Semper Fidelis - Marine Corps.........

Stalker_Zero

As i read along this thread, i'm, gettin confused...

So IT is Soldner after all, well it sure sounds a like a nice game .. still i see no screenies ..

What type of aircraft do they have?.. Are they stuntable?..

link to list of vehicles and info

thanx

wow... That is a massive list of vehicles .. bye bye too O.F then .. I wonder if GAMESTATION have it available ..

:grin1:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this game catches on.I have been playing last night and some today..It,s alot of fun.I just played a 20 on 20 .whats good about it is that you have such large maps.Makes for some tactical strategy..Flying is pissa...And free falling is great fun to,,..

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

First heard about the game yesterday from someone. Sounded pretty good, at least worth a trip to go check it out.

Walked into Wal-Mart this morning, found it, looked at the pictures-

Dubya Tee Eff? Soldner?

Scanned down for the dev/pub....... JoWood.

Ahhh

Long story short, I walked outta Wal-Mart with a few boxes of 9mm

:P

Edited by Zantar45

you confused me on that Zantar,,LOL,,,,I do beleave its the same as soldner.But its new to me .I have read it has been patched and new content aded. Anyway.It reminds me of OFp as I mentionend before,Not quite as tactical..But its fun,,,I have played on some servers lately with good people. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

On the first page to this thread, I have already stated that Semper Fidelis = Soldner. They've changed the name of the merchandise (although, the official website still reads Soldner, not Semper Fidelis).

I wonder if the marine corp expansion is included in Semper Fidelis. :shifty:

Does anyone know if Semper Fi and Soldner can work togheter online? Would be real stupid if it didn't I suppose.

On the first page to this thread, I have already stated that Semper Fidelis = Soldner. They've changed the name of the merchandise (although, the official website still reads Soldner, not Semper Fidelis).

I wonder if the marine corp expansion is included in Semper Fidelis. :shifty:

Does anyone know if Semper Fi and Soldner can work togheter online? Would be real stupid if it didn't I suppose.

Semper Fi initial version is, AFAIK, v33671. Soldner previous version was v33670, but they released a compatability patch now which brings Soldner to v33671. This means both games can now work together. Soldner patch v3371 only updates the version number, the patch does not include any updates.

Only first heard of Semper Fidelis a few days ago, didn't even know there was a thread on it until after I found out it was Soldner and checked out the PC section.

Was going to pick it up, but the Wal-Mart was closing because they were opening up a Super Wal-Mart down the road, and ammo was super cheap.:P

Most likely going to buy it on my next visit, unless something else catches my eye.

Edited by Zantar45

last night i was downloading it .. left my rig on half of teh night downloading the demo that is for original soldner ..

The Download corrupted after 60% :(

Stuff teh demo now .. lots of good reviews so im gonna trot along GAMESTATION or GAME to see if they got it ..

maybe this friday ..

I do beleave that if you already have soldner and you get al the patches it is the same as Marine corps. As far as the single player,yes the Ai is pretty bad. In single player mode it has a mission generator. This gives you a choice of several diferent types of missions to chose from on difernt maps. IE. hostage rescue. destroy , assinate. and a few more.

From what I read , it seems as though soldner was pretty rough when it came out. I dont no to much about the history about the game. But I think that Marine corps is trying to capture the North American audiance. There are several N . American servers going. I took a few days off from playing , But played last night. Great fun. But I do hope more people jump on the game. It has tons of potential. So its definatly worth checking out. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The thing that annoys me about the mission generator is that it only generates woodland or winter environments. The Soldner: Marine Corps (not Semper Fidelis Marine Corps) expansion added desert environments, and I would have liked to do some desert missions in SP, but the mission generator doesn't allow it. It's the same case with urban environments. Woodland, winter, urban and desert environments are all avilable in MP though.

Edited by WytchDokta

I'm confused, soldner is third person? marine corps is first person weapon view? anyway as far as i know its not for sale here in the UK. I went to marine corps game website clicked for info about the game and it links me to soldner website, i'm confused, haha.

