Gamespy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thnk after the UNBLOCK , you can just go back to the program you were in and continue ...

From what i've read , you can use The All Seeing Eye to play GRAW MP .

for anyone who wants to use LAN over the internet , i have a hamachi server setup ...

servername : KronGR , pass : graw

I have been a Ghost Recon junkie ever since it's been around. Online coop with several of my friends has sustained me thru a number of NE PA winters. I eagerly downloaded the GRAW demo when it was available, and tried to get it working in coop with my buds, but it was marginal at best. Then, blinded by loyality and faith, I downloaded the digital full version of GRAW yesterday from Fileplanet. Now it seems that I cannot get the multiplayer option to work at all. The game wants me to login to Gamespy (I already have an account), but no matter what I type in for a username, it rejects it when an error message that the name must be no less than 3 and no more than 20 characters. I can jump out to Gamespy's website and login with no problem, but GRAW refuses to acknowledge any username.

I really am trying to embrace this game, but, as we say in the corporate environment, there have been many 'challenges'. Can anyone shed a little light on this multiplayer issue?

Thanking all

DD

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting

Edited by Pave Low

I have been a Ghost Recon junkie ever since it's been around. Online coop with several of my friends has sustained me thru a number of NE PA winters. I eagerly downloaded the GRAW demo when it was available, and tried to get it working in coop with my buds, but it was marginal at best. Then, blinded by loyality and faith, I downloaded the digital full version of GRAW yesterday from Fileplanet. Now it seems that I cannot get the multiplayer option to work at all. The game wants me to login to Gamespy (I already have an account), but no matter what I type in for a username, it rejects it when an error message that the name must be no less than 3 and no more than 20 characters. I can jump out to Gamespy's website and login with no problem, but GRAW refuses to acknowledge any username.

I really am trying to embrace this game, but, as we say in the corporate environment, there have been many 'challenges'. Can anyone shed a little light on this multiplayer issue?

Thanking all

DD

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting

Try making a new account then, not the first time i heard old WORKING accounts don't seem to work

Now I got the full version...and the online part requires an account for gamespy to play but I created one and it worked fine..then I have to check one of 2 boxes that says "Yes I want ubisoft get my private information etc" so I checked that box and accepted....so then I was gonna log in with the account I created but it doesn't work...it says that the username or password is invalid...what do I do???!?!? :sheep:

Well I sent GameSpy an open ticket regarding problems with the servers there and the lack of info regarding them. I also stated that I was having some connection issues like being dropped from servers ( bout 50 times in 4 hours ) and the fact that I was getting gamespy errors when trying to connect. This is my response from them....

HI again

Please contact the game maker for more help with your issue.

GameSpy provided the in game technology for your game, but you need to contact

The game maker for support with it.

We sell coding to different game makers to allow them to easily integrate

Multiplayer into their games. Our logo in the game is nothing but a

Brand/trademark.

You can find more information on our in game technologies by visiting

http://www.gamespy.net

You should be able to find more information on how to contact the game makers

For support from the information provided to you in your game manual.

OK... so they pretty much dont want anything to do with it? GAYSPY is a better name for them... This is pretty much stupid. I hope that a GRAW staff member reads this and I hope he is on the phone with gayspy and demanding some heads!

I understand the need to release but no support from the company that IS SUPPOSED to help intergrate MP? OMG!

:angry:

I cant login into gamespy through the game.

Says password is incorrect(but I can log into game spy)

Wont allow me to create a new account....Says I need to confirm my password. (which I have tried several times.)

****EDIT****

Also Game sspy does not detect GRAW as an Installed game.

I am having the same problems, it is telling me that my password is invaled and must not contain more than 30 characters EVEN WHEN I LEAVE IT BLANK !! :angry:

I was equally annoyed at this - several times... try hitting enter after you enter your password rather than just click OK... it seems to help solve this.

I don't think you are able to use regular GameSpy accounts...at least mine would not work. I created a new one, but with a common nickname, and while it let me create it, it still didn't work. So I created yet a another one, with a nickname I knew for sure wouldn't already be in the system, and it worked like a charm.

I think you MUST CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT and if it doesn't work, it is most likely because the name is already used, even though it doesn't say that. Why they did it this way, I have no clue…may just be a bug. Also, you will probably have to contact UBI for any kind of technical support…I know that sucks.

http://www.ubi.com/us/support/default.aspx

That Doesn't Solve The Firewall Issue. I Have Tried Everything.

Blocking, Unblocking Th Game, Opening And Closing Ports On Readme File. Shut Down Firewall And Antivirus. Nothing Nothing

What Else Am I Supposed To Do???????

[Edited as your caps lock key seems to be stuck on]

Edited by Pave Low