Crossfire/SLI users input requested

I dont have the highend card I only got (2)6600 128MB GT and no widescreen monitor

If you have a widescreen monitor and you have cash (not parents) go ahead and get what you can afford to get the SLI technology.

If you dont have widescreen monitor DO NOT BOTHER. Its a waste of money. Coming from a SLI user.

Get one card that you can best afford. Right now for investment purposes get the 7 series nVidia card. Beyond that I can't help you with.

My suggestion:

Max you CPU, AMD if your gaming, Pentium if you gonna do movie editing and such.

2GB minimum on RAM

Motherboard NFORCE 4 with on-board sound to save on getting a soundcard.

max the features.

To be honest, wait what CRYSIS or Unreal Tournament 2007/8/9-whatver...is demanding. Save research and keep reading on what problems ppl are having with this demo---mind you its a demo.

Look at other games that interest you. Find what kind of game you really wanna get into.

Combine those and round it up to what you wanna build.

Don't build on this hype right now, let it fizzle a little bit and get on board.

The game will always be here and so are we. Dont break the bank overnite.

Get your pad and pen.

More ppl will come and help you, as soon as they are done playing the demo. :lol:

Welcome aboard btw :thumbsup:

I'm getting 40-60 FPS running medium textures at 1920x1200. I'm on the 84.25s.

Specs:

Opty 170 0550 UPMW @ 270x10 (so far)

DFI nF4 LanParty SLI-DR, Lian-Li PC-V1000B

2 GB GSkill HZ @ 270 (3-4-4-8) 2.6V

2 Raptors in SATA RAID0

2 x eVga 7900GTs @ 560/1620

PCP&C ATX-510 PCI-E SLI

Audigy X-Fi, Klipsch Promedia 4.1's

Sony SDM-P234 23" TFT

i can tell you next monday how 2 6600's 128MB SLI works for me. Always good to have multiple responses even if it's the same specs.

I got an amazing deal, so thats why its not a high end card, and why i dont have it yet.

I have a 19" LCD syncmaster930B, so its a good monitor, just not widescreen.

I have dual 7800 GT's on SLI playing at 1680x1050 on a wide screen LCD with everything in game turned up as high as it will allow on 256MB cards. Using alternate frame rendering. The game looks really sweet and it plays really well, no lag what so ever.

I've setup a profile to override application control of 3d settings and it is set to use 4X AA & 8X AF, but I dont know if AA is working or not. But, I dont get any jaggies either so it may or may not be. I've heard Nvidia cards dont do HDR + AA, so the AA setting may not be taking effect, but it sure looks sweet regardless.

Once I figure out the key for screen shots, I will take some. I also dont know what type of frames I'm getting, in GR-1 you could enter the console command to enable FPS in game, but I dont know if that works in GRAW. There must be some method to do it.

Edited by Sheldon_AS

Would love to read more specs from people running an SLI or Crossfire setup as I'm looking into upgrading aswell.

Also would like to hear from Viper how the 6600's are doing.

Anyone else care to post their videocards?

Edited by deleyt

OK guys, just for you. ;)

I have dual Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX-512 cards with 2 gig of Ram and an AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-57 Processor.

Obviously there is no profile available at the moment for GRAW so just using a default one without the SLI i am running everything maxed out with a resolution of 1600x1200 and a refresh rate of 75hz, i have my AA on 2Q (although i doubt whether this actaully does anything) and my AF on x16 this give me FPS of around 40-60 on the map.

Last night i decided to have a play with my coolbits and create my own profile, these are only early assesments but with the same settings as above but using the SLI on "alternate frame rendering" my frame rates rose to about 60-100, but this was my first attempt so i need to play with the settings some more to see how it changes.

Feel free to ask anything you want to know guys, i am new to all this stuff and this is probably the first game to come along that iv'e really tried out the SLI with any effect.

Btw, i think the game is excellent in MP, with just a few minor adjustments, that have all be mentioned in previous threads in here, and the future possibilities of mods i think it will be an outstanding game.

Edited by Zebb

I have dual Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX-512 cards with 2 gig of Ram and an AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 Processor.

Geez Zebb...are you robbing casualties on your ambulance-shift or what? :rofl:

That's some setup you got there! :thumbsup:

Clearly GR3 isn't playable with the system I've got right now.

A dual 7800GTX is out of my range right now as I'm trying to rebuild my current system of about 6 years old (which served me well I might add).

So that means a new mobo, cpu, memory and vid-card and still be able to take my G/F to Corsica this summer :unsure:

Clearly an SLI setup has some awesome advantages so I'll probably go for one 7600GT, and adding one later when the prices drop.

Thanks for the info.

HI Guys,

I will have 2x7600GT's up and running in SLi on Wednesday, I cant wait to see what sort of a difference its going to make...

I'll post my before and after results in this thread.

I would love to hear your comments on your upgrade Superfly.

