Most everyone in this forum should be ashamed

(I apologize for the rant and accept this thread will more than likely be moved or deleted, but I feel it ought to be said.)

When the Grin developers, (at some expense to their own free and work time) decided to come onto these forums to try and give their fanbase a little bit of support, you all seemed pleasant enough. Fairly appreciative of their presence, at the very least. Anyway, at some point I guess your sense of wonder wore off, because the forum (and I imagine their PM boxes) became flooding with idiotic criticisms, nonsensical demands, and uneducated accusations. Likely not one poster here has even a third of the knowledge of game development that the people at Grin do, but nevertheless all of you decide you knew better, to a point of argument and attacks.

Still, like some kind of surreal battered spouses, the Grin employees have continued to post, and no matter what the moderators do they can't seem to stop the flood of:

Mod tools

Not planned :o

Hit Boxes!?

will there be more skins?

SCREENSHOT KEY?

Damn pesky bugs...

And of course the many deleted threads. On page two 'On the eve of release i just want to thank GRIN' has 30 views and no replies.

Whether you like the game or not, at the very least be polite, civil, and respectful. And a little bit humble, considering you have, truly, no idea how to make a game. All it seems you can do is insult and demean people who work day and night to bring you (under appreciated) entertainment.

Edit:

Almost missed

'GR:AW Will Be $19.95 in three months' :rolleyes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(I apologize for the rant and accept this thread will more than likely be moved or deleted, but I feel it ought to be said.)

When the Grin developers, (at some expense to their own free and work time) decided to come onto these forums to try and give their fanbase a little bit of support, you all seemed pleasant enough. Fairly appreciative of their presence, at the very least. Anyway, at some point I guess your sense of wonder wore off, because the forum (and I imagine their PM boxes) became flooding with idiotic criticisms, nonsensical demands, and uneducated accusations. Likely not one poster here has even a third of the knowledge of game development that the people at Grin do, but nevertheless all of you decide you knew better, to a point of argument and attacks.

Still, like some kind of surreal battered spouses, the Grin employees have continued to post, and no matter what the moderators do they can't seem to stop the flood of:

Mod tools

Not planned  :o

Hit Boxes!?

SCREENSHOT KEY?

Damn pesky bugs...

And of course the many deleted threads. On page two 'On the eve of release i just want to thank GRIN' has 30 views and no replies.

Whether you like the game or not, at the very least be polite, civil, and respectful. And a little bit humble, considering you have, truly, no idea how to make a game. All it seems you can do is insult and demean people who work day and night to bring you (under appreciated) entertainment.

We have to speak up....period. Its our money going into their pockets. So we have a right to our opinions.......including rocky himself if you haven't noticed.

Guest Tech

I'm with Sup, and :g_withgrin:

Very well said. At least wait till you played a few days with the full game. It' still only a video game... :whistle:

EDIT: I agree Stalker, people can speak up about their likes and dislikes, but they should do it in a polite and respectfull way. They will still get their points on the table, without hurting anyone...

Edited by Tech

Well your way is the best then i guess..thanks for clearing that up.. :sheep:

yes and we must obey. :rolleyes:

p.s. oh and heres my fifty bucks. backordered? whenever.

patch? whenever whatever. :rolleyes:

its a miracle we even got a pc game when you think about it. *sigh* :(

Edited by Stalker_Zero

Well your way is the best then i guess..thanks for clearing that up.. :sheep:

yes and we must obey. :rolleyes:

Well, you do have to obey:

# [3.1] Multiple Accounts : Each member is permitted one forum account. If you have reason to require more than one account please check with any member of Staff.

# [3.2] Personal attacks : Any posts containing personal or racist attacks will be edited or deleted and the originating account risks banning.

# [3.3] Flame wars : If you cannot hold a reasoned debate without resorting to Flaming, you are not welcome here.

# [3.4] Forum Moderators : Abuse directed at Forum Admin or Moderators will not be tolerated and will result in instant account deletion for the offender. Staff members are carefully selected and have my full backing, they give their own free time to dedicate themselves to our teams and abuse directed at them will not be tolerated.

# [3.5] E-mail Address : Sign up with a working e-mail address from your ISP. This is for security reasons. It is not used for any other purpose.

# [3.6] Rules : Repeated disregard for Forum Rules or Moderator warnings will result in accounts being banned.

# [3.7] Warez : Links to warez sites or discussion of warez is not permitted. Breach of this rule can lead to legal proceedings against this site, and will not be tolerated. [Thing that should not be spoken of here] are against the Ubi Soft licencing agreement and are included in this rule - which is strictly enforced.

# [3.8] Vulgarity Swearing is not permitted, it only degrades the forum and dilutes the debate. Posts of a sexual nature or of inappropriate images are included in this rule.

# [3.9] Signature Images Please keep these images to a reasonable size, less than 480x111 pixels and preferably below 100Kb in size, and 4 lines in length for text sigs. This is for the benefit of users on a slow connection and to reduce scrolling.

# [3.10] Spam Do not use our Forums to advertise your business or seek personal gain. People come here to read about Ghost Recon and related topics. The definition of "spam" is down to the forum moderator in the first instance. If you are unsure about making a post, ask via private message or e-mail.

