Sorry but this is not Ghost Recon

I've been playing Ghost Recon 1 for the last four years and this new game is not like the original or an improvment of the orignal. Its like Rainbow 6 game scaled down in real time with the added ability to slide when running. Don't get me wrong I had high hopes for this game....I wished to heck that it would be great and I was soooooo excited about the demo and the release of the full version like no game ever released before....with the exception of stumbling across Operation Flashpoint demo by accident one night way back when.

I'm sure even you half hard core ghost recon fans will get tired of wasting your ammo shooting up the same old cars, doors and wheels as I did within time.

Anyway I feel that the Ghost Recon / Desert Seige / Island Thunder source code should be released onto the net so that the true die hard fans can give this game the true upgrade that it deserves. i.e. falcon 4.....and commanche vs hokum....you want to see a real improvement on a game ..... let the true fans that have a wee bit of skill at programming have a go at it and you will see totally amazing results. Its a sad day when console games are better then the pc games when there is all that unsed potential available to developers.

Long live the GR1 mods and Ghost recon dot net!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank-you very much modder people.....you have brought many a great hour of fun and suspense to my gaming life....

Cheers.....

Well said squiggy.

I think this has potential to be the next classic. I for one love how grin developed this and will suport them to see what the come out with in thier expansions, patches, and even dare I say, for GR4?

I have to see the retail version before i start spewing out my requests :P.

I am also a little disapointed that this game has more of a Rainbow 6 feel to it than Ghost Recon. I think to judge this game (demo) fairly you just have to forget that you ever played GR1.

If you can do that you will see that this game has alot of potential to become a great tactial shooter in the tradition of GR1.

Hes just stating his opinion, theres no need to flame him. Anyways, GR1 and GRAW are both good games BUT they are vastly different. GRAW feels like a new game to me, nothing like the first, except for the name. However I like both pretty equally, they both have things that are GREAT about them.

Peolpe like you don't want a new game, basically you are just wanting an expansion pack for the origional game. I think GRAW is an exellent seqeul to GR 1.

amen to that

Also, Rainbow Six Games had an element where you had to run into a situation and kill people quick. Ghost Recon and GRAW allow you to sit back and pick people off from a more comfortable range.

GRAW is a great game. It is not GR1 if it was jsut an updated clone of GR1 it would be rather dissappointing quite frankly.

This game is NOT GR1. It is the sequel to it. That demo mission can get boring quick though. wait until the full release before making full judgments on the game.

The demo doesnt do it for me anymore. the same mission over and over with the only MP option being lan I cant play any MP. From what I have seen though I think the final version of this game will be one that many people will enjoy.

I think its Ghost Recon.....Even if the whole game is just like the demo...and I am guessing there is more mission variation than people think.

But even if it is all just like the demo....It stil has that GR feel......its just like some of the maps...not all of them.

Im still hoping they bring in.....from what I understand were very linear maps....from GR2.

I wanted to crawl through the tall grass....and run around Korea.

HACK

Peolpe like you don't want a new game, basically you are just wanting an expansion pack for the origional game. I think GRAW is an exellent seqeul to GR 1.

Bang on Mate!

I've said before: original GR is unique. That IT feeling is something we may never get again from any game ever! Listening to some of the comments about how GR:AW isn't GR etc... is a bit sad because GR:AW is a great game in it's own right and for my money, is as tactical as the original GR. Sure, you can't switch to different team members to control their actions, but you can't do that in real life as far as I know either. I like this game a lot. And it will only get better if the Devs & community supports it the way the original was supported (and still is!).

I like all forms of gameplay (SP, Coop & MP) and cannot think of a single game (shooter, at least) since original GR that I played for more than a few days. I think GR:AW will change that.

Someone said this demo was linear but I feel the city maps in the original were more so. You want a good example of linear, go to Lockdown! Every building was one big corridor with 1 or 2 opening doors and stairwells that went where...? NOWHERE!!

Bring on the full release!! :o=

Bang on Mate!

I've said before: original GR is unique. That IT feeling is something we may never get again from any game ever! Listening to some of the comments about how GR:AW isn't GR etc... is a bit sad because GR:AW is a great game in it's own right and for my money, is as tactical as the original GR. Sure, you can't switch to different team members to control their actions, but you can't do that in real life as far as I know either. I like this game a lot. And it will only get better if the Devs & community supports it the way the original was supported (and still is!).

