Shouldn't Capt. Mitchell be a part of the team

I agree to that and I'd like to add:

When he's issuing some orders you should also hear these orders because it doesn't make any sense, if he is not using handsignals AND not vocally issuing orders. I mean how are they (the ghosts) supposed to know what he wants them to do? The ghosts are soldiers not telepaths.

Why do you need Mitchel telling you what you see?...

Just as there is no kill confirmation text (thank you GRIN :grin1: ), there shouldn't be any verbal confirmation kills from the other Ghosts. But GRIN gave us that and its ok. If Mitchel has to tell you what you see, then maybe you should pay more attention to the battle in front of you.

silent_op

The real story behind captain Mitchell is; He was captured by aliens back in, what was that ?...1935 Roswald something.

Anyways they tortured him for days plucking his nose hairs and calling him bungholio.

This drove him insane and he joined the Ghosts to some how kill his captures...He vowed not to speak untill he has seen every last green alien punted into oblivion!

That would ruin my fun, personally. I don't want some teen-rated one-liners from my character basically dictating what I say when I drop someone. Maybe you guys don't talk to your defeated enemies, but I do.

It would get annoying after a while anyway, not least of all because A: You usually do most of the killing and the messages would be too frequent, and B: you'd tire of hearing the same messages over and over.

Well playing coop in the demo I noticed I could hear my buddies' character telling me when he killed someone, but no one hears mine (I'm the host...) when I do...

I'm still working on my "top ten things I would like in GRAW" list and that will be in it :shifty:

Why do you need Mitchel telling you what you see?...
Maybe because it's realistic? :huh: At least when I served, in my unit we weren't able to communicate via telepathy.
Just as there is no kill confirmation text (thank you GRIN g_thumbsup.gif ), there shouldn't be any verbal confirmation kills from the other Ghosts. But GRIN gave us that and its ok. If Mitchel has to tell you what you see, then maybe you should pay more attention to the battle in front of you.

I think the magic word here is "option" because that means if you don't like them turn them off just as you can with the verbal confirmation kills (don't tell me you didn't know that). However if you go for realism, then verbal confirmations have to be inside and verbal orders or at least handsignals as well. Why? Simply because in a unit you need to communicate one way or the other or you won't stay alive very long! ;)

BTW:

It really wouldn't be a big deal to integrate them with a patch since the voice files already exist. All that needs to be done is a bit of coding to add the option to the main menue and attach the voice files to the cross-com command menue.

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

One more thing i do notice that sometime the ghost member will scream out loud when orders given. This somehow alerted the enemy that i want to ambush!! damn...

Ghost :"SCOTT!!MOVING TO YOUR POSITION!!"

Rebels : Gringo is here!!!

---danish

the option would be ok , no problem there .

but how do you know the voice files already exist ? theres no viewable content forom the game .

Because these voice files have been recorded for the XBox360 version of the game - they could simply use these and the problem would be solved. Edited by Vth_F_Smith