# [3.11] Cheating Discussion of online cheating is not permitted. It's bad.

# [3.12] Disruption Disruptive or persistently argumentative behavior will not be tolerated .

# [3.13] Political Discussions Topics relating to politics are not allowed, they lead to unneccesary problems ie. flaming and chest beating. All posts relating to politics will be deleted.

# [3.14] Large Images Please do not include large images directly in a post as it blows out the forum formatting and causes delays for dial-up users. Any large image (greater than 500 pixels wide) should be posted as a URL instead of as an Image, or resized down to 500 pixels. You can use the attach file button to attach large images.

# [3.15] Warn Levels Each account has a 5 level warning system associated with it. If this level reaches 100% the account will be immediately suspended. The duration of the suspension will be decided by the site staff. Depending on the severity a permanent ban may be issued.

And most of what you guys post breaches at least two of those.

Edit: .12, .6, .4, .3, .2, if you're curious

Edit2:

its a miracle we even got a pc game when you think about it. *sigh*  :(

With how you treated Grin? Yeah, it is.

I think GRIN can handle the posts, they are adults unlike some people here in the forum who think they bought or ripped the game and now playing the bosses and define requirements in a not acceptable way :wall:.

GRIN know there are lots of people who not post, just reading, buying and enjoying the game.

It is the best to not reply to these guys who have a rectum directly in the face where normally the mouth is.

Summary: Keep the heads up and play some GRAW PC :g_withgrin:

not one poster has 1/3rd the knowledge that GRIN has ??

youre just as bad as yo uthink we are ... and while i support the comments about showing courtesy , asking for mod tool , skins , etc. are part of the postrelease hype , so i would venture to say you have no idea how difficult it is to make a game , nor do you know how to make one yourself . not to bash ya here , but you defintely sounds like a fool making assumptions about the whole of the forum community .

now i guess we need a smiley with the sign "im with the modders " , cuz you should show support for us as well , since we take time from our daily lives to not only disregard the bs in these forums , but continue to work for free to develop tools (if neccessary ) , produce maps , and other downloadable content for the fans , while you seem to know less , and other more .

Well, just for the record..... :g_withgrin:

Despite the lack of SADS and LMS etc, I think they've done an extremely good job with this game... a game, I might add, targeted at one of the most nitpicky and difficult to please groups of people around.

Eventhough I agree with most of your points but all developers have to expect and accept criticism. To say they came on here in the goodness of their hearts is slightly off, coming on forums is a cheap way of marketiting and could have probably benefited them as much as us. In fairness to Bo, he has been very honest and you have to respect him for that.

Eventhough I agree with most of your points but all developers have to expect and accept criticism. To say they came on here in the goodness of their hearts is slightly off, coming on forums is a cheap way of marketiting and could have probably benefited them as much as us. In fairness to Bo, he has been very honest and you have to respect him for that.

Grin isn't involved with marketing. That's Ubisoft.

Don't worry. I won't be arguing for much longer.

Its too late.

Whats done.....is done. I will play graw for a little but will always be looking out for gr1's true sequel.

Its been 5 years of incredible fun and I've held onto and defended this game and kept the faith long after alot of fans simply left. On a side note I apologize for not being able to finish the community mod or to release the rest of the sniper cannon material.

In anycase, soon enough it will finally be time to move on.

If your happy with graw as is then more power to you. :thumbsup:

Mod tools

Not planned  :o

Hit Boxes!?

SCREENSHOT KEY?

Damn pesky bugs...

Edit:

Almost missed

'GR:AW Will Be $19.95 in three months'  :rolleyes:

To put it simply...........I approve this post

:g_withgrin: -----Fresh

Don't get me wrong here, I respect and appreciate GRIN for what they are doing in developing this game and their interaction on these forums. The devs have been praised and thanked on these forums ad nauseam. I don’t quite understand where you are coming from on this.

Yes, there are some who are rude about what they post, this is common behavior on any forum and something the admin have to deal with. But for the most part, I think Bo and GRIN have been well respected on these forums. I just don’t see that ‘most everyone’ on these forums are disrespecting GRIN in any way.

There are always going to be those not happy with a new game or with portions of a new game, just par for the course in regards to game releases.

The thing that I took exception to in the original post here was the toadying and general sucking up attitude. It is up to all of us to make comments as to what we like/dislike about this or any game. I think the boys at GRIN are big enough to watch out for themselves.

My opinion (one that I'm NOT forcing on the rest of you..) is that the game looks awesome in places but as normal these days I feel it is leaving me wanting more of what GR1 gave me..(YEARS OF ENJOYMENT) I acknowledge that patches etc. are the order of the day nowadays, so thats inevitable. But I WILL reserve the right to question, comment, propose or criticize a PRODUCT that I PAID for. As they say "the CUSTOMER is ALWAYS right"

:devil:

ps: We must ALL remember the issues with GR1 before they patched it..right? :)

But I WILL reserve the right to question, comment, propose or criticize a PRODUCT that I PAID for.

