Ordering from Direct2Drive...

Hello,

I don't post much here, but visit everyday... get alot of great news and info from this web site and it's members, so thought I'd share a little news also... (unless you already know of course, lol)

You can pre-order Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter from Direct2Drive, then when officially released you'll be able to download the game that day...

but as a bonus, you get a choice between Far Cry or Prince of Persa to download NOW.

Pretty good deal if you have a broadband connection and like convenience.

Just sharing, take care.

yeah, sometimes they give you like 3 activations per game, so if you reformat or reinstall for any reason it will burn an activation, and when you're out, you gotta pay again.

dunno if this is the case here but make sure you read the fine print if you choose to do this.

Couple of things to be aware of with D2D

Direct2Drive games are not compatible to expansion packs purchased at retail stores on cdrom.

Only expansion packs offered by Direct2Drive are compatible to Direct2Drive games.

You must use patches we provide for Direct2Drive games.

Outside files cannot be used to patch Direct2Drive games.

there were a few people caught out by that in GR/DS/IT

Stay away from them! It takes them weeks before they release the D2D patches. If a patch is released for this game, you will have to wait until the D2D patch is released, you will not be able to use the one from UBI. Case in point -CIV IV. The D2D CIV IV owners were complaining on many CIV IV forums about the delay. They mentioned it happens with other games also.

Go to the store or have the true retail boxed version mailed to you.

Hey Guys,

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules but just wanted to let some people know just in case. You don't need to go to the store and buy the game you can also buy it online and download it.

http://www.direct2drive.com/616/product/Bu...ighter-Download

The only problem is you won't get the pretty box.

My buddy has informed he is downloading as we speak at 600+ Kbps rate.

2.3 Gigs to download.

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting]

No the problem is you have to buy all subsequent expansion packs from them and can only use their version of patches

See my previous post in this thread HERE

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting]

No the problem is you have to buy all subsequent expansion packs from them and can only use their version of patches

See my previous post in this thread

Ouch..! Yes, I just saw that... so are you 100% sure about that? You would think the files are the same.. I guess I will get my pretty box... Thanks for the heads up :notworthy:

so are you 100% sure about that?

Yup, Those quotes in my earlier post are direct from D2D

Unfortunately we had no end of people who bought IT from them and it wouldn't work with the Retail GR + DS they already had

we had several people who lost their GR CD's (or they got damaged/scratched) and D/L GR only to find it wouldn't work with their retail DS and IT

and whenever a patch was released you would have to wait for the D2D version

so are you 100% sure about that?

Yup, Those quotes in my earlier post are direct from D2D

Unfortunately we had no end of people who bought IT from them and it wouldn't work with the Retail GR + DS they already had

we had several people who lost their GR CD's (or they got damaged/scratched) and D/L GR only to find it wouldn't work with their retail DS and IT

and whenever a patch was released you would have to wait for the D2D version

Thanks Pave.. you just saved me from making a big mistake... see how fun is GRAW? Even to buy this game you have to make tactical moves and use your Crosscom linked to GR.net :rofl:

From my understanding of the activation key for GRAW from D2D, you can always request a new one at no aditional cost. The game will just not work with the old key, eliminating passing it around to your buddies. And as for always ahving to redownload the game when you reformat or switch computers, Burn it to disc.

by the time u finish downloading those game's, the patch will be out.  u also need  to have a supscription to fileplanet to have fast downloads.  otherwise it will take a couple of days.

That's not true. I've ordered from direct2drive three or four times and their download links always take me straight to a fast download at fileplanet -- i'm not a subscriber -- so there is not a wait. download for a game likethis depending on the quality of your broadband connection would probably take 2-4 hours though.

That said, I'll never order from direct2drive again. Their followup support on activation keys sucks. I ordered splinter cell chaos theory from them and the activation key only worked two times. On my third installation (same computer -- I just reformat a lot), I had to email them for a new key, and they took over a week to get it to me. Very frustrating.

yeah some people i know had serious problems getting patches , sometimes the key didnt match their install , and sometimes compatibility issues with people who bought the game at a store , they couldnt play on store bought retail servers .