TOP TEN Things to ADD

Started to read this THREAD Colin and the same thing comes from most people,

THERE NOT TOO HAPPY BUT ARE APPRICIATIVE OF GRIN and UBI FOR THE WORK.

I can tell that most would like the GAME to be opened up like GR1 so mod'ers can develop like GR1 has.... probably not an option at this early stage ??

===================== :wall: =====================

IF THE DEVELOPER DOES NOT OPEN UP GR3

my adds are:

1ST . co-op IS only 4 player ---> downside IF YOU ARE A GROUP OF 4+

[CAN THIS BE INCREASED TO SAY 8?????]

2ND. is THE ORIGINAL WAS A KINDA HUNT STYLED GAME this DOMINATION is more MoH or COD kill and RESPAWN !!! ANY CHANCE OF THE OBJECTIVE TYPE GR1 STYLE GAME [ ONE SHOT DEATH OPT with TEAM DEATHMATCH & OBJECTIVE]

3RD. THE MULTIPLAYER interface, we assumed there would have the ABILITY to

ENTER DIRECT I.P. & PORT LIKE THE ORIGINAL GR1, BUT it ain't THERE.

4TH. ALL THIS BUYING GUNS ADDONS... A CS [counterstrike] knock BACK. GR1 had the option for the server to decide which weapons would be available to all from the START !!!! WOULD THIS BE POSSIBLE ?

THANKS to ALL at GRIN for a GREAT MAP and GRAPHICS, PLAYABILITY & DISTANT VIEWPOINTS......

PLEASE ADD THESE BASIC GR1 TYPE FEATURES !!!

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A way to host dedicated server sitting at a database, without having to have the disc in the drive and a vid card in the dedi required to play the game.

2. More multiplayer modes. (All weapons inclusive without having to buy.)

3. More weapons.

3a. Use of special characters for your game name so people can put on proper clan tags, I can't use *=ATU=*

4. Mod tools for our modders out there.

5. More maps. (preferably non urban and variations in size)

6. Aiming down while prone.

7. More detailed server browser.

8. Binochulars.

9. Anti Cheat?? or is GRINS A C already implemented in the game? If not move this to # 1

10. Make the chat box disappear or less intrusive to the screen.

All I can think of right now, other than these things this game is great IMO!!

11. A better way to see your SQUAD MEMBERS in MP Dom mode or any other future MP mode, besides using little itty bitty triangles which only shows who is in your current squad, a way to discern between each squad whether it is Alpha, Bravo or Charlie..... Maybe each squad member showing up on the map with beginning letter of their squad, A=Alpha, B=Bravo so on and so forth..... Right now it is to hard to keep track of where your team mates are and impossible to tell where other squads are on the map. You can't tell Charlie to flank if you don't know Charlies location by looking at the current map. Well like the original GR as far as that goes.

12. Observation mode.\

13. Kit restrictions setting server side.

1.More variety of maps. (wooded,desert)

2.Stamina and being injured should effect you more. Still to easy to aim after running long distances, and being injured does not really hurt either.

3.More refinded way of throwing nades. Right now your committed as soon as you hit the button. Would be nice if nade was released after you let go of the button.

4.In DoM mode there should be a stiffer penalty for entering the other teams spawn location.

5. When you add LMS, it would be nice to have use of Cross-Comms, not the sattelite view, but able to look through teamates helm cam. (great for sniper spotting)

I think thats about it for now. Good job so far, and looking forward to see what the future holds.

1. FIX THE BUGS. The graphics code is whacked, the bullet lag is terrible (not my ISP, I can switch games and work great), and the dynamics have a life of their own. Blown up cars convulse for minutes.

2. GET RID OF THE CS STYLE BUYING SYSTEM. It's rediculous and stupid. Let us start with a balanced and fair config of our choise and let us go. I get really ###### off playing when I go kill a dude after fighting bullet lag, have to buy my parts instead of actually playing the game, then when I die from bullet lag, I have to shop some more. It's completely stupid.

