FULL GAME FEEDBACK ONLY

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing this game for a week or so and I agree with many of the negative posts about the game. I loved the original GR, but I don't find this game as flowing as the original or as much fun. I'm quite disppointed.

I have dual-core processors and dual nv7800gtx', so the game plays sweet, but I dont think the gfx are that good at 1280x1024.

First impressions:

The ai is dumb as are your team mates sometimes. (SP)

Do away with the drone, I don't want to see where all the nme are (when it does show then that is). (SP).. I wanna be surprised.

You can one-shot the nme, pity they can't. The hit detection seems suspect. One-shot in leg and 2 for headshots sometimes.

The rubber recoil effect.

The line of sight when prone, unless nme can fly. No point in having prone as it is.

Mulitplayer:

The interface is a joke, possibly the worst i've seen to date.

Gamespy sucks - direct ip connections please (like before).

Long load times.

Allow who hosts in co-op to switch characters, this stunts and inhibits the captains role, he/she may actually wanna play the game, not hang back to avoid dying and spoiling it for the rest of us (not everyone is good in this game).

Only 4 players!

Don't think I'll be able to play domination as most in uk don't have fast upstream speeds.

Hope patches and added content in the future make the game a much better playing experience, especially mulitplayer.

I personally think the game is a great game!! I got like soo bored of CS :S then got GRAW and found it an amazing game, although AI can be improved, I like the health system, Cross-Com, etc etc the hud and all, its great "realistic" of course physics are accounted for in the game, but not much since i don't have a physX card. What I might expect for in the future would probably be a "ghost walk" for the Ghosts, like even when you walk, you make sounds which is too noisy and spoils the stealth in MP, like in games like Counter Strike, once you walk, its silent, in the army and cadets they teach us how to walk basically silently or noise reduction is to an abosulte max. Otherwise great graphics, great sounds, gamespy sucks, more fixing of bugs for MP, more weapons, like I'm totally biased in using the SCAR L and H, maybe a new cool weapon can be introduced? I doubt it but jsut a suggestion, also flash bang, infrared vision, and more actions that your own ghost team can do. Otherwise keep up the great work!! Awesome game!!

No way does GRAW natch up with the COD lineup.The sniper scope is adjustable.When one looks down a two mile street with GRAW's weapons he/she is lucky to see a gun flash.If one does he/she is dead.No quick saves.No saves what so ever til one reachs a specific map

area,and it has to be the developers area of a map.Even with the long and boreing stradegys,if one goes out to far on a map.A general comes on telling you your outside your limits.Get a life guys shessssshs.In the real world if a team member replied to a order negative or no shot now captain that person would be shot for insubordination probably on the spot! The complaints far out number the compliments for this game.Not everyone can

afford a high end computer for this sad attempt.The team members run around doing what they please after orders are givin.All the marketing hype makes the gamer belive that GRAW

is the gamers dream come true.Save you money folks other than really great grphics,the game is far from ready to be unleashed on the gaming world.Maybe in the next few years GRAW will have working weapon scopes and game saves for the gamer and not the developer.But then again some gamers will probably still be playing the games pathetic levels trying to get to a check point so they can move up to the next level.Eight playable maps does not constitute a fifty dollar bill.Save your money guys/gals.

Mmm, guess you're having trouble playing GRAW in your system, aye kip?

There are, undoubtably, aspects of the game that will satisfy some and not others. Add to that, the pressure on GRIN to produce a playable game to a deadline (second deadline) and it becomes obvious that things were left out. Let's see what the patch produces!

There are several things that most agree with. The lack of options in MP, clumsy weapon selection, friendly AI's 'stupid moments', Capt Mitchell's 'superman' ability to take hits and,

The need for many to upgrade hardware to get the best out of GRAW.

Despite all that, I still think GRAW is well on the way to becoming another GR1.

Mike.

Ha! update: I replaced a Radeon 9800 PRO with a X850XT and got improvements but yesterday it started to produce bad 'artifacts', based around the aiming reticule, which made the game unplayable within seconds. I've re-installed GRAW and it's ok, at the moment, but still the odd graphics corruption. Anybody else had this?

Edited by tecmic

Please, at the very least; incorporate minimal proper standard mod support:

Official Bundle Unpacker/Repacker

For the sake of Fans of the game and Mods; Mod Developers can easily extract 'bundle files' and we're comfortable with all the file editing and shuffling to make a Mod work, it's the sort of thing we love and do... But, extracted bundle files is a Mod installation and management nightmare for the 'End User' that is not in the least Gamer friendly making Mods on GRAW a awkward or in the best case a non-standarized proposition.

