Has anyone heard if anything has been decided

I'm thinking beyond the patch... like GRAW round 2. Like Ghost Recon: Atlantic City or Ghost Recon: The Streets of Mogadishu...

Not really thinking of an entire new game but a new set of missions in a new environment. The sugesstion sticky is gone so I was thinking they must have made a decision.

Edited by chilly-willy

I'm thinking beyond the patch... like GRAW round 2. Like Ghost Recon: Atlantic City or Ghost Recon: The Streets of Mogadishu...

Not really thinking of an entire new game but a new set of missions in a new environment. The sugesstion sticky is gone so I was thinking they must have made a decision.

I have withheld comment on this subject for a long time for a lot of reasons, but your mention of it makes me just come out and say it: the complete brown look of GRAW, not to mention helicopter insertions and the many dusty alleyways and buildings, etc, is a pefect engine for the recreation of a rundown Mogadishu, and I mean PERFECT. However, since I have respect for those that fought in that conflict that really wansn't that long ago, I'd never play such an adaptation, but this engine sure looks like it could make a perfect recreation.

indeed lead salad but the fact is whats the point of returning to mogadishu in 2013? farah adid was killed in '96 so theres really no reason to have GRAW: Blackhawk down, But if GRIN ever wanted to make another game, I'd definately play a game made by grin that was based in mogadishu,...

I think because of the fact that this game does have incredible sand/desert/urban environments it's pretty certain that someone in the modding community will take a stab at a Mogadishu conversion. It makes a lot of sense. Just take topographical maps of the city and implement them. Create skins for older weaponry and vehicles, set the parameters and BAM. Black Hawk Down

LOL...it always cracks me up when people start talking about the expansion before the actual game is even released. I think GRIN is going to be busy with patches (not the bug fix kind I hope) and feature additions (if most of the things promised actually get done) for some time after release. Not to say they have not already started the planning of an expansion and its content, but I hope they focus on this other stuff first. :devil:

hopefully the game is good enough to warrent a few expansion packs, and to have GRIN continue the series when it gets to that.

From everything I have seen and heard, there really is not much doubt it will be "good enough". It really more or less depends on how well it sells, me thinks. I just can't see this game not being good enough, people just need to support it on release and have faith. I know that is difficult when UBI is involved, but UBI really got lucky picking GRIN. If UBI supports them, the sky is the limit! :grin1:

LOL...it always cracks me up when people start talking about the expansion before the actual game is even released.

Tis a bit funny as if GRAW bombs the only thing we'll be getting is mods and even that part is still up in the air as to what modding tools will be released. :unsure: If it makes UBI money we'll get an expansion or two.

LOL...it always cracks me up when people start talking about the expansion before the actual game is even released. I think GRIN is going to be busy with patches (not the bug fix kind I hope) and feature additions (if most of the things promised actually get done) for some time after release. Not to say they have not already started the planning of an expansion and its content, but I hope they focus on this other stuff first.  :devil:

I'm sure the game went gold