I like all forms of gameplay (SP, Coop & MP) and cannot think of a single game (shooter, at least) since original GR that I played for more than a few days. I think GR:AW will change that.

Someone said this demo was linear but I feel the city maps in the original were more so. You want a good example of linear, go to Lockdown! Every building was one big corridor with 1 or 2 opening doors and stairwells that went where...? NOWHERE!!

Bring on the full release!! :o=

Hey. There is NO full release. Period. GRAW is as finished as Duke Nukem forever. Get it? :whistle:

notgrin.jpg

I've said before: original GR is unique. That IT feeling is something we may never get again from any game ever!

I agree, GR1 was like catching lighting in a bottle, and we may not see that type of game again, at the same time, I am looking forward to playing the full version of GRAW.

Same old story! :hehe:

I can imagine that there are really lovers of, say the Nissan Sunny, that hated the Nissan Almera GTI when it came out!!! And they'd say ''Lots of modded parts for the Sunny mate, lots; the Almera is too new, nobody knows if it is a winner''

:-" :grin1:

I've been playing Ghost Recon 1 for the last four years and this new game is not like the original or an improvment of the orignal.  Its like Rainbow 6 game scaled down in real time with the added ability to slide when running.  Don't get me wrong I had high hopes for this game....I wished to heck that it would be great and I was soooooo excited about the demo and the release of the full version like no game ever released before....with the exception of stumbling across Operation Flashpoint demo by accident one night way back when.

I'm sure even you half hard core ghost recon fans will get tired of wasting your ammo shooting up the same old cars, doors and wheels as I did within time.

Anyway I feel that the Ghost Recon / Desert Seige / Island Thunder source code should be released onto the net so that the true die hard fans can give this game the true upgrade that it deserves.  i.e. falcon 4.....and commanche vs hokum....you want to see a real improvement on a game ..... let the true fans that have a wee bit of skill at programming have a go at it and you will see totally amazing results.  Its a sad day when console games are better then the pc games when there is all that unsed potential available to developers.

Long live the GR1 mods and Ghost recon dot net!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank-you very much modder people.....you have brought many a great hour of fun and suspense to my gaming life....

Cheers.....

I hear ya man. :(

These guys beating you up in this thread.....lets see if they are still playin graw in 5 years.

I think GRAW as it is on its own, ignoring history stands firmly up on its 2 legs and does the tactical job without question .. thats GRIN knowing the score - bish bosh :grin1: .

But ...

In a parallel universe a game was released without much fuss speaking of tactical gameplay and squad tactics in the future of battle and had a tag line "From the makers of Ghost Recon" or some such tenuouse link and a different title ... would, I ask, it be all that bad?

So ...

Isnt it a case of pretty much tricking your brain into separating the 2, wiping the slate clean and then looking at GRAW "on its own" .. then if you realy think about it, its great. I had the same views too but taking GR1 out of the loop and looking at what games are about right now, and then looking at GRAW it does pretty much speak for itself.

I've said before: original GR is unique. That IT feeling is something we may never get again from any game ever!

I agree, GR1 was like catching lighting in a bottle, and we may not see that type of game again, at the same time, I am looking forward to playing the full version of GRAW.

:thumbsup: Agreed! For some people anything new is always better for the rest of us if it's great it's always great no matter how old it is. :D

:thumbsup: Agreed! For some people anything new is always better for the rest of us if it's great it's always great no matter how old it is. :D

IMO, GR1 was never "lightning in a bottle" or this chance set of circumstance. It was the natural progression of what redstorm was designing since thier OG Rainbow 6. RedStorm used to be about creating a game strongly based on realism so that we , the gamers, would have a challenging imersive, unique game to play. Sice GR1 though RSE direction has obviously change, but its just as obvious that GRIN has stepped into that mindset and Im personally looking very foward to see what comes next. Will it be progression of what they started, or they gonna flake out like RSE?

:thumbsup:

So many folks out there complaining about how their game didnt suit their expectations.

Did you ever realize that when you raise your expectations and picture a perfect sequel, you WILL GET DISSAPOINTED!

Me, I thought it went a bit slow at first. Then I play again, testing new things, ways to go, tactix to try, and for every time, this game facinates me in a new way. I just love it.

And as I learn to play, the pace quickens too.

See you on the battlefield!

many people loved gr and loved the memories of gr but like everything else you want an upgraded version. As much fun as GR was/is its outdated. Im glad graw isnt exactly like gr...then everyone would be complaing that its the same....