot, no reinforcements, no enemies nothing...

i checked a walkthru, even though it's for xbox 360 but doesnt really matter. and it says, "go towards the vip, then enemies will appear keep your men inside"

I can order my men to go in the building, but i can't... because he wont allow me...

any help?

thanks

[Merged into the existing mission 3 discussion thread (Where you will find loads of hints & tips already)]

Edited by Pave Low

When you hear "get back in the war mitchell" you have gone too far off the zone, yeah it can be annoying lol.

Not quite sure why you can't enter the building as you said, i have positioned team members and myself in VIP2 's location.

Mission3 VIP2 is down

Ok this is an easy way i found to complete this missions ending.

Don't enter the building straight away, get yourself positioned near on the road not in building where VIP2 location is.

Next position your men as i have in the screenshot below, brown usualy takes care of the rebels advancement from you rear position.

When you're done with above, move to VIP2 location in the bombed out building

just walk next to VIP2 on the floor, then scurry like crazy to the corner position (as in screenshot) lol

Be patient, check your zone man

Stay in the corner as in screenshot, and pop away at any advancing mexican rebel soldiers.

Soon you will have airstrike power handed to you

Well that's one easy way of doin it mate

have fun

screenshot37yk5.th.jpg

@ pdlawlo ..hmmm! maybe a bug of some sort? corrupt savegame?

You could try VIP2 down load savegame 05, that's the dropoint, see what happens

You patched to 1.35? ..although, it should be ok without

Or restart mission

all the best

haha,

i have tried ALSORTS!

i started all the mission again, in both "non-patched" and the middle patch... 1.16, and the latest patch...

tried loading from random gamesaves... and continue on from there...

tried "easy" and "normal"

i still can't get past that specific line... lol

wonderful, aint it? XD

this is the first time ever playing with GR, and i get this trouble with it... lol

oh well, i think im just gonna wait for my new machine in a few months, and start all again...

but thanks anyway war. :)

That mission was easy (completed it on HARD). The trick is to quickly target the tanks using Apache helicopter.

Get inside the building as soon as you reach that point. Get to the 2nd floor, position your men in ruins and near the helicopter. Don't bother bringing VIP to the choppter for now.

Kill the first wave of soldiers. As soon as Abrams (tanks) start rolling to your position you will have Apache at your disposal. Quickly target them and select attack. Kill another wave of soldier and then the second tank. Then kill the last wave of enemy soldier and you're safe to bring your VIP to the chopper.

Remember to kill first 3 enemy soldiers that will attack the embassy from the right (if looking at the front of embassy from the big monument).

It is important to attack the tanks ASAP because they might destroy the chopper.

When in ruins just pick off the enemy soldiers from the distance. Didn't have problem with that.

Edited by VISTREL

okay vistrel,

... how? if i cant GET near the building in the first place?

and what chopper? the only chopper i see, is "reach the drop point" which then goes away...

you could tell me how to do the MISSION after getting to the building.. but i cant get near the damn thing.

thats the problem....

pah

Well, I can go in the building now :D:D:D:D:D

I guess the saves got corrupted and restarted all the mission again... and now i can go further into the game. :)

thanks for the help anyway, i dont know why it got corrupted though, oh well.

That mission was easy (completed it on HARD).

Hilariously, when I put the difficulty on the hardest setting (you unlock it after beating the game once) I can rarely even get all the way to the ground from the chopper at the very beginning of the mission. Frustrating, but the rest of the mission is totally worth it.

As for the rest of the mission, you really have to think about your fire lanes and proper suppression/diversion. Its the way to kill the MG nests, and the way to hold the embassy. And be bloody quick with marking the armor for attacking.

Edited by petsfed

• 3 weeks later...

Well warcloud...

Im not allowed to move to the corner where you inidicated on the screenshot.

i basically cant go past well.. look at the screeny, i cant go ABOVE the line drawn...

ScreenyShot

I have encountered this exact same glitch. I'm curious to know if you are running an AM2 X2 or an 8800? Or did you setup two team mates with identical weaponry?

• 2 months later...

There is no real trick except to make use of cover and have your teammates all focus outside the building. This is one of the hardest parts of the game, if you can finish this the only mission that'll come remotely close in challenge would be Norad on the Line (last mission).

• 5 months later...

^

This level did have zone-trigger problems that were supposedly addressed with one of the patches.

Assuming that you are running v1.35, all that should be required is for you to double-back and hunt down any bots that you might have missed on the way up. If there aren't any, the best you can do is to re-start the level from an earlier save-point. If all else fails, delete all of the missions save-points and start the level from scratch.