Gamespy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gamespy part of GRAW is the poorest piece of a game i've ever seen. Almost nothing about it works as it should considering the inwritten rules of software design. I cant login with my account named Jorrit, because the account doesn't exist. I cannot create an account named Jorrit because it already exists. When you try to reposition the cursor to the password field after you've entered the username box it already submits the dialog, you have to use tab. When you check or unckeck the save password option the password field clears.

When I have more time I will analyse the traffic between GS and GRAW. With BF2 I've seen that the password is stored encrypted but transmitted as clear text.

The password hash in the GRAW XML is exactly twice as long as my password, is it the same with you?

why is it that ubisoft will perform an intrusive scan of my pc to verify purchase/install ? i can do it just fine from where i sit , and if i steal any Intellectual Property , it was mine to start with ...

i for one am not going to start the Ubi boycott again , only to read the countless posts from people who secretly bought and smuggled the ubi game into their rooms and wont tell their friends bout thier dirty little secret .

However , if they want to verify the install , dont you think the presence of the game files and me running them would hint about it being installed ?

and if they want to verify my purchase , would you also not be under the impression that CD Key Verification by the server , which is probably stored in an ncrypted file in my game's directory or executable , or even registry ( and i aint even goin into the whole " registry check " issue ) , would do the trick ?

so in conclusion , i aint usin it . ill use ASE or a VPN to play it .

Try to make a new account mate, seems to work. More and more people finally get their accounts working.

Make sure you hit <ENTER> after filling in your username and password, password again and emailadress. Select your country and press Create (or whatever it says).

Now you have to [X] 2 boxes (EU ONLY i believe) and then... then.. it should work. Try to take a username that's 100% not taken btw :)

Try to make a new account mate, seems to work. More and more people finally get their accounts working.

Make sure you hit <ENTER> after filling in your username and password, password again and emailadress. Select your country and press Create (or whatever it says).

Now you have to [X] 2 boxes (EU ONLY i believe) and then... then.. it should work. Try to take a username that's 100% not taken btw :)

Hi Ben, so are there any servers once you get in?

seem to be less then 100 people playin online, I guess its the lack of MP games and maps

nice but its the lack of Dedicated Servers. The common gamer cannot host a half-way decent server because they lack the knowlegde to setup their router to allow people to join, AND they just don't have the internet connection AND PC to host a server.

People are use to Joining servers, not making one and waiting.

seem to be less then 100 people playin online, I guess its the lack of MP games and maps

Not to mention the lack of peolple who are actually able to get the game yet. Very few retailers have it yet here in the U.S. Even though it is release day. :nono:

Also, several people still don't seem to be able to login to gamespy.

Yeah, I can't login to gamespy. My nick and pw is right, but it says everything is invalid because it can't be more than 30 characters.

I guess we have to wait.

Keep trying m8 - try a different username

Found this in the read me file, maybe of help to people having problems

2.3. Playing on Gamespy

To play on game, open the Multiplayer page in the game main menu, and click the Internet tab. Click the Gamespy nickname field down below, and click the Create Account button. Type in the information for the account (nickname and password must have a minimal length of 3 characters) and click the OK button (you can click the Auto login button to automatically join Gamespy any time you enter the Internet page. European Union users will have to validate the 2 buttons in the next panel to proceed with their account creation.

The login is only accepted if you are the only owner of package CD-Key logged at this time.

Once you are logged in, you can update the list of servers available on the Internet and pick one of your choosing.

You may experience difficulty connecting to Gamespy if a firewall or anti-virus blocks the following ports:

Local Ports

UDP  15250  

UDP 13139

UDP 15250

Remote Ports

UDP 15250

TCP 80

TCP 6667

UDP 13139

UDP 27900

UDP 27901

TCP 28910

TCP 29900

TCP 29901

UDP 29910

TCP 29920

Edited by SRS_Undertaker

is there a special way to open the remote ones? I keep getting this:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/23/gamespygraw7pk.jpg

Depends if your Firewall and/or Router is causing that.

If you can post what you are using and which Firewall/Router exactly some people might be able to guide you

Does it bug anyone besides me that to play MP you HAVE to use gamespy?

You're not alone m8, especially those that struggled to get NP working last night

Edited by Ben

Yeah i miss the direct IP ability the most. Always hated the lobby styles...

AA is the same way annoyingly, but atleast with AA you can open the console and use that start IP command..

I wait in lobby's enough all day i dont need ot do it when gameing.