That there is already a community developed tool for bundle extraction one would think the Developer would want proper tools in the channel so that Fan created content can be distriubted in a way that puts their product in the best light...

A cardinal rule of marketing applies as much here as anywhere else: 'make your product as easy to use and as accessible as possible' -- if Mods are not easy to access and use on GRAW, people are not going to download and use them, and those same people are going to go elsewhere to satisfy their itch for variety and novelty...

Proper & Working Mod Path

Again, while Mod Developers have found clever work-arounds using localization hacks; it's simply ridiculous that GRAW does not incorporate a proper, standardized and working Mod path like the RSE games it's derived from and so many other popular games and engines from the likes of Valve, Epic, id Software, BI, DICE and even small 'value game' Developers. A proper Mod Path will make installing and managing mods a clean, simple and most importantly uniform process making Mods much easier for the end User to install, uninstall, manage, and use...

Basic Documentation

Make modding GRAW a fun and progressive proposition for enthusiastic and capable Mod Talents rather then a painful exercise in hacking and wasted time in guess work... Even rinky-dink 'value game' Developers mange this much... Put the game and the massive marketing resources of a thriving Mod audience to work with a proper jump start.

Even if GRIN can't, or has no desire to do these and similar things out of consideration of their Fans; they can at the very least do (or justify the work to their Publisher) out of self-interest and the desire to get some lead time, to establish their game, and the marketing benefit of a strong Mod community -- against what should by now be rather obvious and potent competition...

:ermm:

Edited by Waika

We are listening to your requests - haven't you read what's coming in the upcoming patches?. We just really don't care for the "it's not coming fast enough", "why should this 'simple' feature take so long" type of responses.

ok so while reading that I see.

Deathmatch is added, but Team Deathmatch not till later this summer.....

Team Deathmatch is whats needed. Its required for the ladders to start. Its better we have TDM first.

"Ubisoft’s desire has always been to listen to the GR community and take into consideration their expectations and desires. That is the reason why today Ubisoft is releasing an immediate patch and revealing new free multiplayer content to be released throughout the summer for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on PC."

This part is particually funny on Ubi's side. Nothing to do with you guys. But they are full of ######, they could care less about the GR community.

It says anticheat fixes.....

Well what exactly are anticheat fixes. What about a real AC like PB, ya know?

Anti Aliasing feature?

I thought you said it wasnt possible since its a hardware limitation....

New coop maps? Will these maps work for MP too because thats really whats needed.

Dedicated server files comming later too?

They are needed first just like TDM so that the ladders can start. So that multiplayer can start.

I'm running XFX Nvidia 6800gt 256mb ddr3 AGP on intel p4 asus 800 mother board and one gig memory have grahic settings as high as they'll go runs smooth but graphics quality not the best. looking at ghosts uniforms you get strang flickering effect on the cloth.

i am not that impressed with the game i think that they have lost alot of the winning qualities of the old game. perhaps its just my expectation after all i have been waiting nearly three years. :)

Long time GR1 player here. Been playing GRAW for a few days and heres my take.

Compared to GR1 it is terrible. I loved GR1 for it's simplicity.

In some cases GR1 is more realisitic. In Gr1 when a bullet hits you you breathe a little harder and your body jumps back from the bullet hitting you. In GRAW you would never know you got hit.

You can't shoot on the run in GRAW...whats up with that? Even in real life I would be able to fire a gun running albeit less accurate.

The multiplayer play is horrible compared to GR1.

The maps are terrible. Too many dead end corners and the maps are huuuuge.

Why do I have to "buy" my weapons? What is this counterstrike?

The game plays very similar to call of duty. If I wanted Call of Duty I would of bought Call of Duty. I really was hoping that GRAW would be a close extension of GR1 which might be one of the best MP games of all time.

Very disappointed in how it compares to GR1 but it's a decent game as long as you don't compare it to GR1.

I totaly agree with you i have played GR1 for many years love all the mods guys have come up with and love the reality of it only gripe i ever had with gr1 was lack of weapon in view. however the GRAW play is not at all realistic with all the hype the surrounded the pC version release i was expecting somthing a lot better. i think GRAW has lost the winning qualities the game used to have and has now becom just a run of the mill Call of Duty type game limited maps limited weapons no real info about the mission. they have missed the mark with this one sorry guys

I dont know if this is the right place to post this as i cant find a TECH SPEC ISSUES thread or similar...must clean glasses.

