TOP TEN Things to ADD

1) QUICKSAVES !!!!!!!!

2) ANY SAVES !!!!!! As in a save from the menu? Anything beside the stupid checkpoint system. It gets really old fighting off 3 tanks, 4 armored vehicles, rescuing one VIP, and fending off 30 or more enemies without a save or checkpoint therein.

3) Vanquish the stupid GAME OVER when teamleader dies. Instead, implement at least ONE feature of the [Ghost Recon] where you can jump into and control AI squadmates when you die (for both single player and multiplayer co-op). This could be in lieu of saves since you'd at least have 3 more chances at life without "spawning."

4) Better pathfinding - so my AI compadres don't get stuck behind fences, walls, and the like.

5) Grander, wide open space desert/wooded maps. Again, what set the original GR apart from the rest.

6) Multiple squads (alpha, bravo, charlie), again as in original GR, to go along with those grander maps.

7) Be able to set squadmates disposition from the tactical map. Such as "recon", "assault", and "Advance at all costs."

8) Binoculars

9) Fix prone shooting problem.

10) Bodily damage model (limping, slower movement, etc when you are wounded). Again, please see [Ghost Recon] for PC for reference.

Should we all really need to keep referring to the original 2001 Ghost Recon for suggestions? HELLO! It's been out there for 5 years! It wasn't "Game of the Year" for nothing!

--

BH

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok heres my list of 10 improvements, in no particular order

1)characters should be able to stay leaned-over and walk in any direction as in RL. Raven Shield did this perfectly, with one "fluid posture" key.

2)surely RL soldiers can reload or draw their weapon whilst running? and needs a more responsive control system, to do this.

3)definitley MORE types of weapons, the ability to use enemy weapons as per RL special forces.

4)also like GR you should be able to play all of the characters in your team.

5)non-linear missions as per GR.

6)more fluid body movement, have you tried crawling out of a ditch in prone position and shooting forward ? its impossible. (this is REALLY lame)

7)more multiplayer modes.

8)a button to kick players from your server.

9)something in the server list to indicate whether or not the server is passworded.

10)anti-cheat?!?

I feel with this game alot of emphasis on graphics and the new physX stuff has taken away from the actuall gameplay element, I loved GR to bits but with this I dont give a ###### if I win or lose, its just not compelling enough and everything looks kind of bland. ...shame

EDIT : just played the game again.... I'm thinking about all the posts I've read and how many people are complaining about this game ...I'm a gamer, I love my games. I've mastered pretty much every decent FPS game ever released since quake and this is the most buggy, poor handling, just generally NAFF game I've EVER played. I WANT MY 35 NOTES BACK

Edited by chris5675

Just 5 things i would like to have changed / added in a patch:

1. getting knocked down when you got hit:

At least when you get hit on helmet or upper body. And the old GR effect when getting hit in arms or legs.

This should be no problem to implement cause the animations are already there (your ai teammates and ai enemy)

Its ok without limping but some penalty for being wounded is a must! Maybe just slower or no running?

I think this is beside of more MP gametypes the MOST important thing that has to be changed! otherwise there is no GR-feeling in GRAW MP!

2. more MP gametypes:

Why not a simple "Attack - Defend" Gametype?

Maybe some added objectives: "Kill VIP - Defend VIP" or whatever ..

The fact that one team has to attack on the other has to defend gives both sides simple objectives. Domination is IMHO too coplex for public MP.

And with "attack - defend" none can complain about campers!

3. buying weapons?

remove that!

4. Animations:

In MP most players will wark and/or rund while pressing forward AND strafe key at the same time to have a better view to either the left or the right while moving forward (forw+left to view to right, forw+right to view left).

The problem is that there is no correct animation for that movement! The player model will move straight forward but the animation looks like he is moving forward-left (or right).

It would look much nicer if the player model would just turn his upper body and gun but his legs move straight (when walking), or just turn his head (when running).

5. Running:

i think the gameplay would be much better if you could not run forever!

The run speed is very fast and with all the gear and armor the ghost are wearing, the run/sprint time should be limited to 10 seconds.

There is no teamwork at all because everyone is just running around ...

ead when running!

