GRAW made with nvidia support?

I thought this whole time GRAW was built using nivida as its made graphical support... but instead it is ATI.. i never read this anywhere... i swear it was always mentioned that GRAW was gonna run better on nvidia cards. (correct me if im wrong)

Also, colin when u and zeroalpha got the preview of GRAW, you said that they were using a 6800GS if im not mistaken.. How did the GRAW you saw run?? Did it look good??? Do you think they had AA enabled?? was it running at a decent framerate, and look good???

just came to me as i have a 256MB 7800GTX, and it runs kinda sluggish on med.

thanks

just came to me as i have a 256MB 7800GTX, and it runs kinda sluggish on med.

:unsure: Something must not be just right as I'm playing it on high settings at 1152X864 and my PC is the same as yours except I only have 1GB Corsair XMS Ram and a P4 3.6.

I got everything maxed at 1280x1024 and im loving it!!!

Just download the nvidia beta and everthing is slick!!!

I only got a 7800gt too!

:g_withgrin:

Best drivers and also latest drivers are these:

English only:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/84.43/8...p2k_english.exe

International:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/84.43/8...ternational.exe

I have everything running at max setting by editing the xml myself and game runs smooth as silk on my 7800GS 256mb

Dawn

I thought this whole time GRAW was built using nivida as its made graphical support... but instead it is ATI.. i never read this anywhere... i swear it was always mentioned that GRAW was gonna run better on nvidia cards. (correct me if im wrong)

Actually both Manufacturers were involved, if you have an ATI card you should get the ATI logo on the Intros and NV if you got NV. Also if you look thru the credits you will see both Teams are represented

Actually both Manufacturers were involved, if you have an ATI card you should get the ATI logo on the Intros and NV if you got NV. Also if you look thru the credits you will see both Teams are represented

I have an NV card but get the ATI splash screen.???

I know a few guys that took part in the the in-house testing at GRIN and they have varying reviews of performance. Unfortunately they weren't able to confirm specs of the machines they used. Other than to say soem serious high end machines were okay but mid range stuff 'struggled' :(

Edited by FatmanDaz

You are right that GRIN had support from both ATI and Nvidia, as most other dev teams do

However, ATI logo shows up on all configs (on both my 6800GT and X800XT)

30-40 fps is not considered "sluggish" to some people - I suspect that is what most folks are getting around here unless they have SLI.

It would be good for people to post their actual FPS instead of just saying "sluggish" or "smooth as silk" as that's all subjective ... ;)

30-40 fps is not considered "sluggish" to some people - I suspect that is what most folks are getting around here unless they have SLI.

It would be good for people to post their actual FPS instead of just saying "sluggish" or "smooth as silk" as that's all subjective ...  ;)

30-40 is sluggish to me. Anything under 50 is usually pretty noticable. My system runs probably an average of 35 at 1024. Due to the speed of the game though it's not too bad. If things moved a lot faster it would suck.