FULL GAME FEEDBACK ONLY

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TaLoN.TP

Please, Oh please add a quicksave button in the patch. Seriously, I appreciate the "appealing to hardcore" thing, but man I really dont wanna play the same 15 min section over and over until I get it right or get lucky. I dont have that much time anymore. Please and Thanks.

Yes as far as the single player game this would be my only gripe. So far I think the game is great! As far as the game as a hole please ad an igor!!!!!! :g_guns:

Only a limited number of quicksaves, then? How about that? Otherwise the temptation would be there for you to hit quicksave everytime you get scared or just do it every few metres like I used to in the later missions in [GR] :whistle:

Remove the "wait for everyone to be ready" for domination, it's pointless to be in dom. it should be in co-op. It's not needed, and sometimes people go AFK during loads, etc. and don't ready, ruining the game for everyone else, get rid of this.

Remove the "wait for everyone to be ready" for domination, it's pointless to be in dom. it should be in co-op. It's not needed, and sometimes people go AFK during loads, etc. and don't ready, ruining the game for everyone else, get rid of this.

It's not pointless, it's there for a reason. It's a server option, so if one person can hold up a whole server, then find a better set up public server to play in. The option exists for ladder matching to ensure that the map cannot start with only one team ready to go.

I'm talking here about weapon kickback, reticule the same position when shooting - it should go up... even XM8 gives a kickback when shooting.

pardon me, but the SAW weighs 27.6 pounds, the weapon for which the XM8 is modeled after weighs 7-8 pounds. The lighter weapon would have perceived recoil: the heavy weapon would still have recoil, but it is not percieved the same way because of the weight. Understand also that the 5.56 fires a .22 cal. round at mich higher velocities than a ".22" round. Greentip (62 grains) is heavier than XM193, but we're still talking about a very light round. Contrast the 62 grain greentip with a 230 grain round fired from a .45 handgun...you will feel more recoil because of the mass of the .45 round leaving the muzzle.

I'm talking here about weapon kickback, reticule the same position when shooting - it should go up... even XM8 gives a kickback when shooting.

pardon me, but the SAW weighs 27.6 pounds, the weapon for which the XM8 is modeled after weighs 7-8 pounds. The lighter weapon would have perceived recoil: the heavy weapon would still have recoil, but it is not percieved the same way because of the weight. Understand also that the 5.56 fires a .22 cal. round at mich higher velocities than a ".22" round. Greentip (62 grains) is heavier than XM193, but we're still talking about a very light round. Contrast the 62 grain greentip with a 230 grain round fired from a .45 handgun...you will feel more recoil because of the mass of the .45 round leaving the muzzle.

EDIT - you have several people in this forum who have fired the SAW, as I have. Opinions mahy differ, but I think the game represents the SAW fairly well.

Only a limited number of quicksaves, then? How about that? Otherwise the temptation would be there for you to hit quicksave everytime you get scared or just do it every few metres like I used to in the later missions in [GR] :whistle:

That's not a bad idea. Like I said in another thread, there should be two kind of modes in SP and MP. 'Normal' and 'realistic'. In realistic mode there should be more punishment when getting shoot, and why not, no quicksaves.

In normal mode the current punishment can ramain, but add a limited number of quicksaves.

Then everyone is pleased! :grin3:

i hope this is in right spot, i do own the retail game, but can not join some of the multi player sessions, and the one's i can, i get to the inv' screen but when i try to go into the game i sit on a BLACK SCREEN and go no further, and for Co_op games its the same responce !!!

But i am able to host games and it works fine for me and most others manage to join and start with me, and some get caught on the BLACK SCREEN too !!

Has anyone got any idea's on this problem, PLEASE !!!

And i've put the new 1.20 patch in too, but for me it's same ol' same ol'

:ph34r::g_guns::g_guns:

I am totally enjoying the SP portion of this game. I, at first, wanted a "quick save" option, but now (after beating the game on "easy?"), I am glad that the game doesn't have it. My only wish is that "Allen" :g_withgrin::g_withgrin: (the sniper) had the 10 rd box magazine for the sniper rifle. In 2013, I don't think that there would be any "single shot" weapons around.

If you knew anything about weaponry, you would know the 5.56mm round has close to no recoil whatsoever.

OK, I'll give that when prone (ie, supporting the weapon on its bipod legs) the weapon's recoil is minimal. But firing from the shoulder standing fully upright is a different animal altogether. I agree that the recoil can be tweeked.

And it can be tweeked LATER. Get the big stuff outta the way for now, eh? And if the little things matter, then ask the modders (like agent smith) to do something about it.

I don't know jack about that code stuff. I just play.

I am totally enjoying the SP portion of this game. I, at first, wanted a "quick save" option, but now (after beating the game on "easy?"), I am glad that the game doesn't have it. My only wish is that "Allen" :g_withgrin::g_withgrin: (the sniper) had the 10 rd box magazine for the sniper rifle. In 2013, I don't think that there would be any "single shot" weapons around.

