auto downloads for mods?

this would be cool for a patch... instead of only from the game server a direct website link that would download and install it. That way no game server bandwidth used... Not sure why no one ever implemented this.. but it would be an innovation for GRIN to have an option to auto install it from a website or the game server

Did GR1 do this? I can't remember. I didn't play GR1 near as much as I did RvS, but RvS does this. I love this feature. The best thing to happen to modeable(sp?) games. I hated having to guess which mod a server had and go hunt it down and download it to play. Any game serious about supporting mods should have this feature built in fo shizzle :lol: .

Features which might get added in a patch, but which are not included in 1.0 are demo recording and ingame content download, so you’ll be able to join any server, even if you don’t have that map.

EDIT: No GR1 did not have in-game content download but, it if they setup the mod correctly they could give you a link to download it from.

Edited by MajorPlayer

Ahhh...cool, so we could get this as well with a patch or update...sweet. Anyone counting the number of possible features we might get down the road with patches? LOL...I'm not trying to be negative here, but it would be interesting to know all the things we might get with a patch down the road...it seems as though that list keeps growing.

like on cod/uo. join a server and if they have a mod you don't wi will d/l and install?

Personally i hate this feature of COD2, it means every damn server has some slightly different gameplay style. Some have faster running, some have slower running, more accurate guns, less accurate guns, and a whole host of other tweaks. The worst thing is most COD2 servers have custom mods, specific to that server, so you have no idea what the tweaks are. :blink:

I guess its their server though, and they can run whatever mod they want i suppose, but i just find it very annoying. I hope GRIN leave autodownload out, if the mod is good enough people will find the website and download it.

Auto download of content from a remote server would make this game even greater. And much easier to use for a lot of people. Most of us who play tactical shooters know how to install a mod and make it work even if the instalation is "clumsy", but for a lot of people its to much hazzle cos they have to: 1. find the mod ". 2. install it.

So my point is this: If we get that auto thing, then we get more players playing mods. The game lives much longer and we are going to stay happy for a much longer period before we start whining about that we need a new shooter.

Ahhh...cool, so we could get this as well with a patch or update...sweet. Anyone counting the number of possible features we might get down the road with patches? LOL...I'm not trying to be negative here, but it would be interesting to know all the things we might get with a patch down the road...it seems as though that list keeps growing.

Yeah this worries me aswell. All the things we might get..

Auto downloading sounds like a good idea but does it drain your pc?

I don`t know much about it but i do know some games i play when you join it takes about 5 mins or so to download the updates before you can play and it gets a little frustrating when the room turns out to be not what you are looking for and you join another room but have the same wait for more downloads.

Also will you be able to disable the updates/mods for standard games and would that make the game run better?

<_<