I'm Buying The Game

I know you guys don't care if I buy a game or not.... but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

After many hours playing the demo I can't get enough of all the things you can do if you use different moves. This game it's far more complex than any other tactical game.

I haven't had this teamwork feeling in many years and now this game has brought that back. Playing with my clan I have noticed we are back in the old good days.

Also I feel somehow we should give GRIN some credit for making this possible. I know GRIN it's under pressure by UBI but even with that gag order, they have been kind enough to interact with us... we don't even know if they ever got in trouble for this. Just think about the huge responsibility they have... first they have to outsmart Microsoft and the unfair Xbox360 publicity.. we were flooded by media.. and what GRIN had? Not even 15% of the publicity they deserved.

Also GRIN is new on the tactical shooters arena, making things even harder for them since they have to fight against the stream left by the GR1 makers.

Somehow I feel GRIN is alone on this battle and the only support they have is us... the PC community.

You can also tell how excited they sound when they answer our hungry questions.. you can feel they love the product they make.

For this reason and because I want to show UBI we support those who listen to the community me and my clan mates are buying this game.

I have faith GRIN will stick to their words... and will give us the dedicated server support and other much needed petitions.

I'm making my stand here and I will trust GRIN

:g_withgrin:

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]

It's a very good game, and I enjoy the demo very much. It's amazing how much fun sliding is and blowing up cars.

I'm not completely sold on the game so far though. The little quirks don't bother me that much, nor does the MP modes and lack of maps, but if there aren't any mod tools available relatively soon, I won't be buying it. I just NEED an outdoors map. I'd also like to hear the ETA on the patch. June sounds far away but it's only a month, which I think is definitely acceptable. But it has to be early June...

Hopefully we'll know all this by next week.

I ordered 2 copies this afternoon for the Missus and I. I hope that GRIN will stick to it and smooth this game out(performance wise mostly)Because I think the Gameplay is amazing just needs alot of polishing to get it up to snuff.

I mean let me tell you my Wife and I met 4yrs or so ago now playing GR1 and we had alot of fun together and of course it led to us getting together and so on, but we havent had a fun game like this to play together since RvS and I really hope this will fill the gap this has been a long time coming.

Edited by LT.INSTG8R

It's a very good game, and I enjoy the demo very much.  It's amazing how much fun sliding is and blowing up cars.

I'm not completely sold on the game so far though.  The little quirks don't bother me that much, nor does the MP modes and lack of maps, but if there aren't any mod tools available relatively soon, I won't be buying it.  I just NEED an outdoors map.  I'd also like to hear the ETA on the patch.  June sounds far away but it's only a month, which I think is definitely acceptable.  But it has to be early June...

Hopefully we'll know all this by next week.

Yep...can't think of any good reason not to give us info on their plans once the game is released...so maybe you are correct, when they get back we can get some info on the post release plan. I really plan on buying the game...just not until MP side is sorted out.

,May 2 2006, 12:16 AM]

I know you guys don't care if I buy a game or not.... but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

After many hours playing the demo I can't get enough of all the things you can do if you use different moves. This game it's far more complex than any other tactical game.

I haven't had this teamwork feeling in many years and now this game has brought that back. Playing with my clan I have noticed we are back in the old good days.

Also I feel somehow we should give GRIN some credit for making this possible. I know GRIN it's under pressure by UBI but even with that gag order, they have been kind enough to interact with us... we don't even know if they ever got in trouble for this. Just think about the huge responsibility they have... first they have to outsmart Microsoft and the unfair Xbox360 publicity.. we were flooded by media.. and what GRIN had? Not even 15% of the publicity they deserved.

Also GRIN is new on the tactical shooters arena, making things even harder for them since they have to fight against the stream left by the GR1 makers.

Somehow I feel GRIN is alone on this battle and the only support they have is us... the PC community.

You can also tell how excited they sound when they answer our hungry questions.. you can feel they love the product they make.

For this reason and because I want to show UBI we support those who listen to the community me and my clan mates are buying this game.

I have faith GRIN will stick to their words... and will give us the dedicated server support and other much needed petitions. 

I'm making my stand here and I will trust GRIN

:g_withgrin:

Sigh..wish I could play it. :( It would be awesome and a blast if I got more than 20 frames a second...

GRAW surpasses GR in almost everyway as far as single player goes. In a few days we will see how MP plays out but judging from the single player I'm sure it too will be as exciting. My copy should be in the mail so to all those buying the game I looking forward to playing with you online.(Would love to see some classic GR MP maps added in the future. ;) )

I too have pre-ordered my GR:AW from my local Game Stop store. I'm behind GRIN all the way on this. They have won my respect with their generous and unfront GR.net forum posts. I feel like I know these guys and we're all friends or something. :rolleyes:

I'm not expecting to be wowed by GR:AW out of the box. I'm sure the CO-OP (4 player) will still be LAN and the modding tool won't be on the DVD. 4 to 27 player CO-OP (modded missions) is the way I play GR1, I'm not a single player mission fan. However I'll play the single player campaign, but only once. Without a doubt, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I hope by the time I'm finished, the patches and modding tool (with the ability to increase the CO-OP number) are out.

Please don't take too long GRIN...and by the way, thank you :thumbsup:

Go! GO! GO! GRIN! :grin2:

silent_op