GR:AW Will Be $19.95 in three months

I feel that GRAW overall will just be a slow-burner, once we get over the GR1 side of things. GRAW will wipe the slate clean to a point and then you can settle into it more.

Ive had my complaints (rambles and questions about graphics mainly) here and now ive "played" the demo I can see why things have been done a certain way, it makes you play different, think different to how you did with GR1. The thing for me that sits realy well is I dont feel the tactical side has been lost at all. I still want to make different aproaches and use tac-map just like GR1 and this was just the demo.

Once I completely forgot about everything in the past and just looked at this demo for what it is ... its good for tactical play and doesnt make me want to bin it, and certainly not bin it yet. Lets face it people are still awaiting the game to arrive on the doorstep! Also GRIN arent back yet to look at things we and other sites have posted, and nothing so far with GRIN feedback tells me to ditch it as a lost cause as such an early stage.

Most people if not all who have not liked it were purely basing things on a pre-concieved idea from GR1, I now realise that if you do that your missing the point of GRAW .. and Im a massive GR1 nut, separate the two ignore its name if you have to and then re-learn how this works

Its a slow burner to me because I noticed how I reacted when I ran the demo for an hour or so .... " :unsure: " & " :( " .... then I played it properly with all the tactical tools it has, re mapped the keys GR1 style as I liked them, worked out what was a strong thing to do in terms of tac map option or quick command, see what was crappy and what didnt work. Then after that I went through the demo like .... " :) " " :D ".

Whats left are bugs and things to tidy up that we have voiced about and GRIN to look at them and add whatever thay are going to, so im sitting tight to ride it out.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The community has waited so long for a remake or something close to the [Ghost Recon]. My clan was so looking forward to this game and so disapointed now. I have read threads where people really think this is Ghost Recon. This game will be $19.95 in three months. UBI has cut the market down to high end computer owners only. They did the same thing with Lock-On. Guys the feel is'nt there. The cold building up in your back as you approached the castle at night or the fire fights in Cuba, The cold in Moscow, the heat in North Africa. This is not Ghost Recon, its HALO in Mexico City. Sorry that I feel this way. I have played the demo over and over again and so have my clan mates and we just do not get the feel.

I know I will get flamed for this post, but there it is.       

SGT. HACK

I totally agree. *sigh*

But I guess this is what we have to settle for and to make the best of it. :(

For ol times sake I'm going to buy it. I promised I would so I'm going to buy it. It does not have the legs to last but I will try to have fun with it for as long as possible.

The truth is, GRAW is GR evolved. not in ways everyone likes, but hardware has changed, tactics have changed, i guess the demo closed or opened according to ones view, how many people will move on to continue GRAW.

this reminds me of people who used to go to dance clubs. like some say, they get tired of the same old scene and stop going. I think the real issue is some people have changed. they might not realize it but they have changed.

GRAW will live on for those who love and die by those who don't. the demo sorta made this happen. :g_withgrin:

A totally new game with some modern featues.....yes.

GR evolved?........no.

I don't need the full copy to know that the game "plays" better than any fps I've ever played.  What I need the full copy for is maps, and what we all need modding tools for is the game's life support.

so you mean that in demo when there is no Peak-mode and jumping you say sucks, while full retail have then right? :rofl:

I have not experienced "no Peak-mode" in the demo. What are you talking about? Are you talking about not being able to raise your weapon and peek because you're too close to a wall to raise a weapon in front of you? If that's what you're referencing, that's realistic, and that's a problem with every past fps that has allowed it, not with this game that doesn't.

and jumping you say sucks

You can't jump in this game. I like that you can't jump in this game. Are you talking to the right person? I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

Good to c ya Ravenmouth .

by the way SGT. HACK when UBI decides to release the sdk to mod this game we will see , meanwhile we just wait until this game gets to $20.00 don,t worry mate it will happen pretty soon. :rofl:

Cheers

Edited by Cuchillo*

Good to c ya Ravenmouth .

by the way SGT. HACK when UBI decides to release the sdk to mod this game we will see , meanwhile we just wait until this game gets to $20.00 don,t worry mate it will happen pretty soon.   :rofl:

Cheers

Why do you still post anything about GR:AW Cuchillo? Did you not already express your point of view about how the game sucked and that you were not going to buy it?? So why keep posting negatives? This is the GR:AW PC forums, since you are not going to be buying it, and expressed your dissatisfaction,then IMO I see no need for you to post anymore here, now move along elsewhere troll. :yawn:

LAMO cutter u make me laugh !!!

pls. keep on track of the post and keep ur personal opinons about me to urself ok buddie , LOL

if u cannot handle the truth about this product or read another persons post and learn to respect opinions don't ofend pls. there's the right of free speech in this forums and expressions , Im not ofending no one and u are ofending me ok , so pls. you move along of my way buddie.

get that straight and dont make this personal LOL , enjoy the forums and maybe you will learn somthing here the "support" ticket in your name don,t give you the right to Offend ppl. got it buddie.

enjoy the product .

and SGT. Hack for sure when UBI decides on his time to release that mod. tool things will change for this product , meanwhile the history don;t lie , no SDK the game will not b' replayable , doesn't matter how many maps or MP G.T's they release the comm. needs to mod. and we know that ,well some guys don't LMAO. but anyhow express your opinions SGT. HACK. because this feedback it will help to make this product more fun .

Cheers

Edited by Cuchillo*

GR evolved yes. GR1 maps are WAY too small. but everyone knows every spot. they know when to nade spam and where. GRAW has alot or places to sneek and peek.

I don't think GRAW will drop in price in 3 months. June, being next month will usher in a new update for GRAW which fixes and the like will be addressed.

but since those of you don't like GRAW, you can go play BF2. BF2 sucks in my book. too many bunny hopping run n gun kids who'll give you a real challenge :thumbsup:

Guys, if you will read my first thread, I never said I didnt like the game. I said for "ME" and my clan it didnt have the Recon feel, with the demo. If GRIN does nothing the game will be $19.95 in 3 months. For me its just another FPS. This is not a gift from heaven its just a game, and everybody has their point of view. For what it is, it beats Lockdown.

HACK :sheep::g_withgrin:

Ok, I will tell you why its just another FPS. 1. How did the snipers get on the buildings? Tell me how to get the high ground. In the full version maybe you can climb up on top of a building. I looked for 2 days, no way up. 2. tried to use a 50cal. forget it. 3. Tried to drive an armoured car. forget it. Now I know its just a demo, If someone will come forward with details of the full version, that you can do all of these things GRIN said you could, then I will shut up. 4. The pros: Good fire fights, enemy AI is great. Sniper rifle, not in a fire fight unless on the high ground. love the recoil of the weapons. Ok let me have it. :o=

Edited by SGT. HACK

I'm with Papa6 and Logos on this one. This game feels like a better version of GR1 to me - different in some ways, but better. The squad control and tactical possibilites are much better than in GR1, imho. I haven't been this excited about a game since... well since I tried the GR1 demo.

Just about everyone I've personally spoken to loves GRAW, including a lot of people I practically had to threaten into trying the demo.

:g_withgrin:

Edited by Trident-za

Its discussions like this that make things happen. I am glad that alot of the community likes or loves the game. But, if the responce is all positive, nothing

gets done. Thanks to all who responded to my thread.

"If you run, youll only die tired"

HACK :thumbsup:

so you mean that in demo when there is no Peak-mode and jumping you say sucks, while full retail have then right?  :rofl:

Yes.....that's exactly what I meant........... yet again, perception levels are through the roof here at GR.net.......................... :dunce:

Guys, if you will read my first thread, I never said I didnt like the game. I said for "ME" and my clan it didnt have the Recon feel, with the demo. If GRIN does nothing the game will be $19.95 in 3 months. For me its just another FPS. This is not a gift from heaven its just a game, and everybody has their point of view. For what it is, it beats Lockdown.

Didn't feel like GR to me either as I played the GR demo till it just about wore my PC out. :P GRAW demo has only been played about 3x but I sure as heck wish it would have been addictive like GR was. Must be the lack of soldier switching that reminds me to much of all those other FPS's and that's not a good thing. Still GRAW stands way above a lot of other stuff that has been released the last couple of years and I'll grab a copy sooner or later. That $19.95 price tag sure would convince me! :D

• 1 month later...

High end computers? lmao a 7600 runs it fine.

Personally I think its great. Its not the same as GR, but that doesnt mean it sucks.

hehe 6600gt here and its running fine for me...

What screen rez are you using and what settings do you use for the game effects??

Considering the price of R6 Lockdown, I think GR:AW won't drop below $30-$40 for at least 6 months, if not longer.

I just paid $18.83CAD for Lockdown, three weeks ago.

You got lucky I suppose. Here's what I found:

$42.50 - Newegg

$24.99 - Circuit City

$29.99 - Best Buy

$29.99 - EBgames

Too bad I didn't wait, could have saved myself over $20 :wall:

Is that around $17 US then? I can't remember the exchange rate now.

Edited by Nutlink

Considering the price of R6 Lockdown, I think GR:AW won't drop below $30-$40 for at least 6 months, if not longer.

I just paid $18.83CAD for Lockdown, three weeks ago.

You got lucky I suppose. Here's what I found:

$42.50 - Newegg

$24.99 - Circuit City

$29.99 - Best Buy

$29.99 - EBgames

Too bad I didn't wait, could have saved myself over $20 :wall:

Is that around $17 US then? I can't remember the exchange rate now.

You people have got it good as far as prices go, i've just paid $90 for it here in Australia