what kind of maps would u like made for this game?

5timechamp

aside from larger maps what kind of map would u like?

i have a few which im sure most already have in mind:

-an urban map along the lines of govt. district...just make it more vertical, after why not have high vantage points in a map? it will at least force players to slow down a little and advance with better use of cover.

-a snow map of course just add weather effects to it wether its heavy snow fall or a heavy snowstorm the developers will know best..(just make sure u can see freshly made tracks in the snow, and let it kick up during a shootout).

-a woodland map would be great specially if tall grass is integrated into the layout of the map.

sorry if i posted about an overdone topic but the excitement over the PC release had kinda dimmed the traffic here in console land so i hope my topic is tolerated...

anyhow u know what id really like to see? id like them to one day make maps based on some of the MOUT sites in some of our military installations. Ft leonardwood for example has a great MOUT site with an all sides approach from the woodline....one side even includes a rocky mini river bed where there are underground tunnels which take u to the heart of the mini town as well as to the basement of one of the buildings. Places like that could with a little dev. balance tweaking make for great MP combat specially with the fact that u can fight building to building....just an idea.....heck if its too small then the devs could mirror the structures at both ends and add whatever approach in between towns..

Definately a good urban map with rooftop access for snipers, gotta agree with 5time that if they do that it'll slow some people down for sure. Honestly a re-make of govt. district with rooftop access again agreeing with 5time would be great. and possibly add the govt. district as a retro campaign for multiplayer would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :g_guns:

Since u r talking about maps and all, I have a question.

I played GR on PC long time and maps were always a problem - u c there were much maps availlable but they were too much chattered amungst the players and nobody really had the same ones, what in the end was more problematic then interessing and fun.

So -Online, can u play easily other maps wich are not standaard(=requires downloading and installing)?

Call me crazy.. but I always loved the old R6 map called "Hacienda" I think will work great for GRAW.

This map will work for stronghold tactics for the team starting inside the area and great for raid tactics for the attacking force. If the map is made bigger than the original can be fun for GRAW of course with some variations. ;)

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]

I would like more cover, a combo of large to urban. Like in single player mode. Also like to see more choses of weapons or different combo of kits with new weapons.

For me the best maps are the ones that offer max cover......the idea of moving from cover 2 cover as a team has mass appeal for me...!!! Having to constantly run and gun just 2 keep up with the arcade style players drives me crazy.........Mountain Falls, Lost Convoy and Ambush had some nice features and created some great matches...IMO

Everyone has their own top maps, however, I think we could use some slightly bigger areas for battle....it seems like we are in battle as soon as we spawn these dayz!?!

Mountain Falls, the original Railway Valley ( not the condensed version - though it is better than a lot of what we have right now), even something like Pilot Down.

Bigger, more cover, more than 10 seconds before contact ....

Also- whilel I like th enew customization of gametypes a lot .. what happened to Helo Hunt and Armour Assault?

Mountain Falls, the original Railway Valley ( not the condensed version - though it is better than a lot of what we have right now), even something like Pilot Down.

Bigger, more cover, more than 10 seconds before contact ....

Also- whilel I like th enew customization of gametypes a lot .. what happened to Helo Hunt and Armour Assault?

......also, what happened 2 blind seige? Or even moving the seige point......now that would offer the gamer some longevity...?

Urban maps with multiple levels, to slow down play some. most importantly, maps that would allow you to go in buildings-any of them, at least to some extent. This would open up a variety of new tactics that could, if added to existing maps, breathe some new playability into them.

The game really needs bigger maps, it feels like the biggest map in GRAW is about half the size of a map like Bunker Hill in GR:SS. You can really get from one side of a map to the other too quickly in this game.

Also, more maps in wooded areas with low vegetation for cover. I really like Crossroads, Railway (valley), Ambush, and Pilot Down maps from GR2.

I would like more cover, a combo of large to urban. Like in single player mode. Also like to see more choses of weapons or different combo of kits with new weapons.

For me the best maps are the ones that offer max cover......the idea of moving from cover 2 cover as a team has mass appeal for me...!!! Having to constantly run and gun just 2 keep up with the arcade style players drives me crazy.........Mountain Falls, Lost Convoy and Ambush had some nice features and created some great matches...IMO

Everyone has their own top maps, however, I think we could use some slightly bigger areas for battle....it seems like we are in battle as soon as we spawn these dayz!?!

LOve to see that

Agreed. I like to have some time to set up strategy rather than run ahead 15 seconds and open fire.

Some of the most fun matches are the ones where there isn't even engagement for a few minutes as the teams set up and look for each other. I don't need to have a leash to guide me to the engagement zone (Quarry).

what happened to Helo Hunt and Armour Assault?

Hell they must be putting it in the game at some point or there wouldn't be the shoot x number of helos down in multiplayer. I doubt UBI could make that big of a mistake if they didn't plan on having it in at some point.

Not necessarily. With helicopters turned on, you have a lot of opportunities to shoot down a lot of helos in existing MP modes. It's just that most rooms have helos off. Sissies. :)

jb

I hope that one day we can get some maps that feature both interior and exterior structures......I mean on the roof of a building but also be able to hold out in the second floor and snipe from the broken window......!!

Playing siege type games with a more defendable siege point would add some more immersion into the game other than just defending 4 flares in wide open terrain...IMO

Long grass and dense jungle would create a more tactical game style....for me GRAW lacks any cover, Imean real cover...not just the obvious rocks and buildings that everyone and their dog uses every time you play...I mean large areas of trees and bushes.....SOCOM's maps had some nice layout (poor graphics) but still a nice mixture of these points...?

well, i think that for some simple replayability , some of the existing maps could be added to and be completely fresh to me again. for example. i would love to have ALL of temple available in coop elimination instead of the cut down version. the coop campaign version of temple is slightly bigger. in addition, a map like temple, or old town, would be a completely different play experience it it was set at night,. Not totally sure why a daytime version of wharf was chosen, could be cool, i do like wharf, but to me nighttime versons of temple and old town would be great.

for new maps. i think as long as the maps stick to the more "open" layout ala govt. dist. then the replayablility get exponetially higher. If you were to take a map like treasury and open it up so that there are other options for movement rather than the main avenue that runs through the map , then that map would become alot more difficult. As it stands now, there is only one way through that map, sure there maybe an alley here or a side road there, but they all go through this main street that runs the lenght of the map.

Hell they must be putting it in the game at some point or there wouldn't be the shoot x number of helos down in multiplayer. I doubt UBI could make that big of a mistake if they didn't plan on having it in at some point.

Not necessarily. With helicopters turned on, you have a lot of opportunities to shoot down a lot of helos in existing MP modes. It's just that most rooms have helos off. Sissies. :)

jb

what are you talking about? what option do you see for helicopters anywhere in mp?

jb

what are you talking about? what option do you see for helicopters anywhere in mp?

Edit Team Territory modes to turn on Helicopters. They default on in the Hamburger Hill preset, I believe.

jb

Edit Team Territory modes to turn on Helicopters. They default on in the Hamburger Hill preset, I believe.

Holy god why didn't I know of this! lmao sweet thanks guys for teaching me this new feature.