Low framerate with good gfx card?

AMD 3500+

2 GB RAM

GF 7600GT

And i used onboard soundcard!

My framerate was ALWAYS (everything on low OR everything on high!) between 17-28!

Then i wanted to turn off the backround music and i also set the sound quality from high to medium.

And that gave me around 5-10 fps more!

Now i installed my old soundblaster and .. WOW!!

Framerate is always above 40 everything on high!! (And sound quality on exelent!)

So maybe the problem some people have with low framerates is because of useing the onboard sound?!

I tired it, switching form hardware to software. My specs are pretty low to begin with. Seemed like I got maybe 4 or 5 more fps. Really hard to tell without a time demo like doom3. I was just looking at fraps in the corner and running through the same section.

Specs:

Athlon 2400xp

geForce 6800 128meg

1 gig ram

Edited by Brettzies

hm i get 100+fps i got onboard card specs below

That's because of your graphics card.

I'm curious what resolution and graphics settings are you using to get 100+ fps?

I don't believe this game is multi-threaded, so not sure if it takes advantage of HT or dual-core systems. Anyone know if GRIN has commented on this yet?

yeah maybe its built for PT4 HT and not the bulky amd dual core stuff

P4 HT tech is basically having "virtual" dual cores. It should work the same as the 2 physical dual cores in a Athlon64 X2 or Pentium D system, but the physical dual cores should be faster.

AMD 3500+

2 GB RAM

GF 7600GT

And i used onboard soundcard!

My framerate was ALWAYS (everything on low OR everything on high!) between 17-28!

Then i wanted to turn off the backround music and i also set the sound quality from high to medium.

And that gave me around 5-10 fps more!

Now i installed my old soundblaster and .. WOW!!

Framerate is always above 40 everything on high!! (And sound quality on exelent!)

So maybe the problem some people have with low framerates is because of useing the onboard sound?!

Nice post, what driver are you using?

At first i used the drivers that came with my graphics card, then i tried the latest official drivers and the beat drivers .. was no big difference.

But now with my old soundblaster it runs soo nice!

Uk.Cobra, what gfx card do you have? (and what cpu and ram?) 100+ fps is realy high! did you use fraps or do you just think its 100+?

Edited by Jonny Mopped