I've Completed the game.

Well the singleplayer campaign was amazing and awesome! the ending is just nothing i expected and is so superb that it seems it was made by a hollywood movie writer, i swear to god ive never played a game with such a tension filled storyline ~ just awesome!

There are 11 levels *i will not go into detail because i might get carried away and type some spoilers, that would be bad...* BO stated each mission is long - he is NOT lying, the missions take roughly 1.5-2.5 hours each on normal difficulty, the level design is far from linear and offers much tactical approach throughout each one, there are about 2 lonewolf missions which are probably the hardest.

The GRAW demo does not, by a long shot, proove this game worthy, play the mission "Ready for bare" and then tell me what you think about GR:AW. Just amazing.

The SP took about 5 days to complete and i played about 5 hours a day roughly (yes, i died alot, pathetic? no... graw is basically one shot one kill)

So basically im not one for typing alot so i tryed to keep it short & simple. Now about MP:

Gamespy is not yet working i presume because I cannot log in, nor create a new account, well all in all, I think GRAW is excellent and I bought 2 copies ---> one from EB games where my friend chris works, and just my 2nd copy today.

I hope if anyone reads this and was weary of buying the game soley because the demo was ###### then please re-consider, this game is a true next-gen game and a big thumbs up to all the grin crew especially desmond, the sound on this game with an x-fi platinum is just stunning.

PS: The retail version of the game also thanks whitenight and colin... woot

-Tom,

out

Edited by aCid

thanks for the info (still have to wait a day to get mine).

quick question: are the SP maps all in the city? i loved the demo and the game, just curious if theres more than city, so i can brace myself for the 50 threads on "EVERYTHINGS THE SAME!". Thought i saw some desert map on a video a while ago but it was bad quality so i couldnt really tell. Thanks.

and no they arent all in the city, they are in or around the city, theres a mission in like a disney land kind of park thing its mostly grass and trees, called chapultapec park or somthing idk, theres also missions outside of city in the desert

Edited by ZJJ

thanks for the info (still have to wait a day to get mine).

quick question: are the SP maps all in the city? i loved the demo and the game, just curious if theres more than city, so i can brace myself for the 50 threads on "EVERYTHINGS THE SAME!". Thought i saw some desert map on a video a while ago but it was bad quality so i couldnt really tell. Thanks.

The maps are all in the city, but the city itself doesn't look the same from one end to the next. It's not all fancy buildings and paved streets. The 'desert' area you saw was from one of the missions that has a lot of dusty hills, dirt roads and the buildings themselves are basically small enclosures built of aluminum siding or shattered brick buildings the size of huts. Very much different from the demo level. Another is a large park area complete with trees and stone paths - very neat and organized like an upscale carefully tended park rather than a more random and natural setting.

Just a couple examples. It's not all city streets and modern-ish buildings.

THAT is the best review I have read in a while about this game!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It really makes me want the game.........even more.............!

Looks like a "full weekend" with the game!................may have to send the "spouse" out shopping!!!!!!!! :lol:

Kingkat

Well can you answer my question that no one else will?  :unsure: What other game modes for SP does GRAW include? (firefight,defend,lonewolf etc.?)

not sure what u mean but there are levels where u have to defend the mexican president, and a few lonewolf missions

Edited by ZJJ

What other game modes for SP does GRAW include? (firefight,defend,lonewolf etc.?)
not sure what u mean but there are levels where u have to defend the mexican president, and a few lonewolf missions

He's asking if there are any other game modes such as Firefight in GR, where you had to kill a certain number of bad guys on the map.

Also, any chance of some screenshots of the park and desert areas?

That leads me on to another question - can you go back and play any mission you like once you have beaten them? I.E, can you view each mission in a list in the campaign menu and replay the missions?

Edited by 2nd Ranger

What other game modes for SP does GRAW include? (firefight,defend,lonewolf etc.?)

He's asking if there are any other game modes such as Firefight in GR, where you had to kill a certain number of bad guys on the map.

Also, any chance of some screenshots of the park and desert areas?

That leads me on to another question - can you go back and play any mission you like once you have beaten them? I.E, can you view each mission in a list in the campaign menu and replay the missions?

yes u can replay any mission from a selected list, there are no [GR] gameplay modes in SP that i can find, and as far as i know there are no screenshot buttons and i dont use fraps i use ati tray tools to read my fps. but i will see what i can do

ps; there is alot of replay value the enemys dont spawn, they patrol, the tac map prooves that, just hover over a random area to find mexicans patrolling

pss: the demo mission yall played was 1/3rd of that acual level :)

Yeah I have to agree that SP rocks! It is very cool to launch the drone and look at the guys patrolling the area and the ability to take any path the get to the action is very cool! I even have to go against the grain here and say the AI are very good at what they do, the only problem I have had with them from demo - playing the full game last night was me sending one to his death.

The coop is very good to, in fact I think the coop is the best I have ever played and the lag in coop with my high pings is very good and unnoticeable

The domination mode is ok and is growing on me the more I play it… I just wish we had dedi servers so we could all get pings under 150. I can also see why they included the Domination mode with the maps being so large, this system to keep the action focused and the firefights going.

Someone asked about lone wolf, there are actually a coupple of lone wolf missions in SP, first one is nighttime in a huge park and around the palace, very nice indeed, lots of prone crawling around and some fast action in the end.

Other one is allmost completely the opposite, daytime in industrial area, lots of slicing pie, hiding behind boxes and taking long distance firefights with towers and the likes.

They are both nice levels, and the ones with the team just keeps getting better and better... so I completely agree with the original poster, go buy this game, it is probably the shooter of the year and the more people buying it the better the support will be.

Edited by ZJJ

Someone asked about lone wolf, there are actually a coupple of lone wolf missions in SP, first one is nighttime in a huge park and around the palace, very nice indeed, lots of prone crawling around and some fast action in the end.

Other one is allmost completely the opposite, daytime in industrial area, lots of slicing pie, hiding behind boxes and taking long distance firefights with towers and the likes.

They are both nice levels, and the ones with the team just keeps getting better and better... so I completely agree with the original poster, go buy this game, it is probably the shooter of the year and the more people buying it the better the support will be.

well said my friend, well said :grin1:

Edited by ZJJ