Mod tools

As you probably know, the Bohemia guys of Operation Flashpoint have their next project for sale to publishers... Why not buy it and call it GR4? LOL Just kidding!!

I really think that PR guy din't know his stuff, I'm confident, I can wait for GRIN to have nice holidays and then throw the patch, SDK, maps at us!

:santa:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly Paladin!   Hey Desmond, time to add a few folks to your ignore list, right? ;)

Done. :yes:

Bo has, as you all know, already cancalled his membership here at gr.net because of this kind of posts.

People who give up their social life, personal hygiene and and most of their sleep (on a sofa at the office, mind you) to get the job done and please the customers deserves a vacation.

Anyone who disagrees needs to get a real slaparound.

We will come back to the office with new found energy, inspired and more than willing to correct our mistakes and polish this game even more - trust me.

Thanks for stickin' with us. :thumbsup:

Thank you Desmond for sticking it out with us. We all think the game has a ton of potential and what you have said as far as the future(add on MP etc)Im sure we all hope it gets followed thru on but as Im sure you know we all have a bad taste in our mouth when it comes to Ubi and its support practices. You guys on the otherhand seem very genuine in your intentions.Does the game need polishing?, yes(what out of the box game doesn't), do I think you guys will make the effort to fix it and make it better? absolutely I do. You guys seem very committed to this and I would think you have alot riding on its success.

BTW I ordered my 2 copies for the Missus and I this afternoon and tho they dont run all that great on our machines I know that with time it will be made better

:g_withgrin:

P43.2E @ 3.6(225FSB)Zalman 7000B-Cu

Abit IC-7

2x1024 Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8(1:1)

X800XT/Arctic Silencer 4

Samsung Spinpoint 120G SATA

SB Audigy 2 ZS

Tagan 420W

LG 1930BQ TFT 19" 12ms

Logitech G5

Saitek X-52

Logitech Driving Force Pro

3DMark05 6174

3DMark03 12917

3Dmark06 2162

Edited by LT.INSTG8R

Exactly Paladin!  Hey Desmond, time to add a few folks to your ignore list, right? ;)

Done. :yes:

Bo has, as you all know, already cancalled his membership here at gr.net because of this kind of posts.

People who give up their social life, personal hygiene and and most of their sleep (on a sofa at the office, mind you) to get the job done and please the customers deserves a vacation.

We will come back to the office with new found energy, inspired and more than willing to correct our mistakes and polish this game even more - trust me.

As for what mr Girard said - I guess it's his word against ours at this point.

Thanks for stickin' with us. :thumbsup:

You´re welcome! Honestly, I´m sad that Bo has cancelled his membership, because I personally highly appreaciated his posts, input but MOST of all, his energy that convinced me to believe in the game at a point where I was highly believed that it got canned. But I can´t blame him, nobody has to accept personal insults. I´m glad you are sticking with us!

Anyway, enjoy your vacation and thanks for your post! :thumbsup:

Edited by agentkay

Thanks for the reply Desmond. Given the fact that you guys had promised a very high quality game and kept your promise fully, I completely trust Grin on the modding tools issue. :grin1:

I am very sorry to hear that Bo has cancelled his membership, please coax him to come back. Most of the members here respect him a lot.

Enjoy your holidays. :)

I must add, this may be an issue of different definitions of the term "modding tools".

Maybe some clarification, when you guys get back from vacation of course, can help this matter then.

As far as I know, a map editor was talked about. I keep seeing mention of an 'SDK', I have never heard the devs say there will be a true 'SDK' released.

I know you guys don't have the editor ready for public release yet, but maybe when you guys return, as the game WILL be released by then, you can maybe clarify what exactly is planned for the "modding tools", this way we don't run across this issue again when they are released.

Locking this thread until I can clean up the rubbish. :nono:

With the mood I'm in, it may take me awhile. :angry:

Reopened. Keep this on topic and without flaming!!! :o=

Modding Tools:

Novickas From Ubisoft  and the team also recognize that the online community is what gives our games a long life, and we plan to support them. Tools will be made available for would-be game makers and, from the look of early demos, they could be as simple to use as Crytek's Far Cry kit. The editor works in-game, so you can see exactly what your changes on the map are doing to the game world.

Modding Tools will be made available for would be game makers. See Cryteks Far Cry Kit. As an example.

There will be a level/sand-box type editor on release. It will also feature scripting language and all objects available in game can be used.

This was confirmed by Ubisoft last year.

Link

Modding Tools:

Novickas From Ubisoft  and the team also recognize that the online community is what gives our games a long life, and we plan to support them. Tools will be made available for would-be game makers and, from the look of early demos, they could be as simple to use as Crytek's Far Cry kit. The editor works in-game, so you can see exactly what your changes on the map are doing to the game world.

