Ghost Recon.net Forums

The REAL question about this PRONE bug!

Does the same thing happen on the Xbox 360? If not then its a bug but if it does, then its obviously part of the game added in for realism.

So can someone who has tryed the 360 version tell us?

To me it just sounds like a clipping thing.

Does the same thing happen on the Xbox 360? If not then its a bug but if it does, then its obviously part of the game added in for realism.

Ive actually saw our city SWAT members training and they laid down and shot under a sheet of wood, they turned their rifle about 60º to the right(/ but more) kinda cradling their rifle in their arms but not covering the ejection port, and they could look through their sights and shoot the target fine. Now if SWAT members can do this i dont see why Ghosts cant.

I say add a prone lean in if you want to shoot under cars where it wouldnt actually lean out but lower youself alittle more.

They stated that they are going to fix this ASAP..

Im sorry I dont see it as a bug you cant aim below where your gun physically cant go simple as that. To do what you want to do(aim lower) you are either sticking you gun into the ground up to the trigger(glitching/clipping) or else they would have to implement a system where you could move like GRT was suggesting

Im sorry I dont see it as a bug you cant aim below where your gun physically cant go simple as that. To do what you want to do(aim lower) you are either sticking you gun into the ground up to the trigger(glitching/clipping)

Right. You could get the barrel lower by rocking it forward on the magazine, but then your eyes would no longer be lined up with the sights. I think that even if they're going to "fix" it, it's more a metter of giving us what we're accustomed to, when in fact it was included for realism. If you want to talk about turning the weapon on its side, fine, but now we're talking about creating more character animations.

Not a bug in my eyes either. This is the way it should be.. we wanted realism .. we get it and now people complain.

I don't get it...

Yes, yes I know you can lay it somewhat on it's side to shoot but again...

If we had everything in the game you can physically do.. well the game would never come out ..

Just learn to play with it.. we all have the same limitations .. not only that I would think Snipers do not use that prone tilt shot all that often or GRIN would have had it in the game... they know proper military procedure...

Just my insight however..

Irish Stout

Not a bug in my eyes either. This is the way it should be.. we wanted realism .. we get it and now people complain.

I don't get it...

Yes, yes I know you can lay it somewhat on it's side to shoot but again...

If we had everything in the game you can physically do.. well the game would never come out ..

Just learn to play with it.. we all have the same limitations .. not only that I would think Snipers do not use that prone tilt shot all that often or GRIN would have had it in the game... they know proper military procedure...

Just my insight however..

Irish Stout

:thumbsup:

Roger that. This ain't BF2, this is Ghost Recon. This is realism.

Well yes outside of adding a lean while prone character animation(which as Stout said wouldnt work with the sniper or perhaps even the support gunner) I think its fine as it is for the sake of realism anyway. I wouldnt mind if there was a lean while prone function as it would help with using corners while prone, but again I would only want it available to the Assaulters

I have to disagree with you all :) This is not an attempt at realism, it's there for an entirely different reason that will come out in the wash.

To me it is unrealistic to suggest that a marksman lying on the ground cannot aim at the feet of someone standing a good 70-100 metres away.

Obviously there are two opposing view points here, all I can do is summerise that for me it is annoying, unrealistic and above all frustrating.

This is definitely a bug and not by design. As seen in the screenshot below, that's the lowest I was able to aim while prone the other day from that position.

http://home.comcast.net/~darrfugitt/GRAW/g...tricted_aim.jpg

From what I've found the amount of vertical restriction to ones aim can vary each time going prone. Sometimes it's even worse than what's shown in the screenshot, while other times I can aim level with the ground in the same spot. It's hit or miss.

Edited by Low Profile
This is definitely a bug and not by design.  As seen in the screenshot below, that's the lowest I was able to aim while prone the other day from that position.

http://home.comcast.net/~darrfugitt/GRAW/g...tricted_aim.jpg

From what I've found the amount of vertical restriction to ones aim can vary each time going prone.  Sometimes it's even worse than what's shown in the screenshot, while other times I can aim level with the ground in the same spot.  It's hit or miss.

Thanks for the screeny LP (and great to see you back), it perfectly illustrates the issue.

I have had a very low aim only once in the demo, kind of how you would expect. It seemed to happen going prone over cobbled pavement texture areas, I though it might have to do with slight bow/curvature in the pavement, IE the more your in a dip of that curve = lower aim ability = realism rather than a bug.

I could not replicate though which is a shame, but it did happen and I was suprised when it did to be honest.

I think a small twist of realism wouldnt hurt in this area, because when your diving to the floor with enemy near you it cn be a pain.

Sorry to keep this Prone thing alive but I was in the Demo last night (I picked up the FULL game at lunch today....BestBuy FTW!) and I noticed something odd with the prone bug.

I was on the SAW and I dropped prone and the Crosshairs in normal and super Xray vision zoom mode were level with the far horizon....i.e. I could shoot them in the feet if I wanted. But if I looked up with the sight.....when I came back down to level....bang!....I hit the artificial plane thing and now I'm aiming over their heads.

This is a bug, not a design feature. And for those that are saying "you cant shoot that low when prone yada...yada...." Last weekend I took my AR out and put a 30 rd mag in it and was able to shoot into the ground at a wood stake 10 yards away from a tactical prone position......any closer and yes the gun would post on the mag but I could do it easy at 10 yards. I'd say is is a minor bug at most, easy to fix.

It's even easier to notice when you're not scoped. It felt like my back was arched up like some weird ragdoll effect. I couldn't aim anywhere near level.

I just wonder how this one got through QC.

Sorry to keep this Prone thing alive but I was in the Demo last night (I picked up the FULL game at lunch today....BestBuy FTW!) and I noticed something odd with the prone bug.

I was on the SAW and I dropped prone and the Crosshairs in normal and super Xray vision zoom mode were level with the far horizon....i.e. I could shoot them in the feet if I wanted.  But if I looked up with the sight.....when I came back down to level....bang!....I hit the artificial plane thing and now I'm aiming over their heads.

This is a bug, not a design feature.  And for those that are saying "you cant shoot that low when prone yada...yada...."  Last weekend I took my AR out and put a 30 rd mag in it and was able to shoot into the ground at a wood stake 10 yards away from a tactical prone position......any closer and yes the gun would post on the mag but I could do it easy at 10 yards.  I'd say is is a minor bug at most, easy to fix.

I agree, I've shot the C7, canadian equivalent of the american M16, at both 100m and 200m, and I was able to shot well below my target. Why? Because you are NOT supposed to rest the magazine on the ground! That's called laziness. If you hold it properly you could angle your rifle using your arm as a pivot point, like a see-saw. So having experience with shooting rifles, I believe the developpers made a mistake in this aspect of the game.