Team leader dies

It is especially bad in CO-OP. This needs to be fixed. Maybe this is only for SP created missions (due to someone's love for their story line). Maybe with the modding tool, custom missions can be scripted to continue with the Captain dead...

I trust GRIN and I will wait and see.

I'm with you on this one silent. I REALLY hope that we will be allowd to script our way out of this. I'm just a bit sad that, apparently, there was not a lot of effort put into looking at how the co-op community uses GR1.

I'm going to continue to have faith in Grin's ability, desire, and opportunity to resolve this :g_withgrin:

Got to agree with everyone about the SL autofail. However, I got one thing to add to the list for the squad leader....MAP GRIDS

It is painful trying to accurately steer a squad to tangos. I end up with...

Puros: 'Contact!'

Squad: 'Where'

Puros: 'Northwest next to plant thingy'

Squad: 'Got 20 plant thingy's, which one?'

Puros: 'The one that's shooting at you!!'

For SP I can accept no character switching.  But for COOP, the death of your team leader resulting in "game over", is not acceptable in a GR sequel.  COOP is the point of this thread, not SP.

I agree completely, being a mainly coop player this whole leader dies mission ends is a coop killer as far as i am concerned, not even including the fact that your team cant leave the leader and go off to far away or mission ends. There is no way i will want to put money into improving my computer specs and purchase graw as a coop game if this isnt changed, or other coop mission gametypes with out these features aren't introduced.

I hope grin Have a good vacation because from the feed back i have seen although they made a good looking game it appears there is still some work to do.

MAP GRIDS

It is painful trying to accurately steer a squad to tangos. I end up with...

Puros: 'Contact!'

Squad: 'Where'

Puros: 'Northwest next to plant thingy'

Squad: 'Got 20 plant thingy's, which one?'

Puros: 'The one that's shooting at you!!'

Direct teamates in co-op... I can hardly figure how to accuratly direct the AIs in SP...!!!

I agree.. Grids are going to be a must. I'm going to hop/pray that we will be able to retrofit these in, just as we had to do for GR1. The thing I have more trouble with is the very zoomed in and not very scrollable tacmap thing. Asbest I can fugure so far, I get the super closeup view, the 1-2 city block view, and the HUGE whole city view and that is all. For me, this limited set of views makes it unaturally difficult to get a sense of the tactical situation I am facing. Basically I can not zoom to a scale where I can see more than 1-2 paths to a goal, and I can not scroll to actually inspect a path to the goal that is 4-5 block away. As a result I end up following the straight line path as much as possible -- but not because I think it is a good path, rather because I can not see/evaluate the options from the map view.

Did I miss a button/option someplace? Or is this some bad technique to make it seem like there are options when in fact I am stuck on this very linear path?

another nice feature to have would be the abilty to join a game already in progress. provided there are open AI slots..

if you leave or get disconnected (and you're not the host, obviously) you are replaced by AI with the same kit. when you join a game already in progress you get to select which AI to replace.

would be a really great feature, as some of the missions are supposed to get pretty lengthy.

just wishful thinking..

In a 4 or however many coop mission, our team leadser is normally at the back with map up, watching the game progress.

With the Tc system this game uses is ideal.

How ever, if you have already lost a few of the Team playing after an hour or so and you are at end of mission nearly, and lose your Cpt, this indeed would be a mission coop killer in its self.

Protect your boss at all costs is a bit far maybe.

After playing a few games in this mod we might be able to give better feed back on this scenario.

It will depend on how this is implemented.

I am still keeping an open mind.

I didnt realise until reading this thread that was the case in COOP.

To me its about essential to change that like it was to bring back the limp in GR1!!!! :D

I think whats not good is the simple fact that you dont have a choice on it. Some may say that adds to tension etc, others will say it just to cut & dried to simply end becuase of 1 man (captain or not).

Maybe it would be good like old GR1 COOP missions that had a system built in that if your captain died the mission objective changes to finding another place on the map to extract as a back-up - "if it all goes belly up heres the get-out plan" ... then you can still have some fun working who will lead people left and getting to extraction safely. Plus having extraction somewhere on the map that wasnt too easy to get to either, then if you all get blasted you cant settle for that and you know what needs to be done the next time around.

In that way the captain can sulk for not being too carefull and the other players are happy as they can still play on. Otherwise if the player as captain isnt all that good it wont take long for the other team members to get a bit .... ummm ... "funny" with them.