Weapons List

It doesn't look like we'll know for certain what weapons are going to be in the game until, at least, the demo. Maybe not even then, depending on what the demo includes. However, between what has been said by the developers (Desmond has mentioned a Barrett a few times, I think) and what has been in the recent videos and stills, does anyone feel like taking a crack at putting together a list of what weapons we have seen or heard of so far?

It doesn't look like we'll know for certain what weapons are going to be in the game until, at least, the demo. Maybe not even then, depending on what the demo includes. However, between what has been said by the developers (Desmond has mentioned a Barrett a few times, I think) and what has been in the recent videos and stills, does anyone feel like taking a crack at putting together a list of what weapons we have seen or heard of so far?

Here are the ones that I can think of, off the top of my head real quick. I know there is at least two more that I know of, but cant think of atm.

Mk 46

XM8

Scar-L

Scar-H

Saw

M99

MP5

Crye

Barrett

M9

Glock

Hand \ Smoke Grenades

AT4 Rocket launcher

Edited by VeLocityChaos

Weapons wish list,

1. Let the moders have control.

2. Dragunov SVD (Sniper as seen in Black Hawk down).

3. M14 (Pure power/Range)

4. "Groza" OC-14

5. VSS 'Vintorez'

6. Most importantly give us the best guns in the world, AK-107, AK-108 and Nikonov AN-94 "Abakan" assault rifle.

Source:

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

wilPoPson,

:g_guns: or :o=

P.S.

Don't make me earn the freeken right to shoot all of the guns in the game ala BF*%$ 2. I pay you $50 and you give me a freeken shooting range. In fact add a shooting range in the interface some place where we can get to know the guns much like AAO.

Edited by WilPoPson

I thought the Barrett would be one of the sniper rifles.

And yeah, I noticed. The M-4 was one of the reasons for starting this thread. I'm assuming GR:AW's move to the future is including the M-4 being replaced. Hopefully, the mod community will step in and add some of the original GR and Raven Shield favorite weapons.

Edited by QB-Paladin

I thought the Barrett would be one of the sniper rifles.

And yeah, I noticed. The M-4 was one of the reasons for starting this thread. I'm assuming GR:AW's move to the future is including the M-4 being replaced. Hopefully, the mod community will step in and add some of the original GR and Raven Shield favorite weapons.

Yearh, I too was hoping for a M4 with loads of attachments for it. Lets hope theres some skilled modders out there, or that GRIN will put it in later.

Besides the M4, I would love to see

UMP45

MP5 (without sd)

spas12

MG3 (oh man, we had so much fun with this weapon in GR1!)

Four diverse calibers, makes for four totally different weapons. :thumbsup:

Edited by V.P.

Weapons wish list,

1. Let the moders have control.

2. Dragunov SVD (Sniper as seen in Black Hawk down).

3. M14 (Pure power/Range)

4. "Groza" OC-14

5. VSS 'Vintorez'

6. Most importantly give us the best guns in the world, AK-107, AK-108 and Nikonov AN-94 "Abakan" assault rifle.

Source:

wilPoPson,

:g_guns: or  :o=

P.S.

Don't make me earn the freeken right to shoot all of the guns in the game ala BF*%$ 2. I pay you $50 and you give me a freeken shooting range. In fact add a shooting range in the interface some place where we can get to know the guns much like AAO.

the vintorez was my aboslute fav (besides famas) in rvs and in AA (besides m249)

:thumbsup:

Please, this isn't a wish list thread. There are other threads for wish lists. Please stay on topic and only help with listing/identifying weapons we have seen in the still/video media.

Thanks.

(And yes, I know I violated my own intent for this thread by adding my own comments in an earlier post. It won't happen again after this request).

Edited by QB-Paladin

The SCAR and MR-C are going to start replacing the M16/M4 in the future from what I've seen

The SCAR is replacing the M-4 for SF troops. From what Ive seen HF post they are using a 6.8mm version of the M-4 currently. not sure if that will continue. My guess is there will be a version of the scar to fire it.

The MR-C is the rifle for the Future Force Warrior program. It is suppsoed to be what will be in service around 10 years from now.(unless its made rather reliable I think the SCAR might spread to non-SF units and replace the M-16/4 if its as good as it sounds)

The M-8 was the kinetic part of the OICW. Im pretty sure the entire program is unofficially cancelled but wont ever see service. It seems the M-4 will probably just be improved as much as possible.

P.S.

lol true true Xeno my friend. I want full firepower as well, and some cardboard cut outs to annihlate!

According to a great weapons web site I have used for many years now is called world guns:

On this web site the authors indicate that the M8 is

XM8 status update (September 2005): Following several complains about non-competitive procurement of the XM8 system from Heckler-Koch USA, US Army first opened the bidding for contract to other companies, and then, in the July 2005, suddenly suspended the entire OICW Increment 1 program to re-think the entire set of requirements for the possible replacement of current M16 rifles and M4  carbines.

World Guns

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm

P.S.

The Vintorez is one bad ass looking gun. It is a sub sonic truely scilencd weapon. However the barrle gets so hot that they melt after prolonged firing.

Vintorez

By the way my wish list is a list of guns that are in other Tom Clancy, UBI games. The Dragunov SVD is a weapon used by many SF units including american. Why, because it is not really a true sniper rifle, its more like a lang range assult rifle.

Dragunov SVD

Would love to have the M-14, the timeless beauty she is. I'm not worried about what the initial weapons are, there seems to be enough variety and selection. When the modders start working the magic, I'm sure we will all get a delicious selection of M-4's with optics, and every other timeless current weaps we can think of. Personally, I think the support weapons are useless. They are there for a purpose, but they don't seem to really work well in video games. They work well in AA, but that's only when you are playing the bridge map...hehe.

At any rate, the SCAR looks to be a nice rifle, but there is nothing like the beloved M4 with an aimpoint, eh? :)