3. SIEGE, SIEGE, SIEGE. And the other MP modes of course.

4. LEANING TOGGLE. Totally non-intuitive. What is with the having to come to a stop then toggle? I know for a fact people lean/shoot while walking in real life so why not in the game?

5. For the love of god, let us observe the game we're a part of but out of the game from death limit instead of having to sit and watch a screen. Every game on the planet allows this, why would this not be in GRAW?

6. EASY WEAPON SWITCHING. Whomever thought of the sub-menu to switch weapons needs to be straight-up banished from the gaming business. Give us key binds for grenades, gl, and pistols or the mouse wheel at least.

7. More MP maps with more variety of style and size.

8. More classic guns.

9. I want to be able to fight AI death match style as my SP and not the actual SP game. For MP ppl who don't like SP but want to target practice with AI, we just want to be able to enter a map and shoot it out, no story, no Ghosts just simple target practice. Once again I feel this is Video game 101. Hopefully the patch will fix this.

10. Did I mention FIX THE BUGS?

- bring back observermode.

- bring back the stealth element in coop.

- IFF on/off in MP.

- weapon restrictions.

- a screenshot key would be nice.

- bring back LMS & SIEGE for TvsT.

- bring back coop firefight, defend & recon gametypes.

- I would like to see some of the old GR maps in Graw.

- A few non-urban maps would be nice too.

and last but not least...

- R E P L A Y S

- bring back observermode.

- bring back the stealth element in coop.

- IFF on/off in MP.

- weapon restrictions.

- a screenshot key would be nice.

- bring back LMS & SIEGE for TvsT.

- bring back coop firefight, defend & recon gametypes.

- I would like to see some of the old GR maps in Graw.

- A few non-urban maps would be nice too.

and last but not least...

- R E P L A Y S

*Cryptic

2. GET RID OF THE CS STYLE BUYING SYSTEM. It's rediculous and stupid. Let us start with a balanced and fair config of our choise and let us go. I get really ###### off playing when I go kill a dude after fighting bullet lag, have to buy my parts instead of actually playing the game, then when I die from bullet lag, I have to shop some more. It's completely stupid.

3. SIEGE, SIEGE, SIEGE. And the other MP modes of course.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

All the ABOVE and MANUAL I.P. entry !!!!

Edited by Colin

OK here's few on my wish list.

1. make weapons kill easyer. would be nice to be able to kill person with one shot eaven with MRC silenced :)

2. Wound effects i liked ones in Raven shield.

3. be able to shoot some one the chest and drop him to ground (online game) (if he dosnt die) like we are able in SP.

4. More maps for Coop and domination.

SP:

- More intelligent for the teammembers... those guys can be so dumb, dumber, dumbest when I order them without using the tacmap

- A cypher drone with IR or some other nightvision possibility

- Recon mode for team

- Coop firefight / defend

MP:

- No more CS related buying of weapons

- Get rid of GameSpy with pings that hit the sky

- Silenced sniperrifle(s)

- Weapon restrictions

- Coop firefight / defend

and... uhhh....

modtools

and of course also a lot of the things everyone before me stated in this thread.

General

Close UBI and handover all rights to GRIN for free, I think they made a great enviroment & in-game-feeling. With or without AA... ;o) Let Bo asap contract some of the best GR1/[GR] modders who really made the original game last so long and let GR:AW become a worthy successor of GR1/[GR]. That's all, thank you.

Edited by Eyho

My list:

1. More GFX settings/customizations.

2. "Ultra High" Shadow setting that renders the shadows approx. 10m further away and pushes the "Shadow Fade-In" further away. Maybe a similar setting for ground objects/car-window reflections since they fade-in pretty early as well.

