Here's one for ya

Hello all!

I'm hoping you guys can help me out a bit. I'm very frustrated at the moment so please forgive me if this turns into a bit of a rant.

I don't have Photoshop so I decided to download PS 7.0.1 trial version and try my hand at a few .rsb's. I created some nice menu screens, kit Icons, load screens, arrows, pda_lcds, the whole shebang, and I'm thinking, OK, when I finish this mission pack, I just may release this. It looks more professional now etc. etc.

The 30 day trial period ended today and now, the Mod will NOT load with any of my created .rsb files! (GR won't even load to the menu screen, I had to load C02 to make sure it wasn;t a GR error) If I take the .rsb files out of the Mod, it loads fine. There is nothing in the ike.log and nothing in the ike crash.log to indicate why this is happening. Has anyone else run into this situation or does anyone have any solutions to this very, very frustrating issue. It's a lot of work I did, and I don't want to see it wasted. Oh yeah, the kicker, I can still load the .rsb's in photoshop and look at them. To say I am extremely ticked off would be putting it mildly.

Hope you folks can help

PrimusPilus

Hello all!

I'm hoping you guys can help me out a bit.  I'm very frustrated at the moment so please forgive me if this turns into a bit of a rant. 

I don't have Photoshop so I decided to download PS 7.0.1 trial version and try my hand at a few .rsb's.  I created some nice menu screens, kit Icons, load screens, arrows, pda_lcds, the whole shebang, and I'm thinking, OK, when I finish this mission pack, I just may release this.  It looks more professional now etc. etc. 

The 30 day trial period ended today and now, the Mod will NOT load with any of my created .rsb files! (GR won't even load to the menu screen, I had to load C02 to make sure it wasn;t a GR error)  If I take the .rsb files out of the Mod, it loads fine.  There is nothing in the ike.log and nothing in the ike crash.log to indicate why this is happening.  Has anyone else run into this situation or does anyone have any solutions to this very, very frustrating issue.  It's a lot of work I did, and I don't want to see it wasted.  Oh yeah, the kicker, I can still load the .rsb's in photoshop and look at them.  To say I am extremely ticked off would be putting it mildly.

Hope you folks can help

PrimusPilus

Are you saving them with the right settings? Open an original RSE created RSB, delete it and paste your work over then save as.

Having a trial-version that ended doesn't affect the format whatsoever, so that can't be it.

On top of that, I don't think the game will crash at all if an .rsb is missing from the list, it would just display that particular image as blank, just a strong feeling about that though.

Are you sure you didn't change other things in the mod AFTER the trial ended?

Or maybe you saved an .rsb with the wrong exporter, or improper settings?

Hello all,

Thank you all for your input. I know this doesn't make any sense. It doesn't to me either. One wouldn't think that when a trial version ended that the previously created .rsb's would have any issue. I've begun checking every file in the Mod so far to look for any errors, not just the .rsb's but the other files as well. If only the ike.log would tell me something. Oh well, you know, it's probably something stupid like a spelling mistake or something.

PrimusPilus

I'm very sure it has nothing to do with PSP. Before I got my hands on PS7.0, I've been using a PSP 7.0 30 day trial version to make skins & stuff and all of them worked fine in-game even after the 30 days.

Did you check the saving settings (the menu thingy which appears when you save a .rsb)? I had problems with that long time ago

:thumbsup:

CC

If the ike.log isn't showing anything I'd start hunting upper/lower case errors. For example having a gun file named "****.GUN" and refered to as "****.gun" in your kit will cause a CTD that won't show up in the IKE.log.