I have a bitmap alpha issue with the trees. see below.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5923/untitled13fb1.jpg

Moderator Edit: Large Image Changed to Link

Sorry about image size but I have to copy n paste to clipboard each time...no screenshot feature still to help in reporting issues visually.

The chooper in the tree issue is fixed in the v1.10 patch but i still have the tree leaves issue?!

P4 3.4 HT

1 GB 3200 DDR

Ati X600 pro 256

30 GB SATA HD

Catalyst drivers 06.4

...hope it manges to get resolved soon.

Edited by Ruin

I dont know if this is the right place to post this as i cant find a TECH SPEC ISSUES thread or similar...must clean glasses.

I have a bitmap alpha issue with the trees. see below.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5923/untitled13fb1.jpg

Moderator Edit: Large Image Changed to Link

Sorry about image size but I have to copy n paste to clipboard each time...no screenshot feature still to help in reporting issues visually.

The chooper in the tree issue is fixed in the v1.10 patch but i still have the tree leaves issue?!

P4 3.4 HT

1 GB 3200 DDR

Ati X600 pro 256

30 GB SATA HD

Catalyst drivers 06.4

...hope it manges to get resolved soon.

Done./Sent

Although DOM mode is not my normal preferred type of multiplayer, I have an idea that might make it a little more bearable. Why not allow at the beginning players to select any weapon they want. Once they have selected their kit, set the Tac points at 0. This way if a sniper wanted to start the game and sit back and provide cover for other players, he could ... until he was killed. Now if he wanted his sniper rifle back he has to go and capture enough zones to do this. I know this will cause some people to play a little more conservative in the beginning, but I have rarely seen a game where a player doesn't die. Just a suggestion. Usually I run like hell in the beginning to get enough tac points until I get the weapon I want, then I start to play carefully, like I would have in the old GR, because I don't want to lose my weapon.

Please, Oh please add a quicksave button in the patch. Seriously, I appreciate the "appealing to hardcore" thing, but man I really dont wanna play the same 15 min section over and over until I get it right or get lucky. I dont have that much time anymore. Please and Thanks.

There are few chat bugs which need addressed I have not seen mentioned. More then half the time I send a chat my weapon fires one round afterward. My fire key is binded to my spacebar which might have something to do with the bug. I'm not sure, but can test further. It shouldn't be doing this regardless. Also, when zoomed in and sending a chat you lose your zoom for a second when the chat is sent, then the zoom comes back. That needs fixed as well. Also, when playing the mp coop mission Strong Point for instance, as the server player my chat does not work from the load out screen after hitting the raly point. The clients on my server don't have this problem. When getting back in game my chat box shows what I tried typing, then I have to hit enter. For those that use comms I do as well, but chat is still a crucial element of the game. It allows you to keep comms traffic quiet and is essential for random pickup games. It would be great to see these bugs addressed in the next patch or one after that.

I haven't finished the single player game yet but what I've played so far seems fairly reasonable. I'll not bother to re-iterate all the complaints about the team's AI. I can more or less work around it. A quick-save rather than checkpoint-save would have been nice though.

However, having spent a fair bit of time playing the co-op game I can honestly say that there are aspects of it that are flawed.

Whoever is the commander cannot get killed without terminating the mission. This means that they inevitably wind up behind any action. This would be fine if they actually had input into the game they are hosting, but in reality they do not.

As a commander you can set way points, and give orders till you are blue in the face but you can guarantee that the other players in the game already know where the bad guys are and/or have their own "tried and tested" routes through a given level. This means that the role of the commander is simply to "not get killed" while the squad has all the fun.

At best you can mark snipers and targets using the yellow Waypoint marker. Which since you can only have 1 waypoint is somewhat limiting. But at least you can put it anywhere.

So, for co-op I think I'd make the following changes:

• Add a 1 or 2 use "med-kit" item that can be carried instead of extra ammo/grenades. This would heal a team member in the event of damage.
  • Allow the commander to mark multiple targets to attack anywhere on the map (4 would be sufficient) even if they are not visible via the "red diamonds". This will allow the commander to mark snipers. Giving the commander a "permanent" drone might be an easy fix here.
  • Create a server option that gives the "team" a number of lives. When all these lives are used up the mission is over. It doesn't matter if they were all used by the same player or shared between the players. The squad should live and die as a team with this option set.

Guest Jace11

Some Bugs/Errors for GRIN to fix for patch...

