how is MP Dom Mode?

I'm wondering what the DOM mode is truly like to play. Interested in hearing feedback...How many players do you think need by in a game to make it interesting and should the server be set to Respawn, how long are the average rounds... how long does it take to "buy weapons" with the tactical points...

Thanks.

Does not take long to buy guns, I do not think Domination is fun, maybe sum type of control point like bf2 would be ok.

As said before more game modes are needed.

IMO Domination Mode blows...

It sounded like that to me too. I think BO knew that and hence he didn't put it in the demo. Time will tell of course, but for us hardcore MP fans, this appears to be a major let down...that is until the new MP modes come out...if in fact they do come out...

Thanks for the reply 101.

Semper Fi!

Does not take long to buy guns, I do not think Domination is fun, maybe sum type of control point like bf2 would be ok.

As said before more game modes are needed.

IMO Domination Mode blows...

How does it 'blow' and why? Please expand...and tell those of us who are waiting to buy this game...we need INFO and lots of it...Please! Thanks :)

I've been playing the game over the past 2 days since I received in the mail. The domination mode is okay even though I would prefer lms, tdm, seige, or CTF. One thing that I particularly have a problem with is I came up behind someone and it took a quarter of my ammo to take person out if they were really truly staying with the old GR format I could've seen between one and three rounds to take them down. Also they need to add in hotkeys to more quickly switch between weapons. More than one time I was in hurry to switch to hand grenades and got a damn smoke grenade. As for gameplay the more people you have in domination mode the better the gameplay is 5v5 on the low end. As for 2, 3, and 4 you kind of wonder around the map taking control of areas and retake control of areas. But this mode will do for a month or so and if the other modes to not come out by then it will probably hurt the game. Another thing about tactical points I still haven't figured out how the game figures what you're tactical points are. Sometimes I get very few points and other times I get 1500 to over 2000 points. Take for instance one-game I got in a good position that I could see most of the middle part of the map where most people come across and I was grenading and shooting people as they came across my position and in the game I was only awarded 350 tactical points even though at the end of the game I had five kills and zero deaths. In this scenario it forced the other team to take the roots on the sides of the map to avoid be taken out by me. This gave my teammates the opportunity to hide pick them off as they came along the sides. This mode in my opinion is best played with large numbers and the team with voip will own the map.

I have not played Domination mode that much. I finally got the game to login to gamespy tonight. IMO it is really cool, the problem is that we need more servers and more people to play. I think 16+ people will make this mode fun. The maps I played are very nice (church and shanty), you have to play very tactically and you have to watch your back, I got shot in the back quite a few times. I also think that the map isn't that fun without respawns, but I am not sure about this because I have to try it with more people on the servers to see if no respawns kills or makes the game. Look at the bright side if you don't like to mode a TDM mode is coming out in the add-on next month. :o=

to expand: really it is just a race to the area if u want to win the match.

There is no aspect of teamplay that I have seen in the !4! active servers with the whopping 80 people online total!

There is no sneaking to start because the area you are in flashes. Really the only reason I do not forsee Dom mode being any better in the future is because the lack of team play. A clan on one side would be fun, as they have external voice clients(Ventrilo, teamspeak) There is no team communication that I have seen.

As i said, if the ENTIRE map was not a place your team could have I think it would be better. When I am an inch into another zone who says I want to take it over just yet? maybe I want to pass it by and take another, more usefull place?

Remember this is all IMO so if u have counter arguments please share them.

I just think there should be more options, some maps will work with dom, others with DM, etc... All these maps are not that great with a Dom mode.

Interesting...some of the reasons I didn't think this mode would work good for non-competitive pickup games looks to be valid. Tactical is a good thing, especially in matching situations on ladders etc. But if you just want to get into a pickup game with people you don't usually play with, this mode is not going to work well. It just doesn't seem possible to get people to work together on the fly. Everyone just wants to have fun killing folks.

Well it looks like it is a good thing they are going to add at least one more basic mode for MP, but it looks to me like they are going to need to do more than that, maybe a few modes and some more maps that work well with those modes.

It is still early though, and thanks for the info! :)

Wait a minute, how many rounds does it take to kill someone online?  Please don't tell me it  takes an unrealistic ammount like in BF2.  Oh well, that's what mods are for. :)

i'm guessing the reason people are complaining about that is because of lag. without good servers it's hard to be sure.

,May 4 2006, 12:39 AM]

Can someone run some test for this? Like headshots and so on...

Bravo, What is up my brother, hope you and your Bro are well...Hansolo sends his best ;)

Hello there my friend... greetings to him too... hopefully we will be matching again :g_guns: after all the MP deal gets sorted out :thumbsup:

,May 4 2006, 12:53 AM]

,May 4 2006, 12:39 AM]

Can someone run some test for this? Like headshots and so on...

