Has anyone tried this Audigy performance tweak?

It's explained here by a forum poster who seems to know what he's talking about and here is the small utility required from Creative Labs (Audigy manufacturer). Performance (i.e. fps) gains are claimed for this tweak, in other words it's a performance optimization not a sound enhancement.

I haven't had the time to try it in the demo. Has anyone tried it in either the demo or the full game?

this has been brought up a couple of times. afaik noone has had much luck improving thei fps, most definately not the 20 fps claimed by the guy who brought that thread up. :(

Edited by Panic

What's up Bahger (it's Charismatic from PT/CT) I have done this tweak and have noticed the difference but it is somewhat slight. That said, there are a lot of tweaks for both the software and obviously the PC that can all add up and really start to make a huge difference.

What's up Bahger (it's Charismatic from PT/CT) I have done this tweak and have noticed the difference but it is somewhat slight. That said, there are a lot of tweaks for both the software and obviously the PC that can all add up and really start to make a huge difference.

Charis, good to see you, man! Are you still playing S vs M MP in SPLINTER CELL? I still maintain it's the most innovative and well executed MP concept in the short history of online gaming but I wasn't good enough at it...

Thanks for the advice. I was curious about this tweak but luckily the GRAW demo runs very well on my mid-range PC and I just got the game today and haven't installed it yet.

I think GRAW is superb. What do you think? Would you be up for a little co-op? It would be a blast, especially if one of us could access a Teamspeak or Ventrilo server.

Thanks for the heads-up.