UBI pre-orders Shipping NOW! (US)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the answer i got from UBI http://shop.ubi.com

Question 2

I want to know the shipping details for the order

I heard that this game is already shipping to some customers, is that true? Is it possible to get it before the 5 of May because I made a preorder?

Réponse à la question 2

Dear Customer,

That’s false because you can't receive the game before the release date, it's illegal.

Thanks.

It isn't illegal for UBI to sell it early - only a reseller. Resellers (EBgames, Bestbuy, Toys R Us) regularly get in 'trouble' for releasing it before the street date. They recieve the items up to a week early for putting out on the shelves on the 'street date'. Often they do this to drive a frenzy at their store for a popular item and put it out 24 hours early so everyone is going there to buy rather than the competition. This is technically illegal per their agreements with the publishers. Publishers don't want one store getting preference or a leg up because then your into a whole anti-trust lawsuit situation. Example: Microsoft was threatening to fine any store something like $10,000 per xbox 360 sold prior to the launch date for this very reason.

So for UBI to respond and say this is insane. They can release something through their own online store early and have the street date be whenever, so long as they offer all the street dates within the country on the same date to everyone.

Whoever responded was referring to the retailer situation. Fool. :wall:

Edited by tangovictor

The retail store, even though it's UBI store, it's probably a seperate business.

They have the advantage of shipping from the UBI wharehouse but I'll bet the same rules that other retailers operate by apply to them as well.

It may even be outsourced, after all UBI's core business isn't direct sales it's development and publishing.

One more ansver from UBI

Dear customer,

we'll invistigate this, because like we told you, it's illegal to send the game before the release date as it's an unfair competition act.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by ^BR^LARSA

I looked up my account on UBI and I too see that is has been shipped and that my credit card has been charged. I called the support number on my purchase confirmation email to ask what that is all about. The guy I spoke with told me that the game has shipped from the warehouse to the distribution center but as of yesterday (4/28/06) the game has not yet arrived. He told me that they were expected to arrive today, (Friday 4/29/06) and that they would be shipping from there either today or tomorrow and I should receive it early next week.

I looked up my account on UBI and I too see that is has been shipped and that my credit card has been charged.  I called the support number on my purchase confirmation email to ask what that is all about.  The guy I spoke with told me that the game has shipped from the warehouse to the distribution center but as of yesterday (4/28/06) the game has not yet arrived.  He told me that they were expected to arrive today, (Friday 4/29/06) and that they would be shipping from there either today or tomorrow and I should receive it early next week.

I feel the whole, "shipped on the 25th" was a terrible ploy to sell more pre-orders, and it apperently has worked..... :bs:

Well.....probably not but all in all, the whole situation is complete rubbish!!!! :nono:

But in the end, once again.. :g_withgrin:

Fresh

What makes me the most annoyed is that they're talking about how it's illegal to sell a game before the release date.... but what about charging customers' credit cards before the product is delivered?

I mean sure that happens all the time legally, but it's different when the customer is told and expects to be billed first and when they just you bill first.

i ordered the game got billed 5 mins after i ordered it said it was shiped i called they said i would get it this monday its not illegal to sell a game earily from ubi just ebgame etc all so if you ordered from ubi count on geting CD-ROM and not DVD

I was charged yesterday for the game. I hope to see it on my doorstep on the 2nd (when I'll be in town anyway).

I got an shipment confirmation email from UBI dated Mon 5/1/06 11:24 PM. Details here

Jeffrey:

This email notification confirms that your order is in the process of being shipped.

To check the status of the shipment, visit http://store.ubi.com and select "My Orders" at the top of the page. Log in using your ubi.com user name and password.

----------------------------- PACKING LIST -----------------------------

ORDER #UBW-######

Ordered: 22-Nov-2005 12:45P

----------- ORDERED BY ------------ ------------- SHIP TO --------------

{My Name} {My Name}

{Address} {Address}

US US

Phone: ##########

Email:

ITEMS SHIPPED

Line SKU/Item # Description Shipped

----- ---------------- ----------------------------------------- -------

1 68280 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced 1

Warfighterâ„¢ - PC

SHIP VIA: FedEx 2 Day (FEDEX2D), Tracking (Yes, a tracking number was given)

Please print this shipment confirmation for your records.

If you have any questions regarding your order, visit our Customer Care web site at: http://store.ubi.com/help or call us toll free at (888) 824-7038. Have your order number ready to expedite your request.

Thank you again for shopping at the Ubisoft Store. Please visit us again soon!

---

Edited by golfnut

This is the answer i got from UBI http://shop.ubi.com

Question 2

I want to know the shipping details for the order

I heard that this game is already shipping to some customers, is that true? Is it possible to get it before the 5 of May because I made a preorder?

Réponse à la question 2

Dear Customer,

That’s false because you can't receive the game before the release date, it's illegal.

Thanks.

It isn't illegal for UBI to sell it early - only a reseller. Resellers (EBgames, Bestbuy, Toys R Us) regularly get in 'trouble' for releasing it before the street date. They recieve the items up to a week early for putting out on the shelves on the 'street date'. Often they do this to drive a frenzy at their store for a popular item and put it out 24 hours early so everyone is going there to buy rather than the competition. This is technically illegal per their agreements with the publishers. Publishers don't want one store getting preference or a leg up because then your into a whole anti-trust lawsuit situation. Example: Microsoft was threatening to fine any store something like $10,000 per xbox 360 sold prior to the launch date for this very reason.

So for UBI to respond and say this is insane. They can release something through their own online store early and have the street date be whenever, so long as they offer all the street dates within the country on the same date to everyone.

Whoever responded was referring to the retailer situation. Fool. :wall:

the amusing part of that is today is the street date and nobody in my area has it. they are all hoping to have it tomorrow or the next day. and no i don't live in the sticks, i'm right outside of atlanta. i only found out about the game over the weekend, a bit too late to pre-order.