Found a little bug on the multiplayer map Avenues, some missing textures allowing you to see (and maybe shoot - didn't try it) through levels near the centre of map...

rooftex9uv.th.jpg

Sound problems: my audigy4 soundcard often has sounds disappearing during firefights, my gun usually can't be heard if several other things happen at once..

The Stats on the SCAR L in the inventory screen are wrong, its capacity is 30 not 60 rounds

Generally really happy with game though, netplay is pretty good, SP enemy AI is a bit static, graphics are great (needs antialiasing - I see joins between surface meshes quite often)

Maybe add a few more weapons, or weapon add-ons, new MP maps etc..

But loving it...

• 2 weeks later...

My gripes:

weapon innaccuracies:

-totally overlooked is the M16 family of weapons, although I suspected it might be due to licensing issues w/ Colt. Still, I miss my M4!

-Optics selection for all weapons is also mediocre. Operators should be able to choose between aimpoints, eotechs, and more! An ACOG Trijicon is my preferred medium-range optic for CQB. It was in Ravenshield. Why not here?

-backup ironsights should be mounted on weapons that have optic sights, just folded down. This is for redundency, in case the sight malfunctions, runs out of batteries, is damaged, etc...

-I want at least one .45 caliber sidearm, preferrably a modified 1911! Now that's a caliber with some chest hair!

-only one sniper rifle, and not one preferrable for engagements closer than 200 meters(ie city fighting). Semi-autos are preferred in a caliber such as 7.62. The SCAR rifle is a modular weapons platform. It has a swapable sniper variant. Why isn't it here?

Operator/Team innaccuracies:

Yes, they are wearing the next-gen stuff, but aside from the cross-com/HUD helmet, it's still just another PALS/MOLLE modular platform(it's actually available for sale). Knowing that, I can see that the modular pouches they are wearing are innappropriate for their weapons loadout.

-SAW gunner has no SAW pouches, only M4 pouches and General Purpose/medic pouches.

-no pistol mag pouches visible on any operator, either.

-40mm pouches non-existent

-teammates do not utilize grenades, sidearms or any other accessories, except for the Zeus! There should be a grenade command in this game, somewhere.

...more later

Please, at the very least; incorporate minimal proper standard mod support:

Official Bundle Unpacker/Repacker

For the sake of Fans of the game and Mods; Mod Developers can easily extract 'bundle files' and we're comfortable with all the file editing and shuffling to make a Mod work, it's the sort of thing we love and do... But, extracted bundle files is a Mod installation and management nightmare for the 'End User' that is not in the least Gamer friendly making Mods on GRAW a awkward or in the best case a non-standarized proposition.

That there is already a community developed tool for bundle extraction one would think the Developer would want proper tools in the channel so that Fan created content can be distriubted in a way that puts their product in the best light...

A cardinal rule of marketing applies as much here as anywhere else: 'make your product as easy to use and as accessible as possible' -- if Mods are not easy to access and use on GRAW, people are not going to download and use them, and those same people are going to go elsewhere to satisfy their itch for variety and novelty...

Proper & Working Mod Path

Again, while Mod Developers have found clever work-arounds using localization hacks; it's simply ridiculous that GRAW does not incorporate a proper, standardized and working Mod path like the RSE games it's derived from and so many other popular games and engines from the likes of Valve, Epic, id Software, BI, DICE and even small 'value game' Developers. A proper Mod Path will make installing and managing mods a clean, simple and most importantly uniform process making Mods much easier for the end User to install, uninstall, manage, and use...

Basic Documentation

Make modding GRAW a fun and progressive proposition for enthusiastic and capable Mod Talents rather then a painful exercise in hacking and wasted time in guess work... Even rinky-dink 'value game' Developers mange this much... Put the game and the massive marketing resources of a thriving Mod audience to work with a proper jump start.

Even if GRIN can't, or has no desire to do these and similar things out of consideration of their Fans; they can at the very least do (or justify the work to their Publisher) out of self-interest and the desire to get some lead time, to establish their game, and the marketing benefit of a strong Mod community -- against what should by now be rather obvious and potent competition...

:ermm:

yust like GR1 did, that worked perfect....

TaLoN.TP

Please, Oh please add a quicksave button in the patch. Seriously, I appreciate the "appealing to hardcore" thing, but man I really dont wanna play the same 15 min section over and over until I get it right or get lucky. I dont have that much time anymore. Please and Thanks.

Yes as far as the single player game this would be my only gripe. So far I think the game is great! As far as the game as a hole please ad an igor!!!!!! :g_guns: