Is there acceleration on the mouse?

Ive been playing prolly close to 2 hours now and I still havent gotten used to how the mouse moves ingame. When i turn my gun and aim turn but they arent responsive like they are in other games.

let me explain, if you turn acceleration on high in windows your mouse will eventually move the same speed but when the mouse starts moving the cursor starts to move from slow to full speed until the normal speed is reached and then when the cursor slows, it GRADUALLY slows. Although this happens very fast so its not simple to notice but still noticible. its not a start stop its more of a accelerating effect, hence the name. thats why not many pcs use this, i currently have mine set to low, which minimizes it.

I bring this up because this is how my movements ingame feel like. it seems like i cant move real fast at first and this throws my movements all out of whack. its almost like the mouse has lag but once the mouse is in moton i seem to have more control. when i wont to stop moving the mouse the aim slightly passes my mark, say an AI enemy, so i constantly have to counter act my aim, THIS is the prob, because i have to recalculate where my aim will be i tend to take a little longer aiming. and in GR we all know u can be dead before u pull the trigger so to speak.

just wondering if anyone else notices this. maybe im nuts but i think its some sort of sensitivity setting they have in the game. take COD2 for example in that game u can stop on a pixel if u wanted to, (almost) but here it sort of slides by the pixel, causeing u to reaim, and then die, (or take a bad shot)

i have fiddled with the settings in game but the 3d sens is only in the map, and the other is in game. i can slow my aim down but the accelerating is still there.

also since i want to combine my two probs:

this isnt huge but i sorta hate the tac map when the mouse reaches the buttons like execute and execute all and if ur moving fast its real easy to hit the edge of the map and cause it to move away from what ur looking at. and its usually just cause im moving so fast, u tend to when u need to move people real fast in the map. i wonder if there is a way to change the map movement, or scroll to say WASD(preferb), or the arrow keys so that the mouse wont move the map when u dont want it too. any ideas.

I say all this because Im digging the game and these are sorta pains.

I believe it has something to do with them trying to simulate real movements. In real life you cant spin around 180 degrees in under a quarter of a second like you can on other games like Counter Strike and Battlefield 2. I've also noticed that when you move your mouse it doesnt always settle exactly where it should. Sometimes it settles a little to the side or to the top or bottom of where it normally would.

Others have posted about this same "problem" (I guess that's what it is). From what I understand if you have a Nvidia card and have coolbits for its settings you can change under Performance & Quality Settings>Additional Direct3D Settings>Max frames to render ahead from 3 (default) to 0. I don't know about ATI cards though...but this is the solution most people have for it...

I have aweful mouse lag as well, the collbits trick gets rid of 75% of the problem but its still there.

Grin can we get this fixed before the full game ships, its unplayable with the current "stuck in treacle" mouse lag

thanks.

It's also in the full game, i really hope they patch this soon because it is indeed one of those small things that makes a game unplayable.

The coolbits hint helped, but as you say, it's still there and very annoying.

turn your vid settings down and I bet it will fix it.

nope - its not a video settings problem.

happens @ 800x600, everything low running @ OVER 100fps

i only get it at 1280

2 things to do to solve it:

1: Disable Pointer Precision in Control Panel/Mouse

2:Turn the 3D Mouse Sensitivity down all the way in the Game options