Demo Alert!

Whats the big deal? When GR:AW is retail in a little over a week (for the masses), you will have most of the MP stuff there and the rest will come by the time you have finished SP on HARD anyways...hehe

Give this stupid MP whining a break, you sound like a bunch of 5 year olds who can't get what they want at the store...

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the big deal? When GR:AW is retail in a little over a week (for the masses), you will have most of the MP stuff there and the rest will come by the time you have finished SP on HARD anyways...hehe

Give this stupid MP whining a break, you sound like a bunch of 5 year olds who can't get what they want at the store...

+1

damnit anyhow, 6 cet is 12 est and i will be at school till 3 est, this will be one of the longest school days i've ever had!

Actually it'll be 1pm eastern. Daylight savings time. Look at the bright side, by 3pm there should be plenty of mirrors.

Edited by QB-Paladin

Give the developer a break. Anyway, if you really want to play co-op online, there is a way. This program called hamachi allows you to play lan online.

http://www.hamachi.cc/

Someone on the official forum already kind enough create hamachi servers for us.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc...13/m/5371029634

Each server only holds 16 people, but that means you will see at least 4 games on your lan list when the demo is out! yeah!

Exactly. Hamachi is the shizzle :rocky:

My bet is that Colin told us to come back in 48 hrs on Friday knowing that we would still check every minute on the minute for the demo.... :P

I wonder about the comment about the fact that he expected people to be playing the full game by tomorrow...... :hmm:

The day is finally here. HOOT HOOT HOOT

Lets light em up!!!!!!!!!! :cheers::charge:

See y'all im Mexico City....

Fresh :g_guns:

Give the developer a break. Anyway, if you really want to play co-op online, there is a way. This program called hamachi allows you to play lan online.

Someone on the official forum already kind enough create hamachi servers for us.

Each server only holds 16 people, but that means you will see at least 4 games on your lan list when the demo is out! yeah!

This guy is one lucky dude to have a connection that big, and 4 decent spec machines too because I may be wrong (I often am) but all HAMACHI is is IP tunnelling software, using VPN.

Now that would still mean he would have to have the GR:AW Demo running on a PC and then let you join by VPN'ing in via HAMACHI and effectively joining his LAN.

Now we have already been told that to run a GR:AW server effectively we will need a 512mb (upload) connection. So to run 4 GR:AW servers he would have to have a very good upload speed, not to mention having to run 4 instances of GR:AW as well.

This guy is one lucky dude to have a connection that big, and 4 decent spec machines too because I may be wrong (I often am) but all HAMACHI is is IP tunnelling software, using VPN.

Now that would still mean he would have to have the GR:AW Demo running on a PC and then let you join by VPN'ing in via HAMACHI and effectively joining his LAN.

Now we have already been told that to run a GR:AW server effectively we will need a 512mb (upload) connection. So to run 4 GR:AW servers he would have to have a very good upload speed, not to mention having to run 4 instances of GR:AW as well.

512kbit upload. Most DSL connections nowadays have even a higher upload rate (here at least). I have 1mbit upload. Besides, Hamachi is a very light program (for pc and network). I've used it to host 8 player CoD2 servers on my DSL connection. Worked very good :)

Edited by Reb

I dont intend to host all the servers myself :P

The rooms are setup so that people can host and find games quickly after they get the demo.

I'll be hosting my own for myself, friends and anyone who happens to join in.

Thank god for that cos I was getting one REALLY bad case of jealousy :rofl:

Wops my bad, the server i meant are serve more like a room where we can meet/join the same game. He dont have to host any games, beacuse if any other players in the same *room* created a game, we'll be able to see it on our lan list.

PS. Sorry im really bad at english.

Edited by Furymonkey

Yep anybody who has hamachi installed can set up their own room, with a password too if you want to, then just let your mates know the rooms name and password.........and bobs your uncle

I haven't heard that phrase in a while...... :):offtopic:

Cheers mate!

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

OMG This SUCKS I have a 10 pg paper, a lab, and a project due by friday and will have about 3 minutes to spare for playing time (if I'm lucky). :angry::wall: Thankfully, though, this is my last full week of the semester so I'll be seeing you all on the battlefield not too long after release. :g_guns:

Torrent is not a bad idea, but it depends if most of the people will shut their torrent clients down after downloading the demo :o.

Well, torrents on demos usually works pretty good. Usually most people keep it up for a good while. Always some nice people out there with good connections who keep seeding...