Mission #3 : VIP2 is down

btw: whats the main difference between easy, normal and hard? more enemies? you cannot take as many bullets in hard as in easy,...etc?

i don't know, more enemies i think, but i hope it is more than that

can any one answere it clearly ????

sorry might be off topic

on topic:

I MADE IT !!!!

had to wait the assault out till the last man, sneaky basterds hide well behind allmost every thing

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take all your Ghosts into the Embassy and put them into cover upstairs(facing SE). Take your character and go up and all the way to the right where you can snipe and defend from the low wall. Once the first tank shows (from NE) up lean out to the left so that you can just see the rear 1/4 of the armour. Call in Apache's. Then run down, grab VIP and take him to the chopper. Once you dump him into the chopper you double time it to the large monument. Fairly easy to defend from here and you have a great shot at 2nd armour which comes from the bridge tunnel (SW). Once second armour is down you head to the north west side of the monument. 3rd armour will advance from other side (SE). After it passes, sneak behind it and call the last strike in.

Edited by }PW{ Payback

btw: whats the main difference between easy, normal and hard? more enemies? you cannot take as many bullets in hard as in easy,...etc?

i don't know, more enemies i think, but i hope it is more than that

can any one answere it clearly ????

sorry might be off topic

on topic:

I MADE IT !!!!

had to wait the assault out till the last man, sneaky basterds hide well behind allmost every thing

I have completed the campaign on both settings. What I have noticed is that on Hard you have a few more tangos in certain areas, as well they are more alert and accurate in their fire. You also cannot take as many hits before going down.

Yes, you are right it is really tough. But so were the original GR games. If I remember correctly, if you walked past an enemy you hadnt seen, he would blow seven bells of ###### out of your team. Same goes for GRAW, I did the embassy mission by setting the two members of my team who were left to cover the main entry points of the Mexican soldiers, blew up the tanks with the cross-com interface and bugged out on the chopper.

Liked the green color of the forums better :(

You have the option of using the "classic" skin by going to the bottom of the forums and changing skin selection. :thumbsup:

**SPOILER **

Funny, my experience is entirely differerent to those folks' who have had difficulty with the defend-the-embassy climax. I found the long trek to the rally point (checkpoint number 3) really tough. It's by far the longest stretch so far between save-points and it literally took me all weekend. After taking out two APCs the game is saved. Another APC shows up, parks, and disgorges its infantry in the Ghosts' path. The main road is guarded by a fearsomely accurate RPG on a rooftop and I found it hellishly difficult to both dodge the RPG and fight the infantry in the alleyways. I could make life easier by running to a corner of the main drag (just out of range of that infernal RPG) and ambushing the APC, destroying it and its troops before it reaches its destination. Then all I had to do was deal with patrols. And the RPG. I discovered only one spot from which it was possible to play peekaboo with it, lobbing M-203s until he goes quiet. And there's still some way to go to the next savepoint. Progressing towards the destination, I had one guy killed the instant the game saved when the orders change, so I had to reload the previous SP and deal with the bloody RPG again! Grrr. Finally I got it all right, avoiding the two MG nests (or taking one out, I can't remember), finding the two AT vehicles and making it to the supply chopper.

I"m still glad there are no quicksaves. I appreciate the challenge as long as the game "plays fair", which, so far, GRAW does; I have not been wishing I could quicksave my way around glitches.

I was not bothered by spawning enemies in the embassy sequence. To me, it looked like the rebels aproached legitimately, not materialised by magic. And if I placed my team in the rubble, returning there myself after dumping VIP #2 in the helo, I found it easy to defend, as long as I could call in air on the tanks fast enough and had M-203s left for the APCs.

For all the frustration I've experienced in this mission, I love this game; it's by far the best tactical shooter I've ever played (and I've played 'em all) although if MP were the only reason I wanted it I guess I'd be a little frustrated. This SP campaign is stunningly good and well-executed. I'd be interested to read how you all dealt with checkpoint #3 (as described above); I wonder if I'm alone in making such heavy weather of it. My only small quibble is that I wish I could just order my sniper to take out the RPG on the roof but it's a bit beyond the AI. What does that "Attack" command actually do?

hello all..

i got a problem.. :wall:

im stuck in the game..

lvl 3 (i think) the mission that i need to rescue some presidnt, and then i find his limo and hes not there.. at the end i get to this parking lot.. any 1 know what im talking about??

anyway.. the prob is, that the mission is to hold the parking lot.. so i do,

i held it for like 20 min... so then after i saw nothing hapens i killed all the enemys waiting out side.. and on the roof top.. and no bad guy was left.. but still nothing hapend...

and i cant go anywhere else cos it outside mission erea...

so what am i sposed 2 do?

am missing somthing?

thnks 4 ur time

Edited by viper12

Can anyone help me with this mission,its the last part of vip 2 is down,just after the big explosion you have to go to vip2,s possition but everytime i get close to the way point it says im leaving the mission area,what am i doing wrong ?

tried a diff rout still did it,tried left/right still did it,i recon there is a problem with the bakup,might have to get original !!

[Do not post in ALL CAPS please]

Edited by bomberuk

no need for shouting (caps) bomberuk

you might not have walked the right way, that is what is ment with leaving mission area

there is another way to get there, try another route use tac map if you have not done so far (which is unlikely but you never know)

the attack option must be executed when ai and target are in one clear line of sight of each other, otherwise it does notwork and you get the winning teammate calling it off

the attack option does work very well when team is equiped with zeus later in mission 4 (bunker mission)

the attack option does work very well when team is equiped with zeus later in mission 4 (bunker mission)

That's interesting. Are you saying that the ZEUS can be used to destroy the bunkers instead of the C4? If so, what heat sig does it lock onto? If this is not the case, can anyone tell me if I still need to cart around this very heavy one-shot wonder after I have destroyed the bunker and can re-arm at the helo?

i finished this one putting my 3 man covering 3 directions in the plaza circle, myself went upstairs to throw nades and snipe. Didnt touch the fallen man untill mission was won.

Note: embassy mission :)

Edited by ERIXX

That's interesting. Are you saying that the ZEUS can be used to destroy the bunkers instead of the C4? If so, what heat sig does it lock onto? If this is not the case, can anyone tell me if I still need to cart around this very heavy one-shot wonder after I have destroyed the bunker and can re-arm at the helo?

you might wanna have a zeus with ya, when you have past the bunkers

OMG... I am not alone. I tried the embassy hunker-down part probably like 20 times last night.

To make it even MORE challenging, at my current checkpiont I only have 1 ghost-mate alive. AND, I am equipped with 1 clip of sniper ammo, thats it.

However I have gotten REALLY good with that rifle and , while I cant understand why this far in the future it would be so slow to reload, its really fun to use and well balanced.

Anyway, I can get the the final stage almost every time now, but my last ghost will die and I get clipped by one of the last remaining tangos, in a fit of frustration I cried in agony.. but enjoying every second.

I probably should of gone back to checkpoint 4 where I had all my squadmates, I know I could beat it with a full team. But trying to tackle it practically solo is really tough.

But like I said, in these circumstances I think it made me 4x as good at this game.... if I could just get to the bloody chopper and get the frick out of this mission!!!!!!

Tonight I shall prevail