Edited by Jonny Mopped

Top ten things I'd like to see added/subtracted:

1. More weapons for multiplayer.

Although GRIN has left it to the modding community to do this, I think there needs to be a couple of additions. I think that Mex needs its own seperate weapons from the U.S. team, for instance, Mexican team can choose from the G36 family of weapons, HK 21e, PSG-1 (the guns they have in sp).

2. More multiplayer maps.

5 maps get boring and repetitive really fast. This is probably my biggest beef at this point with the game, especially when 360 players have 12 maps or something like that, and are getting even more in the summer, while the PC has 5? Co-op or not, 360 would have triple the maps than PC. Needs to be changed to extend the life of this well done game.

3. Anti-Aliasing support.

As hard as this is to do, it is still something I'd love to see added to the game. A lot of gamers out there, myself included, rely on anti-aliasing for our LCD monitors that cannot go above a 1280x1024 resolution. It'd definitely increase the immersion in the game because the jaggies get pretty distracting.

4. More multiplayer game types.

I like domination and all, but like I mentioned with the maps, the one game type especially gets old fast. I think a search and destroy type of objective multiplayer would be neat. As with number 2, this must be done to extend the longevity of this title.

5. Modding tools.

I'm not a modder, but I remember playing mods quite a bit in [GR]. This is crucial for a game whose life revolves around modding.

6. Clean up game browser.

I've played BF2 since it came out and we had this very problem with Gamespy at first. Due to the prssure put on by the community, the browser service eventually got better. It is very bad for GRAW though, especially when there is a lack of dedicated servers.

7. Get rid of "buying" weapons.

This is a feature that I really don't like. It forces you to use the M8 "vanilla" or else you get no points. What's the fun in using one gun with no attachments in a game that has a lack of weaponry already?

8. Lose the co-op team leader.

I don't like this feature because it forces the team leader to stay out of the action or else the game is stopped entirely when he's killed. It's not a fun job either. I think it should be the next remaining teamate picks up the squad leader duties, or just get rid of the duties altogether: making it so that everyone has squad leader functions so they can accomplish tasks like calling in air strikes. If we eventually get a firefight or defend mode in co-op, not having a squad leader would be preferable.

9. Multiplayer skins/facial features.

From what I remember, this feature was able to be done since Operation Flashpoint, and is done in the 360 game. I think this is more evidence that game publishers, and some dev's care more about the console kiddies than their PC market, but that's another story. I think it'd be neat to customize your appearance, and I think the server in multiplayer could handle it once we get....

10. Dedicated Servers.

A lot of servers are unplayable and I have never gotten a ping under 80 yet. This problem needs to be (and probably will if it hasn't already) addressed.

That's my ten for right now, but there are more, I just can't put my tounge on it. Overall, it is a good game, worth the buy if and only if there is more work done to extend the longevity of GRAW. Hopefully these suggestions are helpful to GRIN to try and make this game live up to its hype and potential, we trust that you will. :)

Edited by Hacksaww

i went to host full noticed right out the back

i could not do anything to server once it was launched

this is not good

i would like to see

server control map change time change

things of that nature

please GRIN thats a KEY part of the game and room admins.

i hate to have to remake room just to edit game...

thanks

8) Remove the "picking up mags off the ground as you walk over them" feature.

This and item number 9 belong in "Counterstrike", not GRAW.

I would like to add an option to the above request. If the Ghosts can pick up ammo, then at least make it so that the player has to press the action key while looking at a gun on the ground. Running over the gun and automatically picking ammo up is also something that begins to feel arcade like.

silent_op

2. Where is the 3rd person view as seen in the trailer, video?
In the XBox360 because what you saw has been a XBox360 Trailer.

ok. fixed then. :) hehehe

7. The ability to use enemy weapon is a must!! ( i always runs out of ammo)
No real soldier (and I've been one) would ever do that, so if GRIN would add this feature to the PC version, it wouldn't be a realistic.Simply take the M8 or M8 compact with you and collect the ammo from the fallen enemies.

opp fixed too..hehe thx man...

so more weapon and more weapon modding scope, etc.

---danish

1. I physically cannot use a mouse wheel... please, please could you make wapon selection/and other commands with the option of mappable keyboard commands :( similar to the ones like in GR1. At least give us the option to remap the commands that only the scroll wheel can choose, please.

