Semper Fidelis - Marine Corps.........

Stalker_Zero

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw something about this too. I think it is made from the same people that did Close Combat: First to Fight. I wouldn't expect too much from it, but you never know...

The game features had me all excited til I saw the $20.00 price. Plus the fact that no one heard of the game til recently and the full retail game is going to be sold less than a month from now.

Major titles are usually like $50.00 bucks (unless the U.S. Army pays for it like America's Army) and people hear about it months in advance.

But, fully destructible environments supporting 125 players online with non-linear and creative missions and objectives seems incredible.......on the surface anyway.

No official website yet

thanks for posting, anything with the Corp I would like to know. :thumbsup:

This team based tactical FPS pits up to 125 online players against each other on a virtual battlefield measuring over 18 million square miles (in scale), created using actual satellite topography. Battle your way thru forests, deserts and island maps - ideal for tactical Marine combat. Players will have access to a lethal arsenal from the US, Russia, China, Japan and Europe. 80 personal weapons incorporating handguns, automatic rifles, sniper rifles and launchers, all based on the most current military technology. Many available classes including - Scout and Scuba diver. Teams will also have access to over 125 assault and transport vehicles, including amphibious attack crafts, helicopters, jets, trucks and tanks. Semper Fidelis – Marine Corps single player campaign challenges players to secure a variety of randomly generated objectives, from amphibious assault, hostage extraction (where rescued members join your assault team) to vehicle/item theft and assassination missions. The multiplayer component includes standard modes like Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch, Conquest and Capture the Flag, and adds Hostage Rescue, Extraction, Capture the Vehicle, Bomb Run and Conquest mode. These modes can be fully customized to incorporate daytime/nighttime combat as well as weather effects (rain, snow, fog/cloud cover).
Edited by Cpl Ledanek

Sounds just like Soldner - Marine Corps to me (except Soldner has like 3 tmes more weapons, and like 2 times as many vehicles than Semper Fidelis - Marine Corps).

Semper Fidelis – Marine Corps single player campaign challenges players to secure a variety of randomly generated objectives, from amphibious assault, hostage extraction (where rescued members join your assault team) to vehicle/item theft and assassination missions. The multiplayer component includes standard modes like Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch, Conquest and Capture the Flag, and adds Hostage Rescue, Extraction, Capture the Vehicle, Bomb Run and Conquest mode.

That IS exactly the same as Soldner.

EDIT: Are there any screenies of Semper Fidelis - Marine Corps anywhere?

Edited by WytchDokta

Sounds just like Soldner - Marine Corps to me (except Soldner has like 3 tmes more weapons, and like 2 times as many vehicles than Semper Fidelis - Marine Corps).

Semper Fidelis – Marine Corps single player campaign challenges players to secure a variety of randomly generated objectives, from amphibious assault, hostage extraction (where rescued members join your assault team) to vehicle/item theft and assassination missions. The multiplayer component includes standard modes like Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch, Conquest and Capture the Flag, and adds Hostage Rescue, Extraction, Capture the Vehicle, Bomb Run and Conquest mode.

That IS exactly the same as Soldner.

lol, that's what I thought too when I read that. Especially the part about rescued hostages joining your team.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this.

Semper Fidelis: Marine Corps IS Soldner, Soldner: Marine Corps and (AFAIK) the new content from the newest patch. So it's basically Soldner with all the add-ons but under a different name. It's also got a different publisher.

I think it's only to be released in the US, which make sense - Soldner: Marine Corps & Soldner Gold Edition were both never released in the US. In fact, I couldn't even find the gold edition anywhere here in the UK for months after it's release. I had to order mine off eBay. I have checked out the official game screenshots for Semper Fidelis: Marine Corps from the official site, and guess what? They are EXACTLY THE SAME screenshots as the official Soldner screenshots from the official Soldner website!

Edited by WytchDokta

Update on this.

Semper Fidelis: Marine Corps IS Soldner, Soldner: Marine Corps and (AFAIK) the new content from the newest patch. So it's basically Soldner with all the add-ons but under a different name. It's also got a different publisher.

I think it's only to be released in the US, which make sense - Soldner: Marine Corps & Soldner Gold Edition were both never released in the US. In fact, I couldn't even find the gold edition anywhere here in the UK for months after it's release. I had to order mine off eBay. I have checked out the official game screenshots for Semper Fidelis: Marine Corps from the official site, and guess what? They are EXACTLY THE SAME screenshots as the official Soldner screenshots from the official Soldner website!

Oh, that makes sense. Soldner got a lot of bad reviews so no wonder why they changed the name before the new release.

lol ok well that sucks.

Hey, check out the interstellar marines link from the E3 thread. Maybe we can make our own GR from its engine? :P

It's engine is UE3; we'd have better odds just modding ut2k7.

Really? I dunno. The visuals in the trailer was much more impressive than from what I've seen from games like Unreal Tournament 2007 or gears of war. Your sure? :blink:

lol ok well that sucks.

Hey, check out the interstellar marines link from the E3 thread. Maybe we can make our own GR from its engine? :P

I like what Americas Army has been doing with the unreal engine too. It's a good engine and can be worked to fit your needs.

lol ok well that sucks.

