European LAN events this weekend ?

Looking at the smoke grenade screens, i can see by the rest of the textures its very low settings. This is one reason why i havent upgraded my grpahics card yet.

What i mean is, you play in a comp and your a graphics man so you whack your new graphics card settings right up, you get someone with low end cards that put settings on low, now they can see thro the smoke, whereas you with high settings have more full smoke , same with shadows, when people turn them off so you think your hiding in black area but your not to them.

I only crank my graphics up in single player, as im at a disadvantage in MP matches, alot of the top players lower the res right down and graphics to gain advantages, i can't wait for the day everyone can run games at high settings once we get into the future so devs can lock options like shadows to stay on.

Im rambling, just saying smoke should b same for high and low level graphics hopefully.

Besides the slow performance... How do you like the game so far? Look and feel?

Also the maps pretty good for clan battles?

Thanks...

Honestly i didn't like it that much in the beginning. It's still Ghost Recon, but different.

This was because ( i think ) of Shanty Town map, it's not really that open and it has a lot of alleys and 'camping'spots and stuff. It's hard to explain but i didn't like the map in the beginning... and a crappy PC doesn't help either.

But once i played Church map... A beauty :). One of my favs now i started to enjoy it more, i think i was on a different PC as well. The lighting was much nicer and this PC was a bit smoother, i didn't really pay much attention to the HDR thing but it just looks and feels right when running into a shadow somewhere for example.

Another map, Warehouses if i remember correctly is also very nice i thought: quite small actually, good size for a 4on4 domination match. But those others map are for atleast 6on6 or higher games. Those maps are NOT suitable for 3on3's or 4on4's domination imo. I was just running around whole the time getting from zone to zone and capturing and recapturing them. After a while this became some sort of tactic: 1 runner and 2 attackers.

When you are capturing a zone it takes a while, i guess you can say there is some kind of progressbar in getting that zone. But when a enemy walks briefly through the zone it gets resetted (progressbar) or something.

I guess that's something you get with 3on3's, in bigger matches you probably won't be able to run around so easily.

Before you start a game or when you spawn again you can 'mod' your weapon, and it's really needed i think. Shooting ironsights without stabilizers or grip (can't recall what it was) is very very hard. But maybe it was the PC.. wasn't easy to aim with such slow responding PC at all.

You start with 135 'Tactical Points' and you can earn more later on during a domination round, this allows you to get better stuff. In the beginning we could only pick 2 weapons and later on more and more came available.

For example the Scar L weapon is 'free' but if you want to add 'Combatsight' or a 'Silencer' or 'Front Grip', that "costs" you 50 points. The GL is 130 points for that weapon.

I enjoyed the matches a lot, they were pretty exciting and really close. I'm mainly talking about the first round we played: Warehouses i believe, one of the smaller maps. So lots of action in that map.

It's a shame Ubi ( ?) gave us such ######ty PC's to play on, or whoever it was. Can't wait to play it on a decent PC :P

Edited by Ben

I don't remember Colin or Zeroalpha saying anything about the game being a massive resource hog incapable of more than 30+fps. Something seems very weird to me. Mind you, Bo did say very few current Gfx cards could play at high settings.

On this system it looked great and that was Beta 4.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ (Socket 939)

GeForce 6800 GS 256MB GDDR3

,Apr 22 2006, 11:44 PM]

Thanks for the review Ben :)

Roger that.

You start with 135 'Tactical Points' and you can earn more later on during a domination round, this allows you to get better stuff. In the beginning we could only pick 2 weapons and later on more and more came available.

For example the Scar L weapon is 'free' but if you want to add 'Combatsight' or a 'Silencer' or 'Front Grip', that "costs" you 50 points. The GL is 130 points for that weapon.

:blink:

First...THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO!!! :grin1:

This is the part of domination I don't like at all. I don't get the logic of this. This is a military unit. I love the idea of supply lines, but it just doesn't make sense to require points to purchase better weapons and kits...I don't know...just don't like it. :(

Edited by Druac_Blaise

Well, thats reassuring - at least you want to play it. I'm a bit concerned about the PC specs - not for myself (should play very nicely on my PC) but for people on the lower end of the spectrum.

I agree...my concern is all my friends that already need to upgrade to play this...sounds like it may be worse than we thought.

Hi Ben,

I am planning to upgrade after I have played the demo, so that I know exactly what I require. Could you please tell me how the game looks, with everything low, at 800x600. I know that you have posted a screen but screens in GRAW are extremely deceptive graphicswise, as we have seen in the past. Also, what was the specs of the weakest pc, that was playing it decently with everything low. Thank you. :)

Edited by buddhiraja73

One question I've been meaning to ask, so if anyone could answer this it'd be much appreciated;

Does GRAW strain the CPU more rather than the videocard? So if one has a 3.0+ ghz and a low 5x series nvidia card it will still run smooth on med settings?

One question I've been meaning to ask, so if anyone could answer this it'd be much appreciated;

Does GRAW strain the CPU more rather than the videocard? So if one has a 3.0+ ghz and a low 5x series nvidia card it will still run smooth on med settings?

Bo's quote

"I've never seen it in action on a card like that so I don't know the framerate. But you got a good CPU and RAM and that matters a lot in GRAW as we max out the CPU."

But i think that You should rather aim low settings with GF 5 series even with 3 GHz CPU.

Bo's quote

"I've never seen it in action on a card like that so I don't know the framerate. But you got a good CPU and RAM and that matters a lot in GRAW as we max out the CPU."

But i think that You should rather aim low settings with GF 5 series even with 3 GHz CPU.

Ok thanks, thats good enough for me