I bought the GOLD EDITION, same as WD's i think..

soldner is 1st person when moving but when you equip your gun to shoot it changes to 3rd person .. its pretty awesome..

ive been playing it for like 4 hours.. I did some airstrikes and used alot of tanks lol .. It's so fun.. Airplanes and heli's need time gettin used to at the mo' not as easy to control as BF2 ones ..

Customised my own soldier

But a top game ..

Dunno what version(s) of the game you got, but with mine I can press "c" to switch between 1at and 3rd person view. However, in Soldner, there is no 3rd person view if you go prone - it automatically switched to 1st person view if you go prone. And I got Soldner, Soldner: Reloaded, Soldner: Marine Corps (those three are the gold edition) and all the latest patches yet all your guys version(s) switch views automatically? I could switch from 1st to 3rd person and vice versa (using the "c" key) right from the very original retail version of Soldner.

Choppers and planes are way easy to control by far, so I dunno where you're coming from there Squad_E (you're such a noob!)

BTW, if anyone needs any more camo schemes for Soldner, I have a pack of over 300 camo patterns for Soldner.

Well Squad_E, re: your request for a game.... I think we should get a bunch of us together for a game. You wanna lose play, then post here.

Edited by WytchDokta

Dunno what version(s) of the game you got, but with mine I can press "c" to switch between 1at and 3rd person view. However, in Soldner, there is no 3rd person view if you go prone - it automatically switched to 1st person view if you go prone. And I got Soldner, Soldner: Reloaded, Soldner: Marine Corps (those three are the gold edition) and all the latest patches yet all your guys version(s) switch views automatically? I could switch from 1st to 3rd person and vice versa (using the "c" key) right from the very original retail version of Soldner.

I can do that too as well .. Pressing the C Key changes my view's as well is what i was meant to say..

Well Squad_E, re: your request for a game.... I think we should get a bunch of us together for a game. You wanna lose play, then post here.

Well what you doin' this teusday?.. I've got enough time for a game then..

I think GR.NET should get a server up.. aparently a few peeps here have just got teh game..

Choppers and planes are way easy to control by far, so I dunno where you're coming from there Squad_E (you're such a noob!)

Maybe i put the mouse sensetivit-e too high like 100%, i will reduce it a few 10's see what happens then..

Edited by squad_e

I am down with that....This game has so much potential.Try flying the Little bird,,,,Its one Nasty ######.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You sure about that? Persoanlly, I find the Little Bird the easiest to fly. I can fly it chasing vehicles through forests at low level, weaving in and out of trees at high speed. I can insert troops with it bewteen building where the gap between buildings is only just bigger than the rotors....

Well what you doin' this teusday?.. I've got enough time for a game then..

This tuesday I will be training a new member of staff at work. She's quite a looker and it's just me and her scheduled to be in so it gives me time to implement my plan.... :shifty:

I got some Norwegian woodland camo here for Soldner.... It's just for you Moose!

I got some Norwegian woodland camo here for Soldner.... It's just for you Moose!

LOL, that's awsome! Got to test it, man!

Haven't played Soldner in a while now, but the chopper I like the most is the Chinese armed Dauphin helicopter. Not sure what it's called ingame. It's very easy to fly, all you need to do is to give full throttle and manouver it around with the mouse. Real good for n.o.e. flying.

LOL, that's awsome! Got to test it, man!

It already works, so no need to test it further, hehe.

I've got some to replace the originals too(the originals still show up in game as a camo selection though): British DPM woodland, British DPM desert, US woodland, US desert. Then I've got Belgian woodland, MarPat, Marpat Desert, CadPat, Auscam, Swedish woodland, Danish Flecktarn woodland, Danish Flecktarn desert, German Flecktarn, German Flecktarn desert, Lithuanian woodland, Yugoslavian "Splinter" woodland camo, Yugoslavian "Twig" woodland camo and various Russian woodland camos..... And they're all working in Soldner.

Nearly all of them badly require refining though.

You sure about that? Persoanlly, I find the Little Bird the easiest to fly. I can fly it chasing vehicles through forests at low level, weaving in and out of trees at high speed. I can insert troops with it bewteen building where the gap between buildings is only just bigger than the rotors....

Umm ,thats what I meant. Its fun to fly. And its a bad lil bird... :o=:o=:o=