Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand..? It has been said countless times that we would be getting mod tools...Why the change?

No mod support = Quick Death

Especially considering that we only get 5 MP maps to being with. With no way to create more maps..Its gonna get dull fast.

I'm waiting on GRIN for this one. They designed the engine, they can make mod tools. It's easy really, they just need to package the tools they already made for themselves.

EDIT: Members of GRIN have told us, in the past, that we will be getting mod tools... at least to my memory.

Edited by Ruin

That quote is in direct opposition to what has already been said regarding mod tools, which is just swell :wall: . We'll need to wait it out to see what's happening....

EDIT: Members of GRIN have told us, in the past, that we will be getting mod tools... at least to my memory.

Yeah, they wanted to change the programes slightly, so it would be easier to use them.

no mod tools = death...

5 multi maps

+ coop

+ no mods

not buying untill this is cleared up.

I've already been charged or I'd cancel my preorder. I got the game because I was under the assumption that the mod tools would be coming out after the release of the game.

Pretty surprising that there are no mod tools planned. What also surprising is that GRIN only worked 1.5 years on this game. With this time, no surprise that there is only one game mode for MP. The question is will they have the opportunity and the money to continue working on this game? I certainly hope so as there is a lot of potential to make this a great game. This community is well known for mods and this is what sells these Clancy games.

I don't buy it. The "so far" qualifier makes that a non-answer. There have been too many statements to us and to other magazines/sites about the mod tools or about leaving certain additions or features up to the modders. This may be a simple matter of what people are allowed to say and when they're allowed to say it. All you can really get from his statement is that there are no finalized modding tools.

Well I hope someone in the know, although you would hope he is 'in the know', clarifies this ASAP, as this is just ANOTHER reason to wait and see. :(

I would go so far as to say this is THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect to the longevity of this game.

Edited by Druac_Blaise

"IF" true .. then thats very crap indeed. AS Rocky said its complete contradiction to what most the information here over time has been pointing towards.

thats only "if".

Here we go again. :wall: Another round of soap opera drama. Can't UBI get anything right? Or did GRIN mislead us? I was on the fence about buying this anyhow. It's now NO until they set it straight. :(

It sucks to find out about this right when the game is fixing to ship to my house. From all the things GRIN told us in the past, about adding our own weapons and maps etc... I never thought this would be an issue.

How can anyone in their right mind think that 2 mp modes and 5 maps will be enough to satisfy the average GR fan? This is ridiculous. This game wont last 3 months without Mods. There just isnt enough there to make it replayable. Add in the fact we dont have dedicated server support and MP is dead before it even starts.