I can't even complete the single player version I cannot change to the weapon I need or call in airstrikes due to the fact that I cannot physically use a wheel.... would love to be able to play multiplayer also.

I played GR1 for many years and purchased every expansion pack... I have been waiting for the PC version of GR2, GRAW for over 2 years. The graphics are great!

2. But, I also am very bummed that you cannot switch between playing the other team members roles and have other teams available. I guess I was expecting at least a glorified version of GR1. (Jungle/wooded/Desert maps, and other wilderness maps... the sniper role is my favorite but, it is pretty much useless in urban surroundings

3. If, which I hope you do add: Previously in GR1 it was heading in that direction of being able to drive and shoot from vehicles... could you please give us the option of mapping steering, throttle, and brake to be mouse controlled.

1. First priority is to please add all the mouse wheel selections mappable with the keyboard and mouse equivalent option..

Edited by Kicker_HI

Just a few here!

1. server control! We don't like just being a long for the ride in our own server with nothing we can do about trouble makers. In game and dedi tools would be nice!

2. More Maps! I don't know about the rest of the GR commumity, but I'v just about played out the 5 that came with the game!

3. More game modes! TDM, Solo, and maybe making kit restrictions available!

4. Bring back some of the old maps! It would be AWESOME play some if not all of the maps from the original GR, Just think about them being port into the new engine and textures! Vilenous or Polling with a new breath of fresh air pumped into them!

VOIP in game. Voice communication is the need for MP now a days. Last thing I dislike is Alt-Tabbing to enable another program for example: TeamSpeak. Which could help use up system resources, and start lagging in a server, and also increase in CPU usage.

I have GRAW for XBOX, X360 and PC (the earlier two were bought to kill time b4 the PC launch) so I'll draw on these too.

X360 coop maps/modes need transferring to PC- for some quick and fun coop action. Maps are varied and interesting.

Also X360 has a different gfx mode for online play- less GPU/CPU/DDR intensive. Might have been a good idea- maybe then it would have been easier to get two sqds in coop and more AI.

Ability to use emplaced weapons and pick up dropped weapons (the argument goes that foreign weapons may be booby-trapped- but hey- if you've just shot the guy, how's he gonna do that?)

Special Purpose Rifle- you rarely need the punch of a 50cal against soft targets- a 20rnd mag makes sense.

Smoke grenades- in X360, AI either players or APCs/tanks are affected by this. (Also AI use smokes too!)

Yeah- liked the suggestion about the domination zones showing in HUD- yr little triangle isn't easy to see.

Death Match/TKOTH

Those lovely Mod tools.

10. Ability to roll.

9. Ability to peak while prone.

8. Ability to shoot lower while prone.

7. Make the walk speed a little more brisk.

6. Make the sprint speed limited by endurance.

5. Bring back the shuffle action.

4. Fix the reticules (make them match the actual bullet spread) Discussed here

3. Either make the reload "sequence" faster, or allow the Ghost's to reload while doing most things (including running!)

2. Allow the squad leader in MP to give commands as in SP.

1. Add the original weapons from GR1. ('cept perhaps the OICW w/gl)

The ability to go back to re-equip when you get 3/4's of the way through a mission and you need anti aircraft weapon or you are running out of ammo because no one else uses 7.62.

When prone, ability to roll left or right and get your reticule level.

I will think of some more later I gotta get back to the game :rofl:

More distinctive sounds and transient effects/punishment of being hit

This is examples of immediate effects & punishment we strongly would like to see from non-lethal bullet hits and grenade explosions, especially for coop and mp (NB! I’m not talking about limp here). I think these changes would make game play substantially better and GR-isch, So far nobody has objected to introduce these changes, in contrast players want them…

When standing, crouched, or prone position (no movement):

with scope:

- always loose zoom view (go back to regular view)

without scope:

- ret. always fully bloom

both views;

- ret./view is knocked off 0-45 degrees (random)

- you can not run, walk, or crawl for ~1 sec

- you randomly fall (if standing or crouched) with a probability of 1/5 or so…(All the animations should be there, see AI)

When under movement (walk, run, or crawl)

- (see suggestions above)

- you temporarily stop/slow down for ~1 sec

NB! You can still shoot! But you are punished by the ret. bloom and possible change in view, or stop or fall (the latter could save you too :) ).

