Turning the "texture managed" options to TRUE. . .

I'm running the game at 1280x960 right now (at 85hz) and I after I set all of the "texture managed" options to TRUE (something that has been discussed here, or another forum board) it helped a good bit, as some of you may know. Now, I have 2gb of RAM, so I read that this isn't a good option if you have 1gb or less.

My average FPS is probably around 45 now, w/ no dynamic lights and no shadows, 8xAF, and high textures on everything. Things are lookin' pretty good right now, much better than the 20-30fps average from before! :grin1:

I'm running the game at 1280x960 right now (at 85hz) and I after I set all of the "texture managed" options to TRUE (something that has been discussed here, or another forum board) it helped a good bit, as some of you may know.  Now, I have 2gb of RAM, so I read that this isn't a good option if you have 1gb or less.

My average FPS is probably around 45 now, w/ no dynamic lights and no shadows, 8xAF, and high textures on everything.  Things are lookin' pretty good right now, much better than the 20-30fps average from before!  :grin1:

Yeah, I did the same. I haven't measured framerates, so I can't say with numbers, but my framerates were smooth at 800x600, and after turning all the texture_managed option to "true" my framerates are still smooth at 1024x768. Far from scientific, I know. Maybe I'll get some actual numbers later.