Ghost Recon.net Forums

Demo/ Feed back and update.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im having some very strange things happining here.

1280 x 1024

Textures =med

Texture Filtering = Trii

Effect quality = High

Dynamic shadow = high

Post effects = high

27-32fps

----------------------

1280 x 1024

Textures =med

Texture Filtering = 16x

Effect quality = High

Dynamic shadow = high

Post effects = high

27 -32fps?

--------------------------

1280 x 1024

Textures =med

Texture Filtering = 16x

Effect quality = med

Dynamic shadow = high

Post effects = high

27 - 32fps

---------------------------

1280 x 1024

Textures =med

Texture Filtering = 16x

Effect quality = med

Dynamic shadow = off

Post effects = high

27 - 32fps?

----------------------------

1280 x 1024

Textures =med

Texture Filtering = 16x

Effect quality = med

Dynamic shadow = off

Post effects = low

34 - 42fps

--------------------------

1024 x 768

Textures =med

Texture Filtering = 16x

Effect quality = med

Dynamic shadow = off

Post effects = low

1024 x 768 40 -- 70fps (+ adaptive AA + 2x AA ) 40 - 70 fps?

/ 800 x 600 ---56 -83fps

Texture filtering has no effect.

Effect quality has no effect.

dynamic shadows has no effect.

AA has no effect.

Only resoloution, Post effects has any effect on frame rate.

Edited by daztrek

System:

AMD 3500+

2Gig OCZ Platinum 3500

2 7800GT sli

Gameplay:

recoil is impossibly bad. These are trained soldiers, I can shoot a fully automatic weapon and not jump up to a 45 degree angle.

The recoil is also detached from when i fire the weapon. like i fire, slight pause, then recoil.

like UT said. laying down you can't look up high enough.

Feels like you are drunk when you move. as in the controls are clunky and lag behind.

The lean while scoped (aimpoint) is bad. you don't rotate the gun from your head you lean with the gun.

The game honestly feels like the lockdown demo at a slightly slower pace.

Graphics.

Had all settings on high 1024x768. was fairly choppy but playable.

No option for 1600x1200? even if i can't play it i wanna see it to compare my screenshots with ubisofts rendered images.

graphics are decent but nothing special.

spotting enemies is a little difficult which i do like because that means cammo works

Menu:

probably too late to change it but I should never have to double click in a game. make drop down boxes or something.

Overall:

Feels like it could be tacticle but needs refinement. hopefully we got an early version of the game.

Big minus not having ADVERSARIAL MULTIPLAYER in the demo or even COOP over the INTERNET.

runs fine with :

athlon 3000XP

768 ram

x1600pro 512MB

and the best thing that spooked me from my first steps were the cans on the ground

you really need to look where you are going because you do make noise :P

one great thing was that i saw an enemy run past me as i sat for cover

he did not see me but went for my team mates,

i have not felt this since i first played GR

GREAT WORK :g_withgrin:

sold here :P

one small thing the black loading screen ...... took almost a minute wich frightend me :o

The movement and stuff felt weird at first and the controls... you have to spend some time with it to get used to it.

There are quite a number of differences stances you can take also (rather than just 3) by toggling V and C keys I think...

there is no drunken feel to the game and it runs great.

upgrade your drivers :) or buy somenew hardware lol

This game ran like...super smooth on my computer on all demo options on max (well thats what auto-spec put for me) and AA off though, dunno how to turn it on.

No lags or studders EVER, even when I threw my first explosion, I was expecting lag as it loaded an explosion for the first time, nope clear smooth with awsome effects.

The gameplay is VERY nice, this game is awsome so far. My favorite was when I walked out of the landing area I see two garuds..talking? so I roll a grenade from where I am, doesn't quite reach but close enough to killem any way!

Im just not noticing this smooth mouse problem.

Is anyone else?

It's only when you have like 10 fps [aka bad pc], everything feels heavy and everything you do happends later.

I think this mouse smoothness depends on what gfx u have. Look to ur feets and see the difference.

And on the game... maybe becouse of my crapy hardware but... i dont like it. AI is BAD... jeez even in GR 1 when u shot a guy whos in a group soldiers runs in different directions and some shot at u... and here? They are standing like rocks...

I will chk this game after buying better gfx, maybe then i will chg my opinion couse i hate playing games that runs like crap.

Liked it a lot. Like Brothers in Arms, it's a game where you actually feel like you accomplished something when you put an enemy down.

The graphics were all good. Characters are not "orange," by any means, and I had no problems with mouse lag. My only gripe right now is I'm not used to the controls but that will come in time.

Great game.

My first impressions are practically mirroring what people have already been saying really:

I'm not 100% comfortable with the mouse smoothness, and i feel this would make the game feel alot better if they provide a fix for it for the final game.

Also, it might be my particular setup, but the HDR does seem to get a little too dark for my liking when outside in the daylight. When i'm in a dark alley or similar, the brightness of the outside looks great, but then i step out into the sunlit areas and it all goes dark. I'll need to fiddle with gamma and such before i can be sure though.

Team mates do seem overly orange to me aswell.

Anyone else notice that dead bodies still have blinking eye's? :D

And i'm also finding the map screen cumbersome, it would be nice if you were able to simple right-click on a location on the map and choose from "move, cover, attack, ect.", rather than have to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen to select the action, then all the way back.

And lastly, gripe-wise, i must also have a quick moan about the way that you can't aim when prone and positioned over a curb or something.

Graphics are otherwise nice though, and i do like some of the animations, shooting an enemy when they are in the motion of running, and seeing them take a tumble when hit is great. Not played enough to form decent opinions about AI etc though.

Edited by Kyutu

It's a great game. But it went exactly as I thought. It has that console feel to it. Notice the field of view (FOV). It's crap, looks like I'm playing Halo 2 or something. It needs to be at least 90­. Gameplay looks good, I'm dead serious, it looks fantastic but it is built on a crappy engine. Game devs should stick to third party engines like the Unreal Warfare/Doom3/Source/CryEngine if they are not competent enough to build their own.

Overall, great game, flawed by it's subpar engine.

The movement and stuff felt weird at first and the controls... you have to spend some time with it to get used to it.

There are quite a number of differences stances you can take also (rather than just 3) by toggling V and C keys I think...

there is no drunken feel to the game and it runs great.

upgrade your drivers :) or buy somenew hardware lol

I just bought new hardware a month ago....

I can run FEAR with everything maxed on 1600x1200 with the uber shadows and it's fine. It's not my system.

ok, here's my list:

Thing i like:

-The default controls

-Menu is smooth and looks clean

-Weapon mods

-The sounds, very good :thumbsup:

-COOP seems to be fun

Thing i don't like

-The engine (very inefficient)

-The mouse ingame :huh: (dunno, but i doesnt feel right)

-Graphics are ok, but it doesnt have a "WOW!" factor for me

-AA issues (it just wont work)

I'm not going to comment on singleplayer since i hate playing games SP :shifty: Overall i would give it a 6.5. From what i have seen so far, chances are that i'm not buying it until there is a fix for the engine. This just isnt right. If the game had very good graphics, i would understand that it wouldnt run on my pc...

Im just not noticing this smooth mouse problem.

Is anyone else?

It's only when you have like 10 fps [aka bad pc], everything feels heavy and everything you do happends later.

So my pc is bad?

Amd 64-3000 Oc'd to 3500

2-gigs at 440

6800 gt oc.....

The big problem is lack of graphic custumization.

Why can't I turm off HDR? Why can't I turn off Vsync? Sorry to say but this is crap.

Half of my mouse lag issue's is probably just that. The fact that Vsync and HDR is FORCED!! and are the 2 biggest killers of framerates, wich BTW I get around 50+.

Fix your game GRIN I tryed playing it a little more and it is simply UNPLAYABLE! No wonder thiers no MP demo before the retail, becuase it will suck with these unresponsive controlls.

Edited by Aaronson

I don't post here a lot due to reasons outside the scope of this post, but I've been here awhile from GR to "GR2" to GRAW and let me say...

THANK YOU GRIN!!! I'm so happy with this game! This is absolutely fantastic! You got it all right!

I felt both Enemy and Friendly AI was pretty good. The friendly AI takes cover when shot at (although sometimes it does get in your way). They are very aware and pathfinding seems good. I was also VERY impressed when I had the whole team set as "Follow" and I was at the point with the machine gun nest firing down on me. My sniper took it upon himself to go around the building and snipe him from the corner! That was definitely a WOW from me. Hopefully it was not scripted... *cough*

Enemy AI seems to take cover well, although sometimes I feel I can sneak up on them too easily. Sometimes they drop quicker than I expect too, but oh well.

My only gripes:

Changing weapons is kinda a pain. It's not really a problem now since you can take it slow, but in MP I want to switch from grenades to guns as quickly as possible with no room for error.

Also... I see health regenerates... maybe I missed something, but is this part of the new age equipment they're wearing or what? What's the reasoning behind this? I'm pretty sure one of my guys died and I a couple minutes later I look and he's standing right behind me... I'm just wondering what the deal with this is.

That being said, it is AWESOME and GRIN ROCKS!!! :D:D:D

I wonder how you people socialize in the job world when you summurize anything negative as worst possible insult..."crap" its like i can't be "bothersome" or "annoying" but, it its "crap".

just funny in my opinion, by the way.

+AI seems very smart, I seem them do alot ingame so far.

+Graphics are great

+I do not suffer this "mouse" problem you guys seem to be talking about, but I did get this problem in Repbulic commando on my old card which wasn't powerfull enough to handle AA, but it ran VERY smooth~but I had a 1 second delay in movement.

+ My team mates do not hinder me, infact they cut down enemies for me. One thing thats bother me is how to set them back to "follow".

+If you final verdict ends with "Crap" I don't think this is the game for you.

ReD: it states that your team mate wil fall if hit, doesn't mean he is dead, jsut injured. If you cover him He'll get back up.

Edited by XenoSoft

The demo runs very smooth for me, specs below...Only thing is the texture setting, only medium available...I've put 8X AA and it runs very smooth, but I also noticed AA doesn't seem to work well...

Other then that, I am worried about the friendly AI. On a couple of occasions I was peeking around a corner and my teammates moved right in front of me, causing friendly fire... I'd expect them to either stay back or cross behind me, not in front! :( I had not set any particular order...

I've only been playing it for 10-15 minutes though...Will see more later tonight...

Cheers,

I'm posting this about me not beeing able to run the demo, here as well:

When i start up the demo it appears to be ok at first, with the little G.R.A.W window appearing and the usual black screen before all the "Runs best on nVidia"-stuff appears. But it never goes beyond the little window and the black screen - it instead just quits back to the desktop. It just can't get beyond that point. I've tried to change the resolution in the ini-type files in the demo folder and i have also tried to start the game in windowed mode and re-installing it about 4 times - always with the same above result.

What could be wrong?

My Comp:

Latest CATALYST Drivers

Win XP SP2

AMD FX-55

DFI Lanparty nforce 4

OCZ 2x1024MB PC-4000 Gold GX XTC DC

ATi X1900XTX

2x WD 74GB Raptor

520W OCZ Modstream

24" Widescreen Dell Ultrasharp 2405FPW