Will GR:AW stop you playing GR1?

I'm pretty sure this is the big acid test for GR:AW...

Maybe this is a little premature as we only have the demo as yet (and there are obviously some issues with that), but we are talking game play here, so techical issues aside, do you think GR:AW is the death nell for GR1?

Or do you intend to keep playing GR1 until someone finally gets the message and simply REMAKES GR1 with up to date graphics?

:)

Althogh I needed a break from GR1 and uninstalled it, now ive played GRAW its easy to have them both sitty happily on the pc and flip between.

For me probably becuase I can have all settings on High and 1600x1200 in GR1 on my PC, wheres GRAW makes me feel like im a poorper running on a pentuim 166MMX LOL :lol:

Also as stated because of the complete difference in environments.

As soon as GR:AW retail is out & I can upload the files to our new dedicated box - the GR1 server on our other box is history. :D

I'm pretty sure when the mod tools come out, the old classic maps - Embassy - will be ported over along with some other great oldschool classics. Biffa's firefights anyone? :thumbsup:

Since my GFX card isn't supported (and my cpu is way old) I am just still very happy with GR1. Also because there are still new and awesome mods (like YOTM, AS26) coming out. I think it's an matter of time some modders come up with the idea to make a GRAW mod for GR1!

Now I just enjoy the nice reactions, videos and screenshots you guys make and continue playing GR1 multiplayer @ Phoenix Soldiers or The Sheepscave.

Game on!

Nope, even with the aging graphics GR still has that 'Engaged' feeling, like it's real, when you get a kill you feel like 'YOU' got a kill.

I'm quite unimpressed by the GR:AW demo atm, even when the enemy is just across the road you don't get that "Ohhh ######" feeling, it just doesn't grab me. Hopefully it will grow on me ;)

Nope, even with the aging graphics GR still has that 'Engaged' feeling, like it's real, when you get a kill you feel like 'YOU' got a kill.

I'm quite unimpressed by the GR:AW demo atm, even when the enemy is just across the road you don't get that "Ohhh ######" feeling, it just doesn't grab me. Hopefully it will grow on me ;)

I couldn't have said it any better myself as I was blown away with awe when I played the GR demo and must have played it 60x or more but with the GRAW demo I wasn't even interested enough to stay up last night and finish it through. :( GR is still at the top of the great list for me.

:wub:

Like many on here my spec doesn't allow me to play GRAW, I have a 5950U and suffer the same sillouhette problem as others.

Partly because of that & partly because I like GR1 I will still play & probably will if & when I can afford an upgrade for GRAW.

I just hope I can find servers with oldschool GR1 on? :(

Edited by FatmanDaz

Oh i know that feeling brother, after playing on the Alphasquad server earlier on the polling map doin 110 FF even though there were 10 of us, i got cocky n swung around a corner only to b confronted with prob 10 tango's so i had to quickly swing back around which i did PHEW and yeah, GR1 really does immerse u, hopefully the add-on will even address that more.

I am in the minority, but, after playing GRAW demo for several hours, I am done with GRAW and back to GR mods.

:coolspeak::lol:

What are you working on? A GR1 modification about the ghosts inserting Mexico city where they have to rescue the US President and Mexican President because there has been a military coup on Mexico?

:clapping::notworthy:

Two years ago I bought a laptop for 4K, and it is already too outdated for GRAW. What a waste (most of the cost went into the carbon fiber casing). I refuse to spend more $$$$ just for the purpose of gaming, so, I guess I'm going to have to stick with GR. Not that it is a bad thing, but I would have at least liked to have tried GRAW. :(

After having played Mr demo, coming to my own conclusions and reading what you all say here, this appears to be true;

"Those who don't like the demo will migrate back to GR1 for the old school traditional style of GR1. Gr1 even I was doing some run n' gun playing as well. GR1 allowed for massive wars with up to 18 people. Graw will endure for those of us who want to get down to stealth in tactical urban warfare. GRAW looks good, it has a new look and feel from GR1, But it will take some getting used to. As for the AI, The AI are great. they are some tough sods who put the hurting on you from a greater distance. You have to be a good shot in GRAW. I found myself missing way too much."

GRAW will evolve when the retail gets into the right hands and the (i'll call it IGOR for now) IGOR is used to do improvements in the game. (PLEASE TAKE "NO" OFFENSE GRIN...THE GAME IS GREAT) GRAW will be like GR was, a new car, shiny and good looking until modders get under the hood and add weapons. I'll even venture to say that GRAW will eventually have WWII mods as well.

I stopped playing GR some years ago. Bought the game when it came out and all expansions asap. I played regulary for many years (+3 at least). Then I stopped for many reasons.

I am an old school GR fan, and I hope that this is the game I have waited for, for years.

I couldn't play GRAW because of my card. 5950U. I feel a bit left out. I'ts still a decent card.

To be honest these responses are a bit depressing. Sounds like GRAW isn't the replacement for GR we have been waiting for. I guess it might be a different story for the retail release though and maybe any niggles can just be modded to our tatse.

Come on guys really, it sounds like all you guys want is GR with a graphics overhaul. That is like after six years you decide to buy a new car but you just go and buy the same car with a new paint job. I will try the coop MP with my brother tonight and see how that goes but I think it has the potential to go the distance. GR would have been dead along time ago too if it wasn’t for mods. Why can’t you think the same for GRAW?

The games are quite different right now.

I mean, when in GR1 did you have someone telling you where you could and could not go? if you wanted to go around the long way to an objective, go for it.

GR1 will live on for me, at least until i can afford the 2-3k for a new rig to run the game right. even then, multiplayer max of 4 players?? not that great.

Where is the AA?

I dont understand that GR1 looks better than GR:AW. When half life two came out, you could run it on a PC that could run HL1 maxed out. the beauty was that HL2 looked the same at low quality as HL1 did at high.

why is that so hard for Developers to grasp? as much work as they have put into it, the graphics in GR:AW are subpar compared to GR1, on my computer.

Doesnt make any sense

im not buying graw. maybe i imagined it but i thought graw was supposed to be the true sequel to gr 1. its not.

horrible a.i. imo. stripped down version of multiplayer. gr 1 had so many multiplayer options. graw is not even close.

i wish they would have just kept making gr 1 expansions. hopefully modders stick with gr 1 as well.