Ghost Recon.net Forums

Having to hard reset after crash

Had same problem with Demo. Was hoping it would go away with retail.

AMD 3500+

Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo

1 GB Corsair Ram

BFG 6800 GT OC

Sound Blaster Live! / Plantronics USB headset

500 Watt Power Supply

I start playing a mission and at random points my display will show a strange pixelated pattern and then my monitor looks like it went into sleep mode. Sometimes I can still hear the ambient noises of the game, but I have no more control. I end up having to hard reset the machine. Happens using either the USB headset or just my soundblaster.

I have tried two different video driver versions and currently have the set released on 4/29 Forceware 84.56. I have the latest creative labs drivers (nothing new for the live! version) and the latest plantronics drivers. I also installed the newest hyperion 4 in 1 via chipset drivers for my mobo.

Windows is up to date and pewter is virus/adaware/spyware free.

I have tried changing my BIOS settings; Fastwrite on and off, AGP 4x and 8x, and other settings to see if that would work.

I tried setting max frames to render ahead to 0 and that didnt work.

I checked the heat of my video card and it is ok, same with motherboard. My voltages all look ok in BIOS.

I play other graphic intense games regularly without a hitch - Oblivion, Americas Army (hours on end), Everquest and a bunch of others - no problems.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for lookin.

Psylent