3. At least two levels have very light/barely visible shadows.

4. 1 more rifle, preferable SR25, or another AR10/15 variant

5. 1 or 2 addional weapon mods (ACOG for instance)

6. EcoTech sight mountable on the other rifles, not just the MR-C

7. Animated Bipod (when going prone) for the M99-Sniper rifle

8. More SP modes

9. Extreme Difficulty mode (preferable with more rebels, instead rebels with superpowers)

10. Modtool that allows creation of new SP missions.

Thats it. I don´t play MP, so I don´t care about it. :P

Edited by agentkay

11. A better way to see your SQUAD MEMBERS in MP Dom mode or any other future MP mode, besides using little itty bitty triangles which only shows who is in your current squad, a way to discern between each squad whether it is Alpha, Bravo or Charlie..... Maybe each squad member showing up on the map with beginning letter of their squad, A=Alpha, B=Bravo so on and so forth..... Right now it is to hard to keep track of where your team mates are and impossible to tell where other squads are on the map. You can't tell Charlie to flank if you don't know Charlies location by looking at the current map. Well like the original GR as far as that goes.

12. Observation mode.\

13. Kit restrictions setting server side.

--------------------

One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak.

Advanced Tactical Unit

Edited by Maineac

1) new skins for MP (should have the choice to pick the look of your character)

and SP (after completing the game, would be nice to play again with a different

look).

2) more weapons for SP and MP that are in the US SF arsenal (several variants

of the M4, M24, SR25, M14, SR47, SPR, etc.).

3) need gunshot wounds and dismemberment from explosions (nothing overly

excessive).

4) you got everything else covered in the patch for june :thumbsup:

1.- Dedicated server

2.- Use of more common ports. People who are behind a corporate or university firewall can't connect to Gamespy server. These are the ports that my university won't enable for security reasons:

Out of the ports listed on readme file, the following are not open due to security issues:

Local Ports

UDP 15250

UDP 13139

UDP 15250

Remote Ports

TCP 6667

They network admin told me that everyone on campus plays online games and that nobody has needed these ports for that purpose anyway.

3. All Seeing Eye Support

4. More Weapons

5. More maps

6. Fixed glitches and bugs

7. Fix Framerate issues x850xt doesnt seem to be enough

8.- Fix some soundcard bugs soundblaster live 24 giving me a lot of static

9 and 10= MAIN CONCERN IS NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY ON MP DUE TO THE CRAPPY SELECTION OF PORTS GAMESPY USES :g_withgrin:

Edited by Moezter

Sorry Colin, Not in order and a few more than 10.  :ph34r:

1. More MP Gametypes (Siege,LMS,SAR,HH)

2. More Server Info- when joining a game it would be nice to see the options the server is running on. How many respawns, how much time is left, what mods are running etc..

3. More Game Options- Add more detailed graphics and sound options, give us the ability to customize the game abit more. Change colors and opacity of hud and crosshair.

4. Peaking Toggle- Add an option where we can use a toggle for peaking, like what was used in the [GR]. Hold the peakbutton to peak and when you let go of the button you automatically become standing upright again.

5. Quick Comments to a key bind- The ability to assign chat text to the numpad keys. So we dont have to manually type everything in game.

6. Binoculars- Give us some binos.

7. Clicking sound- Add a clicking sound when out of ammo.

8. ScoreBoard- Add the ability to assign a key to view the scoreboard in MP instead of only getting to see it when you die.

9. Chatbox- Option to disable the chatbox, or give us the option to decide between a chatbox or standard chat format.

10. A built in screenshot feature.

11. Kit Restriction feature- Add option to let users restrict what types of guns,grenades etc are allowed on the server.

12. More Weapons- Give us some oldschool weapons. M4,M16's, also give us the ability to use the Mexican weapons for MP.

13. More Maps- Import over some maps from GR,DS,IT

14. Mod Tools- Sandbox editor, Mission Scripting, Sound Editing tools.

15. More Coop Gametypes- Firefight,Defend,Recon.

16. A respawn timer for the Domination mode.- Domination wouldnt work well with 0 respawns. But It would be nice to at least be able to set a timer (hosts choice) for how long a player as to wait to respawn.