An unfortunate consequence of magazine-fed weapons is that they can potentially cause very small (even microscopic) imperfections in each round as it is chambered. The mechanical process of moving the round from the magazine to the chamber cuases some friction, and it's one more variable that can cause a round's trajectory to be knocked off. SURE, we're talking about splitting a split hair here, but when you have to consistently the very tip-top of some dude's head over a cement wall at 400 meters to make the mission succeed, every tiny hundredth of a minute of angle matters. A centimeter of deviation at those ranges can make a difference. Hence the sniper rifle shown here is fed by hand. CAUTIOUSLY fed by hand. I can accept that compromise, especially since I can rarely get Allen to shoot at anything outside the beginning of Mission #2.

• 2 weeks later...

i hope this is in right spot, i do own the retail game, but can not join some of the multi player sessions, and the one's i can, i get to the inv' screen but when i try to go into the game i sit on a BLACK SCREEN and go no further, and for Co_op games its the same responce !!!

But i am able to host games and it works fine for me and most others manage to join and start with me, and some get caught on the BLACK SCREEN too !!

Has anyone got any idea's on this problem, PLEASE !!!

And i've put the new 1.20 patch in too, but for me it's same ol' same ol'

:ph34r::g_guns::g_guns:

I was going to edit this above post , but could find no edit button, but no prob's

I need to ADVISE !!! I HAVE FIXED BLACK SCREEN ISSUE !!!!!

well at least for me, that is !!, it was caused by my broadband router, it filters UDP's and was not allowing some to pass through, as soon as i unhooked the router and used my old broadband modem i am able to join MP games coop and others....

i hope this will be for help to others and also some good news to GRIN too !!!

my games are fairly solid in play, and even with the few small AI problems, i am enjoying GR:AW more eveyday

THANKS... :grin1::g_withgrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi'ya,.

played the game 'SP' right through and am just starting the second, but this time i'm noticing four main points that really anoy me,

No.1, i'm a sniper player and the .50cal should be good for shots at 1000m at least, but in the game you can't see people past about 350m (playing the game at full settings)

No.2, which follows on from #1, at the range the .50cal can take a shot the AI players can see me and shot me with smaller cal guns,.. doesn't feel real.

No.3, which also partly follow on from #2, AI players can see me almost straight away in nearly any situation and get a shot in with in half a second of poking my head out, from half way accross the map, through trees that i can't see through and i'm standing in a very dark shadow that i can't see players standing in,.. it's like the AI can see though trees and doesn't see shadow and if it's got line of site it instantly knows and takes the shot,.. doesn't feel real.

No.4, i'm getting anoyed of babysitting my team, i tell them to move 5m ahead and they run off the other way in a massive arc or C shape down the main high street getting the cr@p shot out of themself to get to a point just in front of me,...,,. :wall:

i have to say though apart from this i love the game,. and flying in over the city in "mayday mayday..!" is awsome.. :)

Edited by Capt_MonkeyBoy

No.3, which also partly follow on from #2, AI players can see me almost straight away in nearly any situation and get a shot in with in half a second of poking my head out, from half way accross the map, through trees that i can't see through and i'm standing in a very dark shadow that i can't see players standing in,.. it's like the AI can see though trees and doesn't see shadow and if it's got line of site it instandly know so and takes the shot,.. doesn't feel real.

Don't run.

No.4, i'm getting anoyed of babysitting my team, i tell them to move 5m ahead and they run off the other way in a massive arc or C shape down the main high street getting the cr@p shot out of themself to get to a point just in front of me,...,,. :wall:

It's not babysitting. They take care of themself (taking cover etc). They simply won't go exactly where you want them to, but that's not babysitting, just annoying ;)

For more precise orders, use the tac-map. Orders through the cross com is more like "go in that direction", then they take cover at, what they think, the best spot.

Tip. Don't run to much or the enemy will spot you more easily. Use the tac-map for precise order giving. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

cheers man..!

yeah figgered stance and speed had an effect on how fast they can see you, but i'm talking just as i poke my head out from behind a building from 300m away taking an instant shot, just feels a bit unreal, a person would need time to notice, get there gun up, aim, and fire, it would take more than half a sec,...

also from though a tree (so you can even see where your being shot at from)

Edited by Capt_MonkeyBoy

cheers man..!

yeah figgered stance and speed had an effect on how fast they can see you, but i'm talking just as i poke my head out from behind a building from 300m away taking an instant shot, just feels a bit unreal, a person would need time to notice, get there gun up, aim, and fire, it would take more than half a sec,...

also from though a tree (so you can even see where your being shot at from)

I can agree that they spot you way to easy some times. However, if they spot you peek behind a building, try to find another way around. They will keep aiming at the point they last saw you and shoot if they see someone peek. If they hit you it doesn't mean they have unatural aim, you simply moved in to their line of fire.

