Do u think respawns in multiplayer.....

Do you think the host should be able to set # of respawns in multiplayer??

Yes =  I hate being forced to play "hardcore" all the time.

No  = I love the fact that if I die, I may have to wait 20 min before I can play again.

Of course the host should be able to set how many respawns he wants. Its his server and the settings should be as flexible as possible. Thats how it was in the original why change it now?

20 minutes? what the  ell are you smokin'?

If you are playing with good players, they will be moving slowly. I have seen maps take 1 hour to finish all the way. If you happen to get killed off quickly, you end up watching the game on cross comms or alting out and searching forums...wow, thats fun

Please excuse my ignorance... but is there no option to set respawns in multiplayer in the full game?  :huh:

Nope sorry to say.

what are you talking about? are you sure..I've seen dozens of screens that have the options of "Resapawn: 0,1,3,5"

You mean in COOP?

Pleaes excuse MY ignorance if it was a last minute change.

Thank god theirs no respawns.  Respawns (among other things) is what killed Lockdown. It turns a tactical game into a nub fest.

The cool thing about the host being able to choose respawns or not is: You don't have to join that game. But to force a non-option is lame IMO. Some times I want to play tactical and sometimes I want to run 'n gun (in coop mode of course).

I just want the host of a coop game be able to decide what kind of game HE/SHE wants to host.

people think it loses its value if you can respawn, but think about it. if you die and your team needed you, and now they have to wait a full 30 seconds (and man do you learn how ong 30 seconds is...)

+Your team is out numbered

+You don't nessicarly spawn on your sqaud leader (cost credits)

+the team now has the advantage on capturing the zone

+Fire fights in this game will disingage in less that 2 or three minutes in my opinion, havn't been ingame yet on Domination so I cannot say =)

I love respawning in a game like Domination. If it's deathmatch..I say no respawns.

But Domination...it's just more fun with respawning. The action is more intense, your lives DO matter. If your team dies, the other team grabs the flag and then you guys have to take it back and try to push the enemy back farther. It's just way more intense.

people think it loses its value if you can respawn, but think about it. if you die and your team needed you, and now they have to wait a full 30 seconds (and man do you learn how ong 30 seconds is...)

+Your team is out numbered

+You don't nessicarly spawn on your sqaud leader (cost credits)

+the team now has the advantage on capturing the zone

+Fire fights in this game will disingage in less that 2 or three minutes in my opinion, havn't been ingame yet on Domination so I cannot say =)

you have it right.

In BF2 the firefights are WAY more intense than anything in counter-strike. There's more going on and the firefights can last up to a half hour if both teams are good. :)