360 vs PC

Look at this 360 screen, the gun looks black, the game looks so good, when I top my settings out on PC mine looks nothing like this.

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/646351l2.jpg

Also I read a few forums saying that the PC version cant do real video in your Cross Com, I read that it woule cause fps loss and what not. I just downloaded Swat4 from Direct2Drive.com, and was playing with about 8 friends on TacticalGamer.com and I notice they have a head cam system just like Ghost Recon 3, I can switch to any one of my team members head cam, and it causes no fps drop, or any kinda of drop in the performance. Swat 4 is almost a year old now, but they have this cam system working good. Is it the PC engine on ghost recon that will not allow this.

In the cam system on the swat 4 you do not see the weapon of the guys cam, so mayb this is how they do they make the cam system work with no fps drop. But I would rather have real video with no weapon, then 3d lay out. I dont know about when you guys play but it seems to be always looking at the ground, so I just see a blue screen with a grey line or green diamond once in a while.

I can see why the did this for the slower PCs, but at least give us an option.

Here is a example picture of swat 4 camera system, I could not find a real multiplayer camera, but here is the single player sniper view, in multi player you do not see cross hair, just what the player sees minus the first person weapon. Also that camera looks bigger then the one in multi, I played with my camera on my fire team member the whole time playing yesterday. So it does not cut off so much of your view

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/articl..._1112087415.jpg

Edited by talkinBEERmug

I have not played the 360 version, but I think you can go to first person in that game, and I know this is not a shot from the PC cus the crosshair is huge, like the crosshair in 360. So if its not 360 on first person, and its not pc, then it is a 3d rendered ad?

Here is where I got the Pictures, it is the pc page, but the pics are from the 360.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646351

Edited by talkinBEERmug

I have not played the 360 version, but I think you can go to first person in that game, and I know this is not a shot from the PC cus the crosshair is huge, like the crosshair in 360.  So if its not 360 on first person, and its not pc, then it is a 3d rendered ad?

Neither. The quality on that first shot is pretty bad. Guaranteed that's the original Xbox version, not the 360.

Maxed PC version looks MUCH better than that.

That is from the 360, I remember watching the e3 demo for 360 ghost recon 3 trailer on G4 TV. I dont think that is the origanl xbox.

Full settings on demo the gun still looks light gray, and has a yellow fog. I think the pitures on that ebgames page look better then that demo on full every thing in high rez.

Beermug, a few things first:

a) That first shot is from one of the many convention demos that were shown. That shot is definately not taken from the 360 game (which I do own, but which you can also see for yourself by going to most reviews or our 360 forum).

b) you can go first person in the 360 version. It's old school GR first person though, ret only, no first person weapon view.

c) It was claimed that only the 360 had the horsepower to provide a live window in window effect for the CrossCom. This is more or less TRUE...among the consoles. PC games have been doing this for years though (and maybe, depending on your interpretation of how window in window is run, it might be a different "thing" they're doing, but the effect to the end use is the same).

The other thing to note is, it's likely that 360 has it built in hardware/drivers some basic command calls for rendering a camerview picture-in-picture style (similar to how later CPUs have built in instructions for basic command calls used for media). Basically providing a common function for all game developers to exploit, instead of requiring each to write their own code. If you play another 360 game, like Perfect Dark Zero, it also makes heavy use of a similar windowed camera view...though in differenc circumstances.

Anyway, trust me, that first shot is not from the 360 version

Ya I went gamespot.com and looked at the pictures from each version, they are all in the right sections, unlike ebgames.com. But I looked at the xbox pictures and they do have camera window in window, and you just said that 360 was the only one with window in window. Im just saying PC has the ability to be the most powerfull system so it should look the best, and should have the option to have window in window.

Beermug, a few things first:

a) That first shot is from one of the many convention demos that were shown. That shot is definately not taken from the 360 game (which I do own, but which you can also see for yourself by going to most reviews or our 360 forum).

b) you can go first person in the 360 version. It's old school GR first person though, ret only, no first person weapon view.

c) It was claimed that only the 360 had the horsepower to provide a live window in window effect for the CrossCom. This is more or less TRUE...among the consoles. PC games have been doing this for years though (and maybe, depending on your interpretation of how window in window is run, it might be a different "thing" they're doing, but the effect to the end use is the same).

The other thing to note is, it's likely that 360 has it built in hardware/drivers some basic command calls for rendering a camerview picture-in-picture style (similar to how later CPUs have built in instructions for basic command calls used for media). Basically providing a common function for all game developers to exploit, instead of requiring each to write their own code. If you play another 360 game, like Perfect Dark Zero, it also makes heavy use of a similar windowed camera view...though in differenc circumstances.

Anyway, trust me, that first shot is not from the 360 version

First shot is cinematic trailer from E3...not a gameplay

That doesn't validate your comment about 3rd person... both 1st and 3rd are available in 360 version. And the 360 version does look good - with distance focus in the single-player mode, but none in the MP mode. The graphics in the MP mode look very similar to PC demo, just a bit 'softer' thanks to AA - but not nearly as crisp as far distances. Sniping on the PC Demo is much better IMO.

Can't wait for full version (got my fedex tracking #... it's on a truck 2 hours away!)

That doesn't validate your comment about 3rd person... both 1st and 3rd are available in 360 version. And the 360 version does look good - with distance focus in the single-player mode, but none in the MP mode. The graphics in the MP mode look very similar to PC demo, just a bit 'softer' thanks to AA - but not nearly as crisp as far distances. Sniping on the PC Demo is much better IMO.

Can't wait for full version (got my fedex tracking #... it's on a truck 2 hours away!)

I think X360 version have only 1st person view when u aiming, and its without gun....its like in GR1 i think :)

Edited by .:GoRaNStEin:.

I think X360 version have only 1st person view when u aiming, and its without gun....its like in GR1 i think :)

NO... where are you guys getting this? I HAVE the 360 version and played in both OTS (over the shoulder - aka 3rd person) view and 1st person (aka -GR1 mode).

If you don't know why do you say things like this? Misinformation is worse than no information.

Edited by tangovictor

as for the video in the cross com thing..

swat4 uses the unreal engine and it's graphics are severely outdated. comparing swat4's ability to show a realtime cam from your teammate's view to GR:AW is like apples and oranges.

i too would have prefered live video and i don't know if it was a technical limitation or what, but it's a minor problem.

Why are you complaining about hte gray Xm8? The most common M8's are gray, I've seen some darker ones plus the desert ones but usually they're gray.

With that said, I'd like to see a modder darken it a bit.

xm820kitlg1nc.jpg

Guys I know it loos good, mayb im just not seeing the AA, when I look at the 360 pics it just looks better to me for some reason. Im picking up the game today, also seen some screen shots with the real video cross com that came from the pc so I think that ###### is gone now.