17. Access to engine Console- lock options that would be considered cheats for the MP and leave them unlocked for SP.

18. More detailed afteraction statistics- Show the hit %, the amount of TK's, the amount of Suicides, the amount of time spent in each Zone. Any and every statistic that you can record and display.

19. A Mod section in the game browser- So we can enable and disable certain mods\expansion packs when the time comes.

20. More options for gameplay.- Deadbody(on\off) Amount of Bullets (scalable) MaxpacketSize (scalable) MaxRate (scalable) Skip intro scenes (on\off) Position of the crosscom (topleft\topright) Hud (on\off)

21. Spectator Mode- Plus a server option to decide wether we can view team players only or everyone. So in matches we can make sure that spectators arent giving away positions over TeamSpeak.

22. Shuffle- A quiet walk, thats slower but doesnt make as much noise as normal walking. Ive noticed that alot of people in MP just camp high traffic areas and wait to hear footsteps. Being able to walk slowly and sneak up on them would be a great balance for that.

23. Option to turn down the  announcers voice in Multiplayer. The voice is loud and sometimes annoying. Id like the option to turn it down as low or high as I wanted. Maybe a seperate volume control for all voices?

24. Vsync- On\Off

25. Death Cam- Id like to have a death cam that was similiar to the Call of Duty series.

OPTIONS!!! :D

26. Kick\Ban server option- Also adding the ability to set a timer for how long to kick someone. (5mins-15mins-Permanatley ban)etc etc..

27. Block offensive\racist\sexist names- ability to type in names in a filter that you wish not to be allowed on your server.

28.Force respawn- In respawn games. Option for server hosts to force the players to respawn. Give the host the option to decide how long the person can wait before being forced to respawn back into the action.

29. Day/Night and Real time weather effects- Id like to be able to play on a map in the morning, then later in the afternoon the soon starts moving across the sky and maybe it starts to get darker..and then starts raining. Give the hosts to adjust this ability in the server control.

30. A player search in the game browser.

31.Coordinate Grids for the tac-map. Option to turn them (on\off) -Overlay mode

32. Having your own personal player name at the bottom of the hud. I like having this for Screenshots.

33. Direct IP support- Id like to have just another tab in the MP browser. The 3rd tab could be for Direct IP access.

34. After Action chat- put a chat box at the bottom of the after action statistics page.

35. Punish for TK's- Server option to punish for TKs. By automatically kicking them after the max(server specified) Tks for the amount of time that would also be set by the server. For example. 3 tks = 15min kick from server

36. Fix the Join button bug on the MP browser screen. Sometimes I have to push that thing 10 times to enter a room.

37. A status bar for the loading screens.

Sorry Colin, Not in order and a few more than 10.  :ph34r:

1. More MP Gametypes (Siege,LMS,SAR,HH)

2. More Server Info- when joining a game it would be nice to see the options the server is running on. How many respawns, how much time is left, what mods are running etc..

3. More Game Options- Add more detailed graphics and sound options, give us the ability to customize the game abit more. Change colors and opacity of hud and crosshair.

4. Peaking Toggle- Add an option where we can use a toggle for peaking, like what was used in the [GR]. Hold the peakbutton to peak and when you let go of the button you automatically become standing upright again.

5. Quick Comments to a key bind- The ability to assign chat text to the numpad keys. So we dont have to manually type everything in game.

6. Binoculars- Give us some binos.

7. Clicking sound- Add a clicking sound when out of ammo.

8. ScoreBoard- Add the ability to assign a key to view the scoreboard in MP instead of only getting to see it when you die.

9. Chatbox- Option to disable the chatbox, or give us the option to decide between a chatbox or standard chat format.

10. A built in screenshot feature.

11. Kit Restriction feature- Add option to let users restrict what types of guns,grenades etc are allowed on the server.

12. More Weapons- Give us some oldschool weapons. M4,M16's, also give us the ability to use the Mexican weapons for MP.

13. More Maps- Import over some maps from GR,DS,IT

14. Mod Tools- Sandbox editor, Mission Scripting, Sound Editing tools.

15. More Coop Gametypes- Firefight,Defend,Recon.

16. A respawn timer for the Domination mode.- Domination wouldnt work well with 0 respawns. But It would be nice to at least be able to set a timer (hosts choice) for how long a player as to wait to respawn.

