Post_effect_quality

What do you think looks best ?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people moaning about graphics and stuff when we havent even seen what the rest of the game has to offer!!!

Like in any game that is released the quality of maps range from good to bad, I mean I could pick a few that were outstanding in GR1 and some that I thought were bad.

The lighting done on this particular map doesn't mean that it will be the same for all the others too! Also performance will most likely good and bad depending on what map you are on (remember ghost!).

The engine is very good and clearly has the capabilities to produce some spectacular scenes if the map creator has got most things right.

Edited by whoa182

The one thing I like about the PE on would be the fact that it looks like the sun is setting. The only problem with that though is the sky. It doesn't look like a sunset is actually happening.

Since I don't look at the sky though I feel as if the sun is setting. SO I turn it on sometimes...and turn it off during others. Not really a big deal to me.

Edited by Solo_13

On, out of respect for the artists.

ditto

:g_withgrin:

Have to admit that when I saw the screenshots before the demo came out I thought it was silly that everything seemed to have a yellow tint. Now that i've played the demo and compared on/off, I have to say ON! I'm so used to it now that it looks silly with it off.

I have it on low just in case a higher setting affects my PCs performance.

I prefer it on, however, I think both ways just don't look quite right.

However, since there is such a huge difference between on and off this seems like a very inefficient way to control color. It may be the fastest or easiest way but it looks like to get the color they want they actually have to make it some other color. Hence we have orangy looking ghosts. Those washed out white screen above make them look better, but then...they are washed out.

The Downside of turning it off? No Night vision. have fun on the dark maps with your pretty colors :)

The point is to convince the devs that the post effect should be toned down man.

And my post is hindering this process how? I seriously doubt they will look at the number of people posting here and blow it off, because of my single statement. Im all for to be fixed, but not if it is going to take away other gameplay elements.

Off

(Oidentfoy Friendley Foire)

I say ON, I come from the Caribbean and that is how a really sunny day looks like. Without it it looks like a dull european summer day. Maybe allowing some people to adjust it/tone it down in a patch would be greatly appreciated.

Funny thing........your location says Netherlands.

That's correct, I was born and raised in Aruba, and now I am living in the Netherlands. I came here to continue my studies. A bit off topic... hehehe

IMOHO I think the user should have an option to have the yellow effect on or off.

No, gives players advantage over other players, thats WHY I like the idea of removing basic options as games progress, Trust me, Low settings BF2 looks nothing like HIGH/Medium settings for BF2. Thats why most clan players set everything low so they have the advantage. Thats why I dislike 100% customizable games. Imagine if you removed the shadows in this game, Their'd be no point in picking a spot in the dark since a player could just simply turn the option off.

IMOHO I think the user should have an option to have the yellow effect on or off.

No, gives players advantage over other players, thats WHY I like the idea of removing basic options as games progress, Trust me, Low settings BF2 looks nothing like HIGH/Medium settings for BF2. Thats why most clan players set everything low so they have the advantage. Thats why I dislike 100% customizable games. Imagine if you removed the shadows in this game, Their'd be no point in picking a spot in the dark since a player could just simply turn the option off.

Its your option to play how you want. Unfortunatley its is this way. its your choice to play how you want when its part of the game options. In GR:Classic, you could play with bodies on or off. If you had them on and other players had them off, it made a big difference in game play as well as in coop.

If you turned the foliage to low in the game, players had a hard time hiding on maps like Manhunt. If they had their foliage high, and you had yours low, you would see them first. and you know what happens then.

So video and game settings are your choice. It all depends on how bad you want to win. Your settings are a risk/benefit balance. If you like eyecandy, you PROBABLY wont do very well in teams vs. games.

So if you insist on having your settings all to high or or a way that gives other an advantage over you, dont complain about it. Its your decision to play that way.

The Downside of turning it off? No Night vision. have fun on the dark maps with your pretty colors :)

The point is to convince the devs that the post effect should be toned down man.

The post effect can be turned down. THat's why there is high, medium, and low. It's in the user options and isn't forced on anyone.

I have mine turned down for system performance reason. I'd have everything High if my system could handle it.

aw crap i voted no cause I have it off. But I think it looks better with it on.

Edited by Ghost9

I agree with you on this. It gets really annoying. I understand fixing performance issues, but subtracting stuff when people are supposed to be in the SAME virtual world sucks. I hate it when people can see me through trees and bushes just cause they have low settings. That's so dumb to me.

I want GRIN to come out and just say, "this is the way it is, deal with it."

I haven't played it but I offer this from Screenshots:

ON: in restpect to artist who tried to give a new feel

ON: to give it more depth

OPTION: available to turn on or turn off if gamer's system is chugging to keep up. Last thing UBI is have one more dissappointed gamers telling an entire forum that this game

sucks.

OFF: if there will be no patch made to color correct the entire game. I've seen screenshots on ppl with SLI 7900 512GTX with updated driver, high textured character and environment AND STILL look like an orange blimp and a yellow mining map from Mars. I wish the yellow and orange hue can be adjusted via a slider option in the video tab.

OFF: to give a GR1 feel. I love GR1 still. :wub:

ON

Keep in mind that this is only the demo, and that this particular mission takes place at sunset, when the sun in fact very orange.

The light is unique in every mission to reflect the time of day. I think after the full game is released that most of the people who are so entirely against HDR will loosen their stance a littlebit.