Mission #3 : VIP2 is down

Once I figured out that you could sic the apaches on ANYTHING not just the tanks, the mission became a lot easier.

But something that has been bugging me... What the heck blew up thte embasy? I didn't hear any artillery or see a missle... Suicide bomber? The building just kinda explodes for no reason.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finding this mission hard too but not for the same reasons.

All my team are intact and we just have to get to the US Embassy, only thing is that we can't cross the road to get to it because we get yelled at for leaving the mission area? I've tried crossing directly to the statues, going clockwise and anti clockwise around the road, still get yelled at.

Any ideas, I'm with my squad and we are looking across the monmument to the Embassy opposite but we can't get to it.

We've met the chopper resupplied and are just hanging around the streets waiting to move a mere 100 meters to our destination, what have we done wrong? Is it a bug or are we suppose to find some unobvious long way to the embassy?

Answer soon, coz I alt tabbed to write this and my guys are getting hungry....

I'm finding this mission hard too but not for the same reasons.

All my team are intact and we just have to get to the US Embassy, only thing is that we can't cross the road to get to it because we get yelled at for leaving the mission area? I've tried crossing directly to the statues, going clockwise and anti clockwise around the road, still get yelled at.

Any ideas, I'm with my squad and we are looking across the monmument to the Embassy opposite but we can't get to it.

We've met the chopper resupplied and are just hanging around the streets waiting to move a mere 100 meters to our destination, what have we done wrong? Is it a bug or are we suppose to find some unobvious long way to the embassy?

It's a well-reported bug. You may have to backtrack to get the trigger, or -- annoyingly -- reload the mission/last savepoint. Question: Did you take out the AA units yet? If not, there's your answer.

Ah sorry didn't see that post.

Actually I just sorted it by probing the area, if you turn left towards the embassy but stay out of cover, i.e. walk in the middle of the road like it's a picnic rather than a war, you will trigger the next event which is a BOOM! Event.

Damn my guys are glad the US Embassy blew up instead of being stuck in the middle of a mission bored sensless.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Ok who's got a fire extinguisher?

######, now we're stuck again, we're suppose to protect VIP2 but it won't let us go anywhere near him. 'you're leaving mission area blah blah. ######. Now my team are by the monuments.

Guess it's reload then like you said.

LOl, now both multiplayer and single player are making me tear my hair out.

Take a look at VIP 2 then go back out and position yourself behind one of the corner walls on the raised monument in the centre of the plaza. You can take out all the tangos, the APC and the tank from there, which leaves you free to go back in and pick up VIP 2 and take him to the Blackhawk. I found the next bit the hardest! I took cover on the right side of the big boulder/debri, next to where VIP2 was laying. You gotta be patient and keep out of the lines of fire most of the time. You can call in the Apache to take out the second tank and second APC but it still aint over. Then it's a question of doing it slowly, don't just rush out to get on the extraction heli.

I've finally made it to the defend the embassy part of mission 3 (that explosion kinda made me jump the first and second time :lol: ). I set up a defensive positions like I would have in HX5 :ph34r: sniper is at the top of the stairs, 2 guys down below and I roam the stairs/top level as I see fit.

Was all going well when suddenly I died for no apparent reason... I didn't take any bullets and i didn't see anything fly towards me. Started again from the last save and the same thing happened. As far as I can tell, two vehicles drive up and then not long after that I die. There wasn't a ZEUS in the chopper as far as I could tell, so I'm assuming there was no tank for me to blow up.

Only other thing I can think of is that I'm somehow being RPG'd :wall: But nobody has LOS on me so I just don't get it. Unless there's a joker throwing frags on the other side of the wall.

Forgot to mention, can someone post some tips please. Thanks

the attack option must be executed when ai and target are in one clear line of sight of each other, otherwise it does notwork and you get the winning teammate calling it off

the attack option does work very well when team is equiped with zeus later in mission 4 (bunker mission)

Hmmm... I found that ordering my zeus guy to "attack" via teh command map the tank worked :) He ran from one side of the car park to the other and took it out while I was distracting the other guys from the roof.

As far as I can tell it only works properly from the command map, or they do indeed say "no can do" or something like that. But if the target is on the command map and you tell your sniper to "attack" he will sit there until the enemy pops his head round then BOOM! One of the things the team AI does well :thumbsup:

I can't tell where the guy in the 2nd video is, either.

Also, I get killed before I even get an option to blow stuff up with apaches AND I never see any tanks appear, just apcs. I guess there's an RPG guy but I have no idea where he is. I'll get him, though!!

Also, I get killed before I even get an option to blow stuff up with apaches AND I never see any tanks appear, just apcs. I guess there's an RPG guy but I have no idea where he is. I'll get him, though!!

That RPG is an epic pain in the butt. Equip a GL and snipe him from the small flight of steps halfway up the map. You'll need to be accurate with the GL so take extra nades for it if you are not. And never risk the main road until the RPG is toast. Look for him on your sat view; he's just below the big billboard on a rooftop.

...oh and give yourself a break by ambushing the enemy APC with the GL at the very beginning of the mission segment, run forward to the corner and wait for him. If you let it park its troops will deploy and you'll have them to deal with as well as patrols and the RPG. GRAW likes to throw APCs at you at the beginning of mission segments and it's always best to hammer them before they deploy.

Edited by Bahger

He's hiding behind a building east of the embassy, looking towards the SW quadrant. You can't initially position yourself where he is because in the first wave of attacks, three guys come from the NE corner in an attempt to "flank" the embassy. In the second wave, two or three more rebels come from the same route. Once you and/or your Ghosts dispatch those guys it's pretty safe there although I prefer the more open but commanding embassy second floor (better view of the entire circle and monument).

