AA-AF-HDR

not to burst ur bubble but there is nothing happening there, ur pc may slow because its trying to do AA, maybe? but ur not seeing AA there. i wish u were, atleast then someone would be getting AA but its not. Also I dont really think GRAW is all that good in the graphics dept, some of the building textures are great but the people are crappy.

everyone should go blow up a car and see what the smoke and reckage looks like midway through blowing up, that looks good, after its done burning its stinks again. anyone think an agea card is needed for good grphics? who wants HDR when u can get jaggies like in GR1?

also, in Lost Coast, the HL2 mini mod that includes a very very good dose of HDR, I am certain AA is on there. I used to make screen shots with it at like 16x (killed my fps, just did it for the effect).

I'll quote Desmond from GRIN:

"Ok, I'm not going to turn this into a Q&A thread, but I'll comment on this one thing, since so many are whining about it.

AA and deferred lighting (which is used in GRAW) are not compatible. It's a limitation of PC hardware, not the game."

Then how did you Uk.Cobra, enable AA?

wow thanks desmond, that's realllllly helpful. So erm, how do we enable AA instead of the lighting thing?

d'oh! :wall:

wow thanks desmond, that's realllllly helpful. So erm, how do we enable AA instead of the lighting thing?

d'oh!  :wall:

I agree with you rampanthamster, he shouldn't have said anything at all! :wacko:

He is on vaccation, you know. Let go.

Edited by JASGripen

I could be wrong but i thought i read with the ATI cards you can have both AA and HDR but with the NVIDIA cards you can"t

The NVidia 6000 and 7000 cards can with some combinations of HDR and AA. The ATI's 1000 line can in more combinations of HDR and AA. However, there are some types of HDR that no current card can combine with AA.

GR:AW, apparently, ( the demo, at least) can't manage it with any current card.

nvm i called them they said it sould come monday bad news its going to be cd-rom not DVD!!!! i canceled ebgames DVD rom and now i ordered on ubi charged as soon as i got it then to make it worst i cant cancel it so im screwed :(