EB Games

well gamestop just bought EB...so watch for lots of changes. I went to the local gamestop where I preordered GRAW and they did it to me as well. told me it would be tomorrow on the 4th. then I called after lunch jic UPS ran and they had it and they said they did! So I got permission to leave work, just to get it....and then they told me tomorrow!!! So yeah boy, smack em, smack em hard

Got my copy of GRAW today, doesnt get officaly released here until tomorrow, i had pre-ordered it at EB Games, went to the shop and told the guys there its out everywhere already so he gave me a copy. Still didnt put any out on the shelves though!, Installing now!!

So which EBgames broke street date? They can get big fines for that.

well gamestop just bought EB...so watch for lots of changes.  I went to the local gamestop where I preordered GRAW and they did it to me as well.  told me it would be tomorrow on the 4th.  then I called after lunch jic UPS ran and they had it and they said they did!  So I got permission to leave work, just to get it....and then they told me tomorrow!!!  So yeah boy, smack em, smack em hard

Uh, it is the other way around. Eb bought Gamestop and Funcoland.

Well like a lot of you guys i went down to my local eb store today to pick up my copy of the game ( i had phoned last night to confirm with them and they said come at noon on the 3rd). And what do i get when i get down there is, "oh it wont be out till the 8th", this is in Canada mind you and eb told me that some games are held back like this because they have to reprint another set of instrutions in french so it takes longer.

Well like a lot of you guys i went down to my local eb store today to pick up my copy of the game ( i had phoned last night to confirm with them and they said come at noon on the 3rd).  And what do i get when i get down there is, "oh it wont be out till the 8th", this is in Canada mind you and eb told me that some games are held back like this because they have to reprint another set of instrutions in french so it takes longer.

Ain't the French taught English as an additional language over there?

E and B screwed me today... the guys there didn't even know it was being released today till i told them.. they said it will probably be in tomorrow GRR... probably. There pc section is now so smalll.... everything went to the console Gods! GRRRR!

Well like a lot of you guys i went down to my local eb store today to pick up my copy of the game ( i had phoned last night to confirm with them and they said come at noon on the 3rd).  And what do i get when i get down there is, "oh it wont be out till the 8th", this is in Canada mind you and eb told me that some games are held back like this because they have to reprint another set of instrutions in french so it takes longer.

Ain't the French taught English as an additional language over there?

LOL!!! indeed they are, just a stupid law requiring there be both english and french on packeging. But i think its rediculous, screw the french i want my game!! lol

E and B screwed me today... the guys there didn't even know it was being released today till i told them.. they said it will probably be in tomorrow GRR... probably.  There pc section is now so smalll.... everything went to the console Gods!  GRRRR!

yeah the guy i talked to even made a dig about how i should come to the store and pre-order because "pc games don't sell very well so we only order a few copies". so if it isn't going to sell, why should i come down and preorder? ah yes, to keep me from buying it elsewhere!

Uh, it is the other way around. Eb bought Gamestop and Funcoland.

also, gamestop bought eb games for the person above who is confused.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...816244&from=rss

Edited by f1sh3r

Someone at Gamestop yesterday told me it would be in today. Someone at BestBuy yesterday told me that it should have been in the day before, so hopefully it would be in sometime in the next few days.

I went to EB on the second hoping they might have it early too but they said it would be shipped to them on the 3rd and I could get it on the 4th so my guess is it is the same for everyone that ordered from EB so try again today as I’m going to pick up mine now, later. :party:

I dealt with GameSuck all week. First I checked online on both EBGames.com and gamestop.com (same backend server, I know, but always good to check), and it had 5/2 listed. I checked GameSuck that day, and the nice guy said it would be in tomorrow (5/3). I said no problem, and then he went into a rant about preordering to reserve a copy. I said "no thanks" and went on my way. So 5/3 rolls around, I check the website and notice the date changed to 5/3 on the DVD version, and shipping for the CD version. Seemed odd, but went to the store anyway. Now I get another clown saying that the game ships today and doesn't come in until tomorrow. Now the Walmart across the street (which has about the same size gaming collection as gamestop nowadays) didn't have it in either, but their help also mentioned that they get it in usually late in the week if it's a new release regardless of date.

As of this point, I'm trying WalMart and *Gasp* Best 3 days late Buy which is an extra 20 minute drive each way before succumbing to shifty-date GameSuck.

There's a "check store availabilty" link that will tell you how many units are in stock and where. Don't know how accurate it is though

It's not, it didn't list any today but i called and they had 3 copies. Now they have 1, lol got one for me and 1 for the Server while on lunch.