I didn't get hit by whatever it was (tank or rpg guy, i still have no idea). I hid behind the boulder and waited. This time I actually made it to the bits where I am given the appache commands (I thought appaches were bigger than that, those looked like the choppers in commanche4 to me).

Got the first tank and eventually made it to the bit where the vlackhawk comes in. Took the advice of the person who said dont go rushing in to the blackhawk, but then the blackhawk must have got blown up or something cos it said game over and this time I wasnt dead.

After a few more tries the best method for me was to put the support guy in the road at the back of the embassy. He deals with most of the guys that come from there. The sniper is best positioned on the stairs but so the first tank cant see him (this is where the prone bug thing is a pain, i tried going sniper and lying prone at the top of the stairs couldnt shoot anyone near to the embassy - first time i'd experienced the bug). Last guy can stand in between you and the marine guys. He'll move in and out of cover as he sees fit. Then set sniper and support guy in back road to 'cover'. Best if you just duck and pop the odd shot now and again at the APC guys. Take out the tank by takin a few steps to one side of the boulder, he cant see you and your sniper/marines should be giving enough cover to the front. Once thats done leg it up the stairs and pop a few more shots towards the monument guys to help sniper out.

Leg it back downstairs behind the boulder and call in the appaches for the tank near the monument (be quick!). Around this time there is a lull in the shooting... GO GO GO! pick up the vip and get him to the blackhaw (which should have arrived by now), don't wait to see where the bullets are comin from just go :rofl: Then go hide back behind the boulder :P Mopping up the rest of whatever's there should be easy now, you've done the hard bit. Just dont try and run to the 2nd blackhawk until you are sure all the bad guys are dead. Even if it means sittin there waiting for 10min :ph34r: Or flank the support guy you had in the back street over to the road that runs past the embassy and have him face the monument while set to 'cover'.

Surely we could all have got in the first blackhawk if the VIP was gonna lie on the floor. I guess it made it a bit more intense, though :thumbsup:

Nice one!

hello all..

iv posted before my problem, about the mission i think its 3...

when at the end i get to this parking lot, and need to defend the vip.

so i said that i killed all the bad guys, all around the parking lot, but nothing hapend..

:wall::wall::wall:

so some ppl here, told me that i need 2 destroy some tank...:

I LOOK all over the only tank is the one that attacked mr before i got to the parking lot and

it dosnt fallow me, and also i cant destroy it (dont have rpg or what ever).

so then i was told i need to get it form the roof...

so i went on the roof and walkd around 4 like 30 min... no hilicopter ar anything

and no option anywhere to call it...

i cant even find a chaet to skip the damm level... arrr

so stuck pls some 1 help...

thnks 4 ur time

Edited by viper12

hello all..

iv posted before my problem, about the mission i think its 3...

when at the end i get to this parking lot, and need to defend the vip.

so i said that i killed all the bad guys, all around the parking lot, but nothing hapend..

:wall::wall::wall:

so some ppl here, told me that i need 2 destroy some tank...:

I LOOK all over the only tank is the one that attacked mr before i got to the parking lot and

it dosnt fallow me, and also i cant destroy it (dont have rpg or what ever).

so then i was told i need to get it form the roof...

so i went on the roof and walkd around 4 like 30 min... no hilicopter ar anything

and no option anywhere to call it...

i cant even find a chaet to skip the damm level... arrr

so stuck pls some 1 help...

thnks 4 ur time

Sounds to me like you have missed an objective and there for have not triggered the script for the carpark part of the mission ? do you get a cross come brefing when you enter the carpark ? Have you destroyed the petrol station as a diversone?

Yea yea yea, I know its a stupid question, but this mission is killing me.

I have found a way to clear the way for the Vips but how the h... can I make them follow me?

Regards

[NH]7H

VIP is indured on the floor he aint gonna follow you m8. Whe the helo lands stand over him and press X and you will pick him up so you can carrie him to the helo. :thumbsup:

Hardest bit of that mission is keeping alive when your men are dead.

After you carry him to the Halo you gota keep alive untill they come back for you. Get upstairs keep low.

Oki thanx a lot ppl. I will throw him in the helo and get on with it.

Bo

Well I'm just gettin frustrated now. I just can't get past the 4th save point. Its getting to the point where I'm going to give up and wait for a crack because I'm just getting bored now. I've figured out a way to nail the 2 MG emplacements, but the 3rd one at the end of the street ? nah - ain't happening.

3 nights of gameplay and no joy.

Well I'm just gettin frustrated now. I just can't get past the 4th save point. Its getting to the point where I'm going to give up and wait for a crack because I'm just getting bored now. I've figured out a way to nail the 2 MG emplacements, but the 3rd one at the end of the street ? nah - ain't happening.

3 nights of gameplay and no joy.

Don't lose heart. Take a really careful look at the sat view and find an approach that will either allow you angles on an MG nest or the ability to avoid it entirely on your way to an objective. You can often do that in GRAW; not every enemy has to be confronted head-on. If you backtrack a bit and work your way around, I seem to recall you can get an angle on the MGs. I vaguely recall taking out one of them from a corner with a frag without exposing myself to a frontal hail of bullets. Another could be sniped. I may even have avoided the third by finding a way quickly to cross a street some distance away and get past him. Think about where you need to go, not how many enemies you need to destroy.