Bravo, What is up my brother, hope you and your Bro are well...Hansolo sends his best ;)

Hello there my friend... greetings to him too... hopefully we will be matching again :g_guns: after all the MP deal gets sorted out :thumbsup:

Well, time will tell Bravo, so far, I'm not a believer just yet, after all this is UBI and if BO and his team were really paying attention to the feed back here and at gr.com, would the MP even be an issue right now. I think not.

Come on Grin you're making me frown...don't be clowns, turn that MP action upside down, or your game will never sell in MP town!

Well, time will tell Bravo, so far, I'm not a believer just yet, after all this is UBI and if BO and his team were really paying attention to the feed back here and at gr.com, would the MP even be an issue right now.  I think not.

Come on Grin you're making me frown...don't be clowns, turn that MP action upside down, or your game will never sell in MP town!

Here is a little fact.

"How long does it take to develop games like these, from concept to release?

It really depends on the title, what you're starting with, and obviously, the teams you've got in place and their core experience. In general, a decent development cycle for a major title should run around 2-3 years, give or take a bit. Parts of the "Legacy" graphics technology have been in the works for almost four years (see below)."

-Taken from http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/gami...icle/15318.html

"How long has GRiN Been working on Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter?

1.5 years"

"That explains why the game is not come with all the modes, but why only 1.5 years?

Well you see Billy, GRiN was hired by this company called UBIsoft, and they tell them when they want their product. So GRiN and Ubisoft have arranged for a free expansion pack that should make up for this and everyone was given 3 weeks warning before the game was even released!"

My point being, its not a matter of them not listening to us =) I'm quite happy with the direciton GRAW is going and people like you need to stop saying "us", please speak for yourself.

Not picking on or anything, but when you make false post like that, it starts rumors.

Yes please speak for yourself. This game has potential like CRAZY. From seeing what grin has done in half the time of most other developers, I will gladly wait and see what else they throw at us. It is not like they didnt tell us it was coming. We know it is. Wait for it. and then get ready to eat humble pie.

I thinK Dom mode is fun, though i can not wait for some regular mp, and HOPEFULLY dedicated COOP servers. Cause coop is pretty much my only love.

First of all the full retail version is amazing. Graphics like time of day are evident immediately, now I understand why colors were the way they were on the retail.

GAMEPLAY....GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY....

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Graphics, superb, "next generation" and will be current looking for quite some time.....my 7800GTX can barely keep up...THAT IS A GOOD THING!!!

IT MEANS LONGEVITY to the games GRAPHICS!!!

Artwork is wonderful...

GAMEPLAY IS GREAT!!!! AT MINIMUM ITS AS GOOD AS GR1....IT IS BETTER REALLY.

BETTER THAN GR1~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT"S RIGHT I SAID IT!!!!!!!

OH MEXICO CITY...!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EXPANSION MAP PACKS!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin1::grin1::grin1::grin1::grin1::grin1::grin1:

Ok just played for a few hours.

The game mode is fun, although i can see a lot of people who played GR not liking it, its slightly more arcadey than GR. Not as bad as BF2, but still i can see some people waiting for tdm, i like it however..

Kills are mostly one shot, if you switch your gun to one shot mode it always kills as far as i can tell, auto tends to be a 3 shot burst to make sure of the kill. This is using the XM8. The SCAR's are no doubt more deadly.

The maps are very big, if you get in a good spot with a sniper you can really kill a lot of people without them seeing you, theres generally a lot of cover however, but you usually have to leave it to get between zones.

Server stability seems poor from what i've seen, servers tend to last a couple of map changes before they don't register any captures or hits, and generally crash. This is the real bad news as far i'm concerned, basically to run a server it seems you have to babysit it :angry:

I was talking to one of the server admins, and they are currently running the server on a 4400X2 with 1 meg upload, and they can just get 16players on it before it lags, and tbh pings were spiking pretty bad with 12 players on so i dunno. That being said you don't feel the lag in movement, you only notice it when you get shot by someone who is still running at you... :blink:

The bandwidth requirements don't really correlate with the 512kbs upload for a full server that has been mentioned before. Although i always thought it odd they were saying you needed 128kps download to play, 128kbs * 32 <> 512kbs. For pubs 1 meg up for 16 is prob ok, i don't know what team size ladders will use, but i wouldn't go more than 10 players on 1meg for a clan game.

I'm still hopeful that GRIN can sort out these problems soon, and it needs to be soon (i.e. within a couples of weeks imho) if they want the game to have any moderate long term success.

Still with all that negative stuff being said, i'm wanting to play more as i type this, and thats always a good sign.

Wait a minute, how many rounds does it take to kill someone online?  Please don't tell me it  takes an unrealistic ammount like in BF2.  Oh well, that's what mods are for. :)

i'm guessing the reason people are complaining about that is because of lag. without good servers it's hard to be sure.

I killed most people with 1 shot, but due to server lag sometimes you shoot a load of lead at someone and he does not die. I think it's lag because sometimes they just disappear and appear somewhere a bit a far from your position. As ghost said we need dedicated servers to confirm this.