That is fine and dandy, but how those those posts are done is what the issue here is. There are several members that think they can be rude and arrogent and aggressive when posting their comments, suggestions, criticism, etc. That is what needs to stop.

this isnt GR1 ... otherwise we'd have no-recoil kill frenzies and very bland player models , low poly weapons , etc.

the technology is great , i cant see why you all complain here . all i can think of is that youre a bunch of cs nubs playin the dmeo if about 1/3 of a mission , bi7chin and whining about stuff that cant even be done yet .

developing a game for 2 years or more is draining . i've modded games for 4 years , and at times i wouldve doen some pretty nasty ###### to get a vacation and goto tiajuana . so its well deserved , and when they get back , theyre goin to have to sort through fecal splatter from morons who are either ###### cuz its not GR1 with an upgraded engine , or because they want to change their skin colors .

if youre so damned insistent on makin GR1 or new skins , learn a damn development app , like photoshop or 3ds max or maya . then go buy HL2 or ut2k4 at the bargain bin and make your own damn game , then youll realzie that A : Damn i aint capable of workin that much , especially for free , due to the fact that im a nub , and B: this game's a helluva lot better than anything you could make . so :grin:

if youre so damned insistent on makin GR1 or new skins , learn a damn development app , like photoshop or 3ds max or maya . then go buy HL2 or ut2k4 at the bargain bin and make your own damn game , then youll realzie that A : Damn i aint capable of workin that much , especially for free , due to the fact that im a nub , and B: this game's a helluva lot better than anything you could make . so :grin:

:huh:

I really don't understand what you're saying.

:huh:

I really don't understand what you're saying.

I don't think anyone fully understands what he says. :wacko:

silent_op

:g_withgrin:

this isnt GR1 ... otherwise we'd have no-recoil kill frenzies and very bland player models , low poly weapons , etc.

the technology is great , i cant see why you all complain here . all i can think of is that youre a bunch of cs nubs playin the dmeo if about 1/3 of a mission , bi7chin and whining about stuff that cant even be done yet .

developing a game for 2 years or more is draining . i've modded games for 4 years , and at times i wouldve doen some pretty nasty ###### to get a vacation and goto tiajuana . so its well deserved , and when they get back , theyre goin to have to sort through fecal splatter from morons who are either ###### cuz its not GR1 with an upgraded engine , or because they want to change their skin colors .

Man, dont get so emotional, its just a game that you are going to pay $50.00 for. They didnt give you anything. Its a product, not the holly grail. While your playing a half done game, they will be driving around in their Porsche thanking you for your $50. Thank Bill Ford for your Ranger while your at it.

Edited by SGT. HACK

But I WILL reserve the right to question, comment, propose or criticize a PRODUCT that I PAID for.

That is fine and dandy, but how those those posts are done is what the issue here is. There are several members that think they can be rude and arrogent and aggressive when posting their comments, suggestions, criticism, etc. That is what needs to stop.

Rudeness is not an option in my book..I agree with you on that. But as I said, I'm not about to pay homage to a company simply because they designed (and got paid for) a game under the Ghost Recon name. The homage will come later when it has been earned. Right? :ph34r:

Edited by TekHousE

Well I do feel alot of people expect instant results from a game that hasn't even been out 24hrs yet(heck mine won't even ship until Friday). Can anyone name a PC game that HASN'T needed a patch or fix of some sort? None come to mind. People wanting unreasonable things from this game oughta go out and buy a Console if they want instant perfect game.All games go thru "teething" stages as did GR1 it wasnt the game we ended up with by a long shot, fixes take time. I mean I think this game needs work but theres a right way and wrong way to bring up points on how I would like it to be fixed(notice I said I would like) not DEMAND THIS NOW!! attitude.I think thats the main point trying to be made.

Edited by LT.INSTG8R

Rudeness is not an option in my book..I agree with you on that. But as I said, I'm not about to pay homage to a company simply because they designed (and got paid for) a game under the Ghost Recon name. The homage will come later when it has been earned. Right? :ph34r:

Exactly......you hit the nail on the head. People can still make their points and be well mannered into the bargain. GRAW will earn its way in to our hearts.

People think they can demand anything anymore and have someone jump to give it to them. It is really sad in my book to hear people act like they do in online forums. These Devs don't get paid a whole lot of money like alot of you seem to think they do, plus they have to deal with alot more pressure then most of you at your jobs. And then after spending years trying to develop the best game they know how, and trying to listen to the most fans that they can trying to balance it with what people want, then they get to come in the games forums and hear people tear into them like they hate them or something acting like the Devs were trying to scam, cheat, lie, and purposely trying to destroy a game and community by not making the game exactly to Your standards and that really irritates me!!! Every game has bugs, and is not quite finished when it's first released, and anyone that has been a gamer for awhile knows this, buts still insists on coming to forums and acting like 2 year olds. What really gets me is that most game Devs hardly at all interact with the community during a games development, but not Grin they have been in here since the begining trying to get customer feedback while making GRAW but that just is'nt enough for some of you so called fans is it???

Thier is a BIG difference in making a point and acting bad, I just hope everyone can figure out how.

Edited by Squiggy_187