Really? I dunno. The visuals in the trailer was much more impressive than from what I've seen from games like Unreal Tournament 2007 or gears of war. Your sure? :blink:

They're far less impressive, if anything. Just a 'cleaner' art style.

And yeah, I'm sure. UE3.

Edit: Says so right here: http://www.interstellarmarines.com/im.php

WEll I just bought the game,,I needed something to mess with..The engine and graphics are a lil dated..Its kind of like Blackhawk Down. I havent really bit into it yet. I played online for about an hour..Huge Huge maps. Tons of weapons..I think it might be kinda good..It was definatly fun for what I played. And a hell of alot better than some of the more recent games I have tried. I am all about the Gameplay..Not an huge eyecandy person. I would rather have good gameplay than good graphics...thats why GR1 is still my favorite even now... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and for 19 bucks,,######,, :shifty::shifty:

Just going through the manuel right now,,,,there is so much stuff,,I am just wondering if it is all relavent,if it is,Its pretty deep....

Edited by 1madcow

WEll I just bought the game,,I needed something to mess with..The engine and graphics are a lil dated..Its kind of like Blackhawk Down. I havent really bit into it yet. I played online for about an hour..Huge Huge maps. Tons of weapons..I think it might be kinda good..It was definatly fun for what I played. And a hell of alot better than some of the more recent games I have tried. I am all about the Gameplay..Not an huge eyecandy person. I would rather have good gameplay than good graphics...thats why GR1 is still my favorite even now... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and for 19 bucks,,######,, :shifty::shifty:

Just going through the manuel right now,,,,there is so much stuff,,I am just wondering if it is all relavent,if it is,Its pretty deep....

Right on man, that's my entiments exactly. The maps are huger than "huge" you can fly for two hours in any direction and the maps don't repeat themselves once. it's awesome! And even though I've had this game since way before they changed it's name, I still can't the hang of flying the planes. Well, I can fly the Hercules fine (then bail out at 5,000 feet, freefall for bit then pop open my 'chute. It's awesome), and I'm ok with the VTOLS, but the jets I can't fly to save my life. Just a shame that the singleplayer AI trrops STILL use the fly cheat (yes, the AI cheat in singleplayer in this game), even in the latest patch. And for some reason, the AI don't like Little Birds in the new patch either, everytime I engage troops with my Little Bird, the all pop out rocket launchers (they can't shoot their rocket launchers for ###### though - they've never hit me once). If I engaged them with say and Apache, they won't use their rocket launchers.

I just reinstalled First to Fight, and I'm just moving along with it. Minus the Post Effect it almost feels like GRAW:

4-man team

team leader dies, game ends

can call for support (sniper/artillery/airsupport)

4-man coop/tvt

now this game caught my attention. Well actually, as cheap as I am, anything under $20 bucks got my attention.

I'll finish First to Fight and it looks like I'm picking this next.

Please tell me more about this game. What its like. I never went past mission 2 on OPF, so Im not quite there yet on the perspective of this game.

Thanks

Well for a start, every single mission is randomly generated. With the newest patch, the AI do actually persue you, especially the enemy Tunguskas, the AI are lethal with those things if you are in a ground vehicle. Enemy Tunguskas will ram you to death sometimes. if you rescue hostages they will join your team for the missions after that, and if they get killed that's it. You have something like nearly 200 hundred vehicles to choose from (and you can choose any amount of them in SP) from many of the worlds' countries (Russia, USA, France, Germany, Sweden, UK, China, Chech Republic). It's the same story with the weapons.

It's a really fun game, just a shame the AI is all screwed up - They left the "I" out of the AI though.... (saying that, you can have some good tank battles with enemy tanks, which can be hilarious especially when the enemy tank is trying to shoot down your chopper with it's cannon!)

I Been playin this on and off all day.It does kind of remind me of an improved OFP.I mean it has some of the same feel...If they could do a lil better with the AI it would be a great game. I have like maybe 6 or 7 hours in the game,,and I havent even really scratched the surfice....Some long load times it seems ,and the Ai lacking,,but there is alot of playability. It does have some feel like BF2..But it much more stealthier and much biger maps..I like it..Definatly worth the cash.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As i read along this thread, i'm, gettin confused...

So IT is Soldner after all, well it sure sounds a like a nice game .. still i see no screenies ..

What type of aircraft do they have?.. Are they stuntable?..

:thumbsup:

almost feels like GRAW:

4-man team

team leader dies, game ends

can call for support (sniper/artillery/airsupport)

4-man coop/tvt

thanks for the spoiler, i assume .. :rolleyes:

Moose, the newest vehicles which came with the latest patch aren't on that list. They are, AFAIR:

Hummer/TOW, Comanche Anti-Air, another type of Apache (ground support?), Medevac BlackHawk, Black Hawk with rockets, Landrover/Machinegun, MLRS, M113 APC, DPV (desrt patrol vehicle) and B2. Also there was new MP5 and MP5 SD models with scopes, SCAR-L and a new skin (all black) for the XM8.