17. Access to engine Console- lock options that would be considered cheats for the MP and leave them unlocked for SP.

18. More detailed afteraction statistics- Show the hit %, the amount of TK's, the amount of Suicides, the amount of time spent in each Zone. Any and every statistic that you can record and display.

19. A Mod section in the game browser- So we can enable and disable certain mods\expansion packs when the time comes.

20. More options for gameplay.- Deadbody(on\off) Amount of Bullets (scalable) MaxpacketSize (scalable) MaxRate (scalable) Skip intro scenes (on\off) Position of the crosscom (topleft\topright) Hud (on\off)

21. Spectator Mode- Plus a server option to decide wether we can view team players only or everyone. So in matches we can make sure that spectators arent giving away positions over TeamSpeak.

22. Shuffle- A quiet walk, thats slower but doesnt make as much noise as normal walking. Ive noticed that alot of people in MP just camp high traffic areas and wait to hear footsteps. Being able to walk slowly and sneak up on them would be a great balance for that.

23. Option to turn down the  announcers voice in Multiplayer. The voice is loud and sometimes annoying. Id like the option to turn it down as low or high as I wanted. Maybe a seperate volume control for all voices?

24. Vsync- On\Off

25. Death Cam- Id like to have a death cam that was similiar to the Call of Duty series.

OPTIONS!!! :D

26. Kick\Ban server option- Also adding the ability to set a timer for how long to kick someone. (5mins-15mins-Permanatley ban)etc etc..

27. Block offensive\racist\sexist names- ability to type in names in a filter that you wish not to be allowed on your server.

28.Force respawn- In respawn games. Option for server hosts to force the players to respawn. Give the host the option to decide how long the person can wait before being forced to respawn back into the action.

29. Day/Night and Real time weather effects- Id like to be able to play on a map in the morning, then later in the afternoon the soon starts moving across the sky and maybe it starts to get darker..and then starts raining. Give the hosts to adjust this ability in the server control.

30. A player search in the game browser.

31.Coordinate Grids for the tac-map. Option to turn them (on\off) -Overlay mode

32. Having your own personal player name at the bottom of the hud. I like having this for Screenshots.

33. Direct IP support- Id like to have just another tab in the MP browser. The 3rd tab could be for Direct IP access.

34. After Action chat- put a chat box at the bottom of the after action statistics page.

35. Punish for TK's- Server option to punish for TKs. By automatically kicking them after the max(server specified) Tks for the amount of time that would also be set by the server. For example. 3 tks = 15min kick from server

36. Fix the Join button bug on the MP browser screen. Sometimes I have to push that thing 10 times to enter a room.

37. A status bar for the loading screens.

VC Im sure you cant count :)

Good input all please keep it up.

1: More MP modes (DM and TDM is soarely missed at the moment, i love domination but we really need DM and TDM, and i wouldn't be sad at all to see HH, SAR, Siege ect.)

2: AC (Including replays)

3: Server tools (Dedicated, kick/ban/namefilters ect.)

4: Map tools (We'll both get all the open outdoors, small indoor ect maps we want, and GRIN will stop having to listen toeveryone whine whine whine about maps)

5: Mod tools (We all know this is what'll keep the game alive for a loong time, or at least this is part of it)

6: More SP modes (think lonewolf, firefight, hostage rescue ect.)

7: More guns, tho I'm more into getting more state of the art weaponry, I can't really imagine a super top trained elite special forces trooper using a M16A2 or the likes when you can get stuff like the HK 416, HK G36, SIG 556, also we need another sniper rifle or two, normal calibre sniper rifles that is, like the HK MSG-90, the CheyTag Intervention (which is actually designed as a light, long rage anti infantry sniper system, the Unique Alpine TPGI-1 with integrates silenced barrel and such.