Modding Tools will be made available for would be game makers. See Cryteks Far Cry Kit. As an example.

There will be a level/sand-box type editor on release. It will also feature scripting language and all objects available in game can be used.

This was confirmed by Ubisoft last year.

Link

Ahhh...ok...so now we get it...don't listen to what the PR guys at UBI have to say, because they have no clue. :rofl:

That guy needs a slap upside the head. I wonder how much he gets paid to know all he obviously knows about the games he produces. But then...I have heard it said that the French have a very weak work ethic, maybe that expains it?

Imagine, just for a second, what this game would be like if UBI built it and didn't get totally lucky in picking GRIN to do so...ok...nevermind...don't do that. :grin1:

Thanks for the reply Desmond. Given the fact that you guys had promised a very high quality game and kept your promise fully, I completely trust Grin on the modding tools issue.  :grin1:

I am very sorry to hear that Bo has cancelled his membership, please coax him to come back. Most of the members here respect him a lot.

Enjoy your holidays.  :)

Agreed 100%.

Desmond, this game is already pretty much exactly what I wanted, and I'm glad to hear that GRIN will improve it even more. Please tell Bo it is exactly because of the posts he hates that he should NOT cancel his membership. There will always be negative people no matter what, but there will always be more fence-sitters too. Words from Bo persuade the fence-sitters. The presence of the GRIN devs has already had a major impact on future sales imho. Continued discussion and/or reassurance is what is needed to grow this game community into a huge entity.

Thanks for stickin' with us.  :thumbsup:

Oh yes, I trust because I think GRAW is your baby, to see how it raise give some satisfaction. I think the sales figures will prove it :grin1:

I for one LOVE this game. Heck i even plan on giving it to a few friends as a *enter what ever is soonest holiday here* present. The only quirk i am unhappy about is me not seeing how a dedicated coop server will run. Other then that I LOVE THIS GAME!

LONG LIVE GR, and may GRIN always be the team behind it.

I for one LOVE this game.  Heck i even plan on giving it to a few friends as a *enter what ever is soonest holiday here* present.  The only quirk i am unhappy about is me not seeing how a dedicated coop server will run.  Other then that I LOVE THIS GAME!

LONG LIVE GR, and may GRIN always be the team behind it.

You and the other 10% that can actually play the game. =P

sigh...

:rocky: <- smiley for black eyes :P

Nice one Desmond, I feel I need a GRIN slaparound for my minor toys-out-of-pram moments here and there since the demo.

Im sucking my dummy now and have been put to bed :whistle::wacko: .

This is all a bit deja vu, anyone remember the heated discussions before GR1 was released?:

Mod Capability 13 June 2001 | Rocky

The exact nature of what can and cannot be modded in Ghost Recon is still shruded in mystery. However Gary Stelmack did volunteer the following quote in the RSE forums "Well, I cannot comment too heavily ..., but look to be able to change things at least as much as in RS/UO (map geometry I cannot comment on). " Our modding discussion can be found here

Before that I'm sure there was a press release that said there would be no features added to help modders, then there was the rumours about a programme called IGOR in a later patch closer to release.

Then a few bright sparks started to untangle the mysteries like Mike and Piggyson.

This from the archives may be of interest:

RECON 0011.07.01 Ghost Recon and Mods

I'm not going to sweat about it just yet.

This is all a bit deja vu, anyone remember the heated discussions before GR1 was released?:

Mod Capability 13 June 2001 | Rocky

The exact nature of what can and cannot be modded in Ghost Recon is still shruded in mystery. However Gary Stelmack did volunteer the following quote in the RSE forums "Well, I cannot comment too heavily ..., but look to be able to change things at least as much as in RS/UO (map geometry I cannot comment on). " Our modding discussion can be found here

Before that I'm sure there was a press release that said there would be no features added to help modders, then there was the rumours about a programme called IGOR in a later patch closer to release.

Then a few bright sparks started to untangle the mysteries like Mike and Piggyson.

This from the archives may be of interest:

RECON 0011.07.01 Ghost Recon and Mods

I'm not going to sweat about it just yet.

Nice finding...

cool, I hope people understand what 1.5 years is when it comes to making a game, thats a realy short time in my opinion.

Funny how this topic turned around =)

Like GRiN said before, they are here for the long haul, just remember to present yourself like a human being =)

I was a fence hanger until i started reading what GRIN was commenting and leaving us teasers about. It was their comments that pushed me back over to the GRAW side of the force. I WILL be getting GRAW as soon as it hits the shelves. And i will patiently wait for whatever they give us........and i dont think it will be to long b4 that happens. Thanks GRIN for sticking by