IMPORTANT Addition of substantially more distinctive bullet impact sounds + moans

We want to feel, know and get punished when taking a hit!

Discussion in this thread: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34323

More distinctive sounds and transient effects/punishment of being hit

This is examples of immediate effects & punishment we strongly would like to see from non-lethal bullet hits and grenade explosions, especially for coop and mp (NB! I’m not talking about limp here). I think these changes would make game play substantially better and GR-isch, So far nobody has objected to introduce these changes, in contrast players want them…

When standing, crouched, or prone position (no movement):

with scope:

- always loose zoom view (go back to regular view)

without scope:

- ret. always fully bloom

both views;

- ret./view is knocked off 0-45 degrees (random)

- you can not run, walk, or crawl for ~1 sec

- you randomly fall (if standing or crouched) with a probability of 1/5 or so…(All the animations should be there, see AI)

When under movement (walk, run, or crawl)

- (see suggestions above)

- you temporarily stop/slow down for ~1 sec

NB! You can still shoot! But you are punished by the ret. bloom and possible change in view, or stop or fall (the latter could save you too :) ).

IMPORTANT Addition of substantially more distinctive bullet impact sounds + moans

We want to feel, know and get punished when taking a hit!

Discussion in this thread: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34323

This is great thread but do we really think were going to get anything but TDM and LMS and new maps hopefully new guns.Everything you guys are asking for would make whole new game take another year or so to make all this stuff work.If they would give us SDK like they said we could do most are self.

The only thing I can add that hasn't been said already is multi-threading!

As far as I can tell, everyone with dual cores are only utilizing about half their CPU. A dual Opteron or Xeon is running at about 25% of capacity. Game is tight though performance and obvious bugs aside.

http://www.bhch.net/~brandon/temp/Graw01.jpg

Image changed to a link

Edited by NYR_32

10. Ability to roll.

9. Ability to peak while prone.

8. Ability to shoot lower while prone.

7. Make the walk speed a little more brisk. Except this one and number 1 and this post is a winner!!!!! The in game walk speed feels the same as it does when you're shooting and aiming for real (IRL).

6. Make the sprint speed limited by endurance.

5. Bring back the shuffle action.

4. Fix the reticules (make them match the actual bullet spread) Discussed here

3. Either make the reload "sequence" faster, or allow the Ghost's to reload while doing most things (including running!)

2. Allow the squad leader in MP to give commands as in SP.

1. Add the original weapons from GR1. ('cept perhaps the OICW w/gl)

VDog' date='May 8 2006, 02:04 PM' post='370500']

VOIP in game. Voice communication is the need for MP now a days. Last thing I dislike is Alt-Tabbing to enable another program for example: TeamSpeak. Which could help use up system resources, and start lagging in a server, and also increase in CPU usage.

The last thing I want is VOIP in game (causing decrease in CPU usage and lagging) when I use TS.

Actually I am convinced, as the Devs, that most MP players got their VOIP solutions set already.

- Add After Action Stats in MP

- Add option from GR1 to chat between Waiting room and gaming players.

- Also show name when someone joins the server...

All this stuff can be copied right from GR1, as it is well tested and appreciated.

Sorry Colin, Not in order and a few more than 10.  :ph34r:

1. More MP Gametypes (Siege,LMS,SAR,HH)

2. More Server Info- when joining a game it would be nice to see the options the server is running on. How many respawns, how much time is left, what mods are running etc..

3. More Game Options- Add more detailed graphics and sound options, give us the ability to customize the game abit more. Change colors and opacity of hud and crosshair.

4. Peaking Toggle- Add an option where we can use a toggle for peaking, like what was used in the [GR]. Hold the peakbutton to peak and when you let go of the button you automatically become standing upright again.

5. Quick Comments to a key bind- The ability to assign chat text to the numpad keys. So we dont have to manually type everything in game.

6. Binoculars- Give us some binos.

7. Clicking sound- Add a clicking sound when out of ammo.

8. ScoreBoard- Add the ability to assign a key to view the scoreboard in MP instead of only getting to see it when you die.

