Real Life Ghost Recon

ghost627

I was on a trip today to a military station today. It was so cool . That I can't wait to join the military. I know its not all fun and games but I want to join. We got to go inside the M1 Abrams and the Bradley APC. We had 4 students and it was really packed inside. The Sergeant Major on our tour said that the most they had was 9 fully combat ready soldiers inside. With complete gear. So we got 8 on the seats and one on the floor it was funny. I got to mess around with the aiming system of the tanks and APC's along with the 50 and 30 cal machine guns. The 80 pound tank rounds that you have to load in 3 seconds. The Humvee just left me feeling unsafe becaus it had no armor door or roof just a vynel covering. All in all the military was just cool . I felt like I was straight out of the game. Coming out of the APC. Although the seating was different. Anyone Else have experiences like this.

yeah but then again i have served in the military... still its quite a thing to be a part of something greater than oneself...being in iraq is something i wont forget...being a soldier is one of the most fulfilling things ive ever done. It also helps me appreciate games that simulate combat and team tactics as opposed to fragfest games...btw i am a combat engineer.

One of the weird things was that I asked the APC commander what it would take to take the Bradley out and high said that it could take rpg fire. And I asked where would hir rifle be if he had to high tail it out of there . He showed me right next to his seat but also said that if you had to get out in that quick of hurry and The Bradley couldn't take it that your good as dead. :wall: So I guess it takes alot to take down.

good luck ghost627  keep the chin up  and choose wisely ur carrer in our military .

remember  this ............slow and smooth smooth is fast

cheers.

p.s. stay in school

Sounds like the saying in close combat:first to fight the marine based squad shooter. Thanks though. The only thing that I don't want to happpen is to get blown up by an ied. Because almost all of the deaths in Iraq are from those explosives.

I was on a trip today to a military station today. It was so cool . That I can't wait to join the military. I know its not all fun and games but I want to join. We got to go inside the M1 Abrams and the Bradley APC. We had 4 students and it was really packed inside. The Sergeant Major on our tour said that the most they had was 9 fully combat ready soldiers inside. With complete gear. So we got 8 on the seats and one on the floor it was funny. I got to mess around with the aiming system of the tanks and APC's along with the 50 and 30 cal machine guns. The 80 pound tank rounds that you have to load in 3 seconds. The Humvee just left me feeling unsafe becaus it had no armor door or roof just a vynel covering. All in all the military was just cool . I felt like I was straight out of the game. Coming out of the APC. Although the seating was different. Anyone Else have experiences like this.

Nice, good luck with that. :thumbsup:

good luck ghost627  keep the chin up  and choose wisely ur carrer in our military .

remember  this ............slow and smooth smooth is fast

cheers.

p.s. stay in school

I will and i intend to. But when its over its to the army to make the $$$ but more about other things. Then go to college. Then create the next Tactical Squad based shooter that will make you say Ghost Recon what.... hahahah