Edited by deleyt

I have X1900 Crossfire cards with a FX57 at 3ghz. I have run this game at 1920x1200 at high settings and 8xAF and get around 25FPS. I have also run it at 1600x1200 with medium settings and NO AF and get 29-30FPS. I have no idea what's going on here. I have confirmation from other single card X1900 users that they get around 40FPS with everything at high settings. Hopefully this demo version has some video optimizations left out because less than 30FPS on a high-end graphics systems is pathetic! I will look into finding something similar to the SLI Alternate Frame Rendering that SLI users have found give a nice bumps in FPS.

Asus Crossfireboard A8R32 MVP Deluxe

Opteron 165, cautiously clocked the frequency with stock heatsink to 230. (frequency upto 280 has been achieved with good quality air cooling)

2 x Sapphire X1600XT also with stock cooling running Crossfire in software mode i.e. no Master/Edition card required.

2 GIG Corsair RAM

Seasonic 600W psu

If you can tell me how to check the fps and how to get around that first corner, I'll tell you my results.

If of any value:

3DMark05 score is 5873 Crossfire disabled and 9010 Crossfire enabled.

Hi all, wanted to give my input here first off my specs:

AMD opteron 170 @ 2.8Ghz, 2mb L2 (or FX62)

2x1GB OCZ platinum 3-3-2-8-1T DDR 500

DFI SLI DR Expert

SB X-Fi music

2x 7800GT CO

600W OCZ PowerStream

I downloaded and installed the demo of GRAW. My detected settings were Medium with 800x600(I later changed this to native LCD res 12x10) 8xAS, frame rate in the game hovered between 25-35, you could feel the game slow down as you turned a corner, or when 4 enemies started dancing and shooting all about :o= . I read about the alternate frame rendering for SLI setups, and gave it a whirl (using nvtray), created a profile for GRAW and set in the stuff manually. Im currently running the game 4x FSAA / 4x AS, 12x10, and all settings on HIGH and there isn't the slightest hint of lag under the most extreme conditions which is great, as it makes the game actually fun to play :rofl: .

My only question/concern is that I've read that HDR is by default enabled in the game, which means that FSAA @ 4X isn't actually "on", can someone confirm?

EDIT: If anyone is intrested, I could do a FRAPS run with the new settings.

Edited by OmegaMerc

Hi all, wanted to give my input here first off my specs:

AMD opteron 170 @ 2.8Ghz, 2mb L2 (or FX62)

2x1GB OCZ platinum 3-3-2-8-1T DDR 500

DFI SLI DR Expert

SB X-Fi music

2x 7800GT CO

600W OCZ PowerStream

I downloaded and installed the demo of GRAW.  My detected settings were Medium with 800x600(I later changed this to native LCD res 12x10) 8xAS, frame rate in the game hovered between 25-35, you could feel the game slow down as you turned a corner, or when 4 enemies started dancing and shooting all about  :o= .  I read about the alternate frame rendering for SLI setups, and gave it a whirl (using nvtray), created a profile for GRAW and set in the stuff manually.  Im currently running the game 4x FSAA / 4x AS, 12x10, and all settings on HIGH and there isn't the slightest hint of lag under the most extreme conditions which is great, as it makes the game actually fun to play  :rofl: .

My only question/concern is that I've read that HDR is by default enabled in the game, which means that FSAA @ 4X isn't actually "on", can someone confirm?

EDIT: If anyone is intrested, I could do a FRAPS run with the new settings.

Dude yes do a FRAPS run plz and show us your screenshots. I have an x1800xt 512mb card and i'm struggling to get decent framerate, i was thinking going crossfire to raise this.

That is correct. In fact, you are more than likely taking a framerate hit for the AA that your GPU is trying to do but isn't actually doing. You should turn it off.

I would love to hear your comments on your upgrade Superfly.

Hi,

Just got the second card up and running, I have to say the difference is night and day:

before I had aweful mouse lag at any resolution/settings but now im running @ 1280x960 with the game settings maxed out, I have no mouse lag at all, in fact the game is running as smooth as CS:S does which is mucho impressive.

:devil:

I have'nt checked fps, no need its running bloody well.

Taken from the games read me file regarding AA:

*** Graphics Compatibility ****

If the game is very slow, or the display corrupted, check that anti-aliasing is not forced at the level of the drivers. If this is the case, deactivate it.

f your monitor switches to Energy Saving, update the drivers for your screen.

Hmm, AA not good for this game then.

Taken from the games read me file regarding AA:

*** Graphics Compatibility ****

If the game is very slow, or the display corrupted, check that anti-aliasing is not forced at the level of the drivers. If this is the case, deactivate it.

f your monitor switches to Energy Saving, update the drivers for your screen.

Hmm, AA not good for this game then.

Actually, the game carries NO AA at all. Since HDR is hardcoded into the engine, its impossible to turn off. The end result is that AA is unable to be displayed, even if you try to force it through the drivers.