Enemy Ammo....

Just wondering, can you actually pick up enemy ammo?

I was told you could depending on what gun you carry, but now i'm not so sure.

For e.g on Coup D'etait , not too sure what rifles the enemy carry or whether you can pick up their pistol ammo?

I often find myself running out only halfway through the map... LoL

Any ideas?

Unless you're using the sniper rifle, I don't have any clue as how you'd run out of ammo. Single shot, man, it only takes one to drop em.

Running around the demo map I noticed I could pick up ammo from certain guns (enemy machine guns work for the XM8). I don't know any specifics though. You hear a faint "clack clack" and the ammo clips go up if you run over a "correct" gun.

I know that if your using the SCAR-L or the M8 you can pick up the ammo from the enemies G36's. i'm not sure about sniper ammo or the machine gun though.

I don't think i have used more than 5 mags in the demo level yet :blink: , I spend most of my time in burst or single shot.

Yeah the enemy are carrying mostly 5.56mm weapons so the M8's and SCAR-L's can use the ammo. the MP5SD5 "can" pick up ammo if your lucky enought to kill a guy with a pistol(jeep drivers mostly).there are Snipers with Rifles(look like PSG-1s) but as for if anything can use the ammo I dont know I have mostly been using the SCAR-L or M8/M8 Compact

ahem the guns you can get ammo for are only the m8 & scar-l, aLTHO!:

on the retail version on the mission "Bulldog" you go against aguilla 7 the mexican SF peeps, and i got scar-H and mrc ammo from em so idk

but thats the only place ive seen other ammo u can get besides the m8/scar L

Unless you're using the sniper rifle, I don't have any clue as how you'd run out of ammo.  Single shot, man, it only takes one to drop em.

Running around the demo map I noticed I could pick up ammo from certain guns (enemy machine guns work for the XM8).  I don't know any specifics though.  You hear a faint "clack clack" and the ammo clips go up if you run over a "correct" gun.

my fav is the scar-h and for that calibre you don't find any/much ammo on enemy bodies. so i ran out of ammo pretty quick....even in single-shot firemode.

only weapons i have not found ammo for are the sniper rifle (.50BMG) and the MR-C (caseless ammo).

the LMG, SCAR-L and M8 all use 5.56 and the SCAR-H uses 7.62 which is much more rare than the 5.56 but i have found several.

the M9, Glock, and MP5 all use 9mm and like someone mentioned, nearly all of the vehicle drivers carry M9s.

i have seen a few guys drop PSG-1 sniper rifles in the retail version but the magazine looked like it was chambered for 7.62 (i wasn't carrying a sniper rifle at the time so i couldn't verify).

if you're using the M8 or SCAR, whne you have less than 10 mags, and you walk over the dead enemies weapon, you aquire his ammo. helps when you run low. just make sure your order your team to cover you when you do that.

on hard difficulty, this game is aa real nasty bummer. i JUST finished the first mission and got the game yesterday