9. Chatbox- Option to disable the chatbox, or give us the option to decide between a chatbox or standard chat format.

10. A built in screenshot feature.

11. Kit Restriction feature- Add option to let users restrict what types of guns,grenades etc are allowed on the server.

12. More Weapons- Give us some oldschool weapons. M4,M16's, also give us the ability to use the Mexican weapons for MP.

13. More Maps- Import over some maps from GR,DS,IT

14. Mod Tools- Sandbox editor, Mission Scripting, Sound Editing tools.

15. More Coop Gametypes- Firefight,Defend,Recon.

16. A respawn timer for the Domination mode.- Domination wouldnt work well with 0 respawns. But It would be nice to at least be able to set a timer (hosts choice) for how long a player as to wait to respawn.

17. Access to engine Console- lock options that would be considered cheats for the MP and leave them unlocked for SP.

18. More detailed afteraction statistics- Show the hit %, the amount of TK's, the amount of Suicides, the amount of time spent in each Zone. Any and every statistic that you can record and display.

19. A Mod section in the game browser- So we can enable and disable certain mods\expansion packs when the time comes.

20. More options for gameplay.- Deadbody(on\off) Amount of Bullets (scalable) MaxpacketSize (scalable) MaxRate (scalable) Skip intro scenes (on\off) Position of the crosscom (topleft\topright) Hud (on\off)

21. Spectator Mode- Plus a server option to decide wether we can view team players only or everyone. So in matches we can make sure that spectators arent giving away positions over TeamSpeak.

22. Shuffle- A quiet walk, thats slower but doesnt make as much noise as normal walking. Ive noticed that alot of people in MP just camp high traffic areas and wait to hear footsteps. Being able to walk slowly and sneak up on them would be a great balance for that.

23. Option to turn down the  announcers voice in Multiplayer. The voice is loud and sometimes annoying. Id like the option to turn it down as low or high as I wanted. Maybe a seperate volume control for all voices?

24. Vsync- On\Off

25. Death Cam- Id like to have a death cam that was similiar to the Call of Duty series.

OPTIONS!!! :D

26. Kick\Ban server option- Also adding the ability to set a timer for how long to kick someone. (5mins-15mins-Permanatley ban)etc etc..

27. Block offensive\racist\sexist names- ability to type in names in a filter that you wish not to be allowed on your server.

28.Force respawn- In respawn games. Option for server hosts to force the players to respawn. Give the host the option to decide how long the person can wait before being forced to respawn back into the action.

29. Day/Night and Real time weather effects- Id like to be able to play on a map in the morning, then later in the afternoon the soon starts moving across the sky and maybe it starts to get darker..and then starts raining. Give the hosts to adjust this ability in the server control.

30. A player search in the game browser.

31.Coordinate Grids for the tac-map. Option to turn them (on\off) -Overlay mode

32. Having your own personal player name at the bottom of the hud. I like having this for Screenshots.

33. Direct IP support- Id like to have just another tab in the MP browser. The 3rd tab could be for Direct IP access.

34. After Action chat- put a chat box at the bottom of the after action statistics page.

35. Punish for TK's- Server option to punish for TKs. By automatically kicking them after the max(server specified) Tks for the amount of time that would also be set by the server. For example. 3 tks = 15min kick from server

36. Fix the Join button bug on the MP browser screen. Sometimes I have to push that thing 10 times to enter a room.

37. A status bar for the loading screens.

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE PRINTED FOR GRIN TO TAKE NOTE !!!!!!

SOME GREAT IDEAS AND OPTIONS

100%

Edited by viiiper

* mod support

* control modification:

A) Customizeable Hotkeys: have NO controls which are "hard-wired". i.e. make all controls - (including mouse buttons, scroll-wheel, and axes) customizeable including hotkeys.

B) Fleixibility to NOT use Hotkeys of so desired: Include support for analog movement control as well as digital (ON/OFF) control. i.e. please include even basic support for mapping joystick X/Y axes to FLUID analog movement. This should include incremental steps like the XB360 version (i.e. creep, through walk, through regular speed/jog, run, and sprint).

* more "fluid" movement (including ability to reload DURING stance changes, etc.)

* binoculars

* areas with openable doors lik GR1

* ROE (i.e. recon mode, plus "stance ROE" and formation modes)

* peek in prone/fix prone firing

* increased control over grenades (i.e. cooking, rolling)

* I really liked the squad control in Ravenshield (i.e. mouse-roll-over and click)