Also flashbangs and smoke nades would be cool (in SP also) but I figure they'd take a lot of additional programming to make the AI react properly.

8: Kit restriction for MP

9: A key bind to the scoreboard for MP

10: Expansion packs, and loads of'em :D

Below I've listed many of what I'd consider crucial improvements needed to the game, minus items 7 & 8.

1) Add a "Shuffle" option.

Without this option there is no way to move slower than a walk which is crucial for these Urban type levels that require so much cornering. It's always been an available option in the Tom Clancy series. Where is this option in GRAW? Am I the only one sick of having to tap constantly on my walk bind one nudge at a time to clear around corners and recon.

2) Add an "Always Run" option.

Yet again, another option not carried over from earlier titles. I prefer to keep my run bind held down all the time to walk versus run. I've been playing this way since the R6 days. This is certainly an option which can be added. What I'm finding now is that I'm constantly losing my lean or zoom due to the fact I have to retrain myself to not keep my finger down on the run bind. When moving with the run bind held down you lose your peek or zoom, hence my problem.

3) Direct weapon selection via key binds.

Primary, secondary, kit 1, and kit 2 need to have their own key binds. This whole "bring up the weapon interface and scrolling with the mouse wheel" needs removed entirely. This only hampers gameplay. Having to first hit a key, then use the mouse scroll wheel to choose a weapon is bad enough. To make matters worse I move forward and backward with my mouse buttons. As a result, it's next to impossible for me to change weapons while moving. Did the game devs even consider that people may use their mouse for different things? My mouse wheel also has no texture to it at all. It's made of smooth rubber (no ridges) which makes it hard to even use as my hands sweat quite a bit while playing.

4) Add a "Peek Toggle" option.

Currently we have no choice, but to peek toggle. Please make this an option instead as with the "Zoom" function.

5) Add the ability to crouch on the run without having to backslide.

Currently we are forced to backslide when going to a crouch while running. I'd suggest making the "Lower Stance/Backslide" bind cover both functions independently. When tapping quickly on the bind you would simply crouch while on the run with no backslide. If you held down on the bind instead you would go into a backslide. If this can't be done please allow us to bind each separately, after all, we are playing with keyboards and mice, not game controllers. Having to always backslide from a standing run to a crouching run is getting extremely old. We should be able to reserve the backslide movement for the appropriate times that we need it. It's not remotely realistic to always have to use it when going from a standing run to a crouching run.

6) Increase the speed at which one can change mags after coming out of a run and vice versa.

It currently takes way too long. When coming out of a run to change mags one has to wait for the gun to show on screen first and even then there is like an extra second or two before you're allowed to change mags. The same problem comes into play trying to go back to a run after reloading. I'm constantly hitting my reload bind and having nothing happen after going from a run to a walk for instance. I'm even waiting for the gun to show on screen first, but there's still a second or two I'm forced to wait before I can reload. Same going back to a run. In fact, it takes way too long to go to guns out of a run period.

7) Remove 99% of the soda cans from these game levels.

I can't walk 10 paces without kicking them. :wall: They are strewn everywhere. It's ridiculous. Don't they recycle in Mexico!

8) Remove the "picking up mags off the ground as you walk over them" feature.

This and item number 9 belong in "Counterstrike", not GRAW.

9) Remove the buying system from multiplayer.

All weapons should be available for selection. It should be up to server admins to restrict weapon selection if they so choose.

10) Add player damage.

Having ones health indicator change is not enough to constitute player damage in my book. There should have at least been some compromise on this in relation to the [Ghost Recon] and prior Tom Clancy games. When a player gets a full mag in the face they should not get back up several more times asking for more, much less retain full mobility and reticle close time. The only thing that limits a players mobility and reticle close time in GRAW is death. This is uber to say the least and a huge departure from the prior games in the Tom Clancy series. For me it is a very unwelcome change.

Edited by Low Profile