Now that's just another tip when fighting the "unnaturally strong" AI :grin3:

Edited by Hockeystick

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this must have been mentioned somewhere (but I can't find a relevant post on it) so here goes:

Do the AI characters actually use their secondary weapons?

specifically when their main gun is out of ammo?

I get sick of shooting my guys when they start yelling "RELOADING" every 2 seconds even though i've given them an mp5 (which they never use)

I find that brown uses all his ammo when given anything other than the SAW to play with.

maybe this can be scripted into AI behaviour

I'm sure this must have been mentioned somewhere (but I can't find a relevant post on it) so here goes:

I get sick of shooting my guys when they start yelling "RELOADING" every 2 seconds even though i've given them an mp5 (which they never use)

I find that brown uses all his ammo when given anything other than the SAW to play with.

A lot of people mention this but it has never happend to me :P

However, I don't want it to happen so please GRIN, fix it. GRIN_THORMO, this is your terretory.

Anyway, I have another problem... well not really a problem but it happens all the time after the latest patch. The game "crash" when I quit the game. I get 2 crash reports (or w/e it's called) when I quit the game. I think Oblivion had similar crashes.

It doesn't affect gameplay but it's anoying :wall:

A lot of people mention this but it has never happend to me :P

However, I don't want it to happen so please GRIN, fix it. GRIN_THORMO, this is your terretory.

Anyway, I have another problem... well not really a problem but it happens all the time after the latest patch. The game "crash" when I quit the game. I get 2 crash reports (or w/e it's called) when I quit the game. I think Oblivion had similar crashes.

same here

Edited by chainbreaker

Yes, they do. What version of the game are you running? There have been changes to Ghost/hostile AI throughout the patches.

Yes it can. See data/sb_templates/sb_ghost_ai_data.xml

Yeah, I've had them use those weapons. Not as frequently as I'd like in some cases (Allen using his sniper rifle on a target 5 meters away, Kirkland being cuatious about pulling out that missile) but they DO. Kirkland I always send in with a GL, and he uses it pretty commonly when appropriate. I HAVE seen some AI improvement since the beginning, or maybe it's just that I've learned to better use them since...

I have this same issue, and I believe I read somewhere that it has to do with the latest nVidia drivers. Are you using the 91.31 drivers?

I have this same issue, and I believe I read somewhere that it has to do with the latest nVidia drivers. Are you using the 91.31 drivers?

I running ATI drivers and have the same problem...

I'm running XFX Nvidia 6800gt 256mb ddr3 AGP on intel p4 asus 800 mother board and one gig memory have grahic settings as high as they'll go runs smooth but graphics quality not the best. looking at ghosts uniforms you get strang flickering effect on the cloth.

i am not that impressed with the game i think that they have lost alot of the winning qualities of the old game. perhaps its just my expectation after all i have been waiting nearly three years. :)

Long time GR1 player here. Been playing GRAW for a few days and heres my take.

Compared to GR1 it is terrible. I loved GR1 for it's simplicity.

In some cases GR1 is more realisitic. In Gr1 when a bullet hits you you breathe a little harder and your body jumps back from the bullet hitting you. In GRAW you would never know you got hit.

You can't shoot on the run in GRAW...whats up with that? Even in real life I would be able to fire a gun running albeit less accurate.

The multiplayer play is horrible compared to GR1.

The maps are terrible. Too many dead end corners and the maps are huuuuge.

Why do I have to "buy" my weapons? What is this counterstrike?

The game plays very similar to call of duty. If I wanted Call of Duty I would of bought Call of Duty. I really was hoping that GRAW would be a close extension of GR1 which might be one of the best MP games of all time.

Very disappointed in how it compares to GR1 but it's a decent game as long as you don't compare it to GR1.

I totaly agree with you i have played GR1 for many years love all the mods guys have come up with and love the reality of it only gripe i ever had with gr1 was lack of weapon in view. however the GRAW play is not at all realistic with all the hype the surrounded the pC version release i was expecting somthing a lot better. i think GRAW has lost the winning qualities the game used to have and has now becom just a run of the mill Call of Duty type game limited maps limited weapons no real info about the mission. they have missed the mark with this one sorry guys

No real info about the mission. True, but the only people who read the mission briefings in [GR] were the "hardcore" people (like me :P and you I guess). My experience (from [GR]) was that most people just typed GO GO GO! then just ran around shooting everything without thinking what they were doing. People tended to play coop just until the server filled up then someone would join and start saying "teams" and the server would be changed to TvT. For every 1 person wanting coop, there seems to be 10 people wanting TvT. Maybe they didn't see the point in writing out detailed mission briefings cos the majority of people just didnt read them. In the same way that the majority of people didn't/don't use the map very often.

As for hype surrounding the PC version... Hmmm. Not too sure about that one. The only hype I remember was on this site, with people wondering when it'd be out. Most of the hype I saw/heard was of people talking about the 360 and how great the cross-com would be. I'm sure somebody thought the PC version would be better than the 360 version... I can't comment on that as I haven't got the console. But I haven't heard much moaning about the console version... have you?