Supressive fire

in GR if someone shot at you and missed it would be amazing. suppressive fire seemed fairly worthless since it was so easy to kill people.

hopefully the effects from bullets hitting will add a little more intimidation and the more abundant cover will make suppresive fire usefull.

I brought this subject a few days ago when Bo was still around :( and he explained that anyone "running around" (weapon down) would get mowed down by the "walkers" (weapons up)....hence getting rid of the "run and gun" type of games.

I then asked if the "leapfrog" tactic would work. This is the process of one guy running forward to a spot while the rest of the team covers and or lays down supressing fire......rinse.......repeat......etc :P I suggested to use this tactic to move around the map with any kind of speed. He agreed.

So in this case, supressing fire will work....we'll soon see yeah?

Cheers!

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

it'll work...if the guy pokes his head out, he'll be shot to death.  then the next, and the next until they're all "suppressed"

and next round hopefully they'll learn to keep low

Thats right, it works really well when you spot a opponent in an open door way, you pepper the doorway so the guy or guys keeps his heads down, at the same time your team mates get close enough to throw a couple of nades in and BOOOM!

suppressive fire will never work in online games because people aren't scared of dying.

It does if you take away the spawns and tight peeks(the centered view does that) or have cover that can be blown or shot to pieces;)

Imagine being holed up behind a car and someone opens up with support. pieces of the car flying everywhere and the next thought... i hope there buddy doesn't throw a nade! I can see it now on comms... I need help taking fire taking fire! LOL! and imagine your team leader seeing the action on your helmet cam!

And don't even try to hide behind a pot LOL!

In GR1 the mm1 had the most psychological effect. Both for your enemy and your own team.

In matches no spawn)suppression worked but not for support. Full auto sa80's and oicw nades would have that effect in GR1

Edited by ROCOAFZ

It wasn't the netcode that lagged... it was the sound code...

There was a released mod that changed all the sounds so support sounded like an sa80 and all nades sounded like an m203. this stopped the lagging but no one liked it nor was it match supported as all the weapons sounded the same.

do a search on google for Ghost Recon support lag fix... it was even server sided.

That means GRAW if done correctly should handle it fine!

Here is the link for GR1

LINK FOR GR1 SUPPORT LAG FIX

Edited by ROCOAFZ

It wasn't the netcode that lagged... it was the  sound code...

There was a released mod that changed all the sounds so support sounded like an sa80 and all nades sounded like an m203.  this stopped the lagging but no one liked it nor was it match supported as all the weapons sounded the same.

do a search on google for Ghost Recon support lag fix... it was even server sided.

That means GRAW if done correctly should handle it fine!

Here is the link for GR1

LINK FOR GR1 SUPPORT LAG FIX

well that's good news :grin1:

Yeah Dod did have a nice visual effect but the maps being so totally tight made it easy for the surpressed to get out of it with a hand nade. In GRAW maps we'll be able to supress from a longer range so they won't be able to do that.

The thing is that in games where you got 5-sec spawn time, you can just run infront of a guy with MG and suicidebomb him. If you got only 1 life or hella long spawn time, who would wanna waste 5mins just to get 1 kill <_< ?

If you want some good suppresive fire, log into Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. Your screen blurs when somebody uses suppresive fire on you. You'll duck because you can't see what's going on.

I concur, i think RO ost front does a nice thing with suppresison with the blurred screen. I think it is the most effective way to give cover fire a viable action. I use the mg 42 all the time, and in that game a mg with a good spot and a little support can make life living hell for the enemy. :devil:

Haven't got that game yet. Strongly considering it, though.

The thing is that in games where you got 5-sec spawn time, you can just run infront of a guy with MG and suicidebomb him.

Sure, some people might do that. But most people don't wanna die, even if they spawn after a few seconds like in DoD. I for one try to stay alive as long as possible.

I'm fully confident that suppressive fire is gonna be a big part of GR:AW - that's for sure! :grin1:

I dont think it will work at all. In GR1 u have had support class but noone used it. Whats the purpose of laying in one place with SAW? You are only showing where u are and any skilled player will wipe u out.

It was great for doing ladder-games on close-quarter maps.

Had awesome firepower and some nice armour.

I do believe that supportweapons are negatively exagerated regarding accuracy in games though but then again, I never fired one for real.