We need quicksave.

We need a quicksave function. I'm sick of redoing the same thing over and over again everytime I try something new. You can't try new tactics because if you are too far off a checkpoint and your new tactic ######s up, you're stuck redoing that part of the mission all over again. Please include a quicksave function and keep the checkpoints. That way, I can save between checkpoints and have fun trying loads of different tactics without having to worry about redoing the whole thing again.

We need a quicksave function. I'm sick of redoing the same thing over and over again everytime I try something new. You can't try new tactics because if you are too far off a checkpoint and your new tactic ######s up, you're stuck redoing that part of the mission all over again. Please include a quicksave function and keep the checkpoints. That way, I can save between checkpoints and have fun trying loads of different tactics without having to worry about redoing the whole thing again.

I thought the same thing... Hopefully they will make it happen...

I'm also a quick-save player. Although the AI is very good in the game, they are still computer controlled entities and don't problem-solve a situation enough. Everyone has seen where the AI decides to walk 30ft from where you told them to move because it's AI routine decided it will use a cover point up there, only to get caught in the middle of the street and cut down. Doesn't happen every time, but it happens.

If the AI was perfect and mistakes were of your own tactical making, then I'd agree that maybe a checkpoint system should suffice. But the AI still isn't perfect and things out of my control like the AI wandering into a firing lane when I tell them to move somewhere else is real.

Quick saves is a way around this. Make it an option at the start of the campaign. Along with the difficulty settings, have a save setting. Everyone is happy that way.

I don´t need any quicksaves, there are plenty of savepoints for the demo mission for instance. If the similar amount is used for the rest of the retail game, it´s perfectly fine with me. Actually the hardest difficulty should reduce the savepoints by 50%. This will make people more careful and give them a bad feeling when they are shot dead. I know it does for me.

I also don´t think that a lot of progress is lost between the savepoints, as they are seperated by maybe an average gameplay time of 5-10 minutes.

My 2 cents on this issue.

+1

I'm in for quick saves too; gives you more liberty. Let's say you're faced with a certain situation you don't really know how to handle, or to approach... You could quick save, then try a few things if the 1st try isn't successfull...

Also good point by Degamer :thumbsup:

Edited by Tech

+1

I'm in for quick saves too; gives you more liberty. Let's say you're faced with a certain situation you don't really know how to handle, or to approach... You could quick save, then try a few things if the 1st try isn't successfull...

Also good point by Degamer  :thumbsup:

Yup exactly. I like to try every different approaches the map gives you. But I can't try them all because there are no quicksaves.

Quicksave? i beat it without quicksave.  it makes you more careful.  I think it's a good idea not to have it as it makes it harder then saving every 3 seconds.

Why would I save every 3 seconds ? I only want to save the game whenever I need to, not use it to "cheat" through the game. Makes you more carefull yes, removes some of your freedom too.

Exemple : I get close to that courtyard with 6 tangos in there. There are 2 entrances, 4 possible roads to use. Should I try to flank them by going over the 4th road and then back entrance and kill them all instantly without them even realising what happened (ghost ;). It's a long shot and it will require very good planning. Or I could go the easy way, get in by the front entrance and kill them all one by one, that is sure going to work, but how fun is it ? Without quicksaves, I am forced to go the easy way, because if I try flanking them with a somewhat elaborated plan it could fail and I'd have to redo the whole checkpoint again. That's what I mean as in loosing freedom. No one's forcing you to use the quicksave function anyway.

+1

Also good point by Degamer  :thumbsup:

Thats exactly what i do with splinter cell (the third one obviously since the first 2 are linear).

Im also for quick saves.

I say give the GAMER, all the options he wants.

If some of u guys don't want / need the quick save feature, good for you. Don't use it.

However, if this makes the game more enjoyable for others, the Y not?

Sometimes I need to leave and it would be nice to be able to come back to where I left the game, rather restarting from a chick point.

Yea, not having quick saves is a mistake.

Including quick saves means you are giving the gamer the option to use it or not.

Not including it, you are forcing the gamer not to use it, and no way likes to be forced to do anything except enjoy themselves in a game.

I'm glad the quicksave is gone.  I like to replan if something goes wrong anyways.

So if qucksaves are included, how exactly does it effect you? You have to autosave checkpoints so you can have your difficulty that you and others like, while button mashers like myself can save every step if we like.

It has zero effect on how you play. For myself, the AI is too unpredictable and already there have been a few times in the demo where I tell the AI to move and it decides to run 40ft down the middle of the road past where I told them to move along a wall to get mowed down in the next intersection. That is not fun. For me redoing the last 10 minutes of the game because the AI make a mistake is not fun.

Quicksaves would get rid of a lot of this for me.

@amoo, luger, dayglow

agreed.

no one complains that there is an easy setting. yet i'm sure most of us play on at least medium. quick saves, provided the checkpoints are kept, would be in the same boat: if you don't like using them you don't have to (even though you might find them handy if your phone rings or someone decides to drop by your house).

the more options the better.

• 5 weeks later...

@amoo, luger, dayglow

agreed.

no one complains that there is an easy setting. yet i'm sure most of us play on at least medium. quick saves, provided the checkpoints are kept, would be in the same boat: if you don't like using them you don't have to (even though you might find them handy if your phone rings or someone decides to drop by your house).

the more options the better.

Agreed. Let's beat this to death and then beat it some more because this game requires a quick save and the hard core gamers that don't want it can ignore it.

For GRAW's sake, just give us a damn quick save mod already. I simply don't have the time to get good enough at FPS games to do every level (or even checkpoint) flawlessly without getting killed. I just want to get through the game in a reasonable amount of time and since I have to play every single encounter 3 or 4 times to get it right, I'm forced to play a check point something like 15-20 times to get through it. It gets tiring real quick. I'm sorry that I suck but if you want me to play your game, give me a quick save or I'll soon move on to something else and you'll be sorry that me and many like me are playing someone else's game. I'll vote with my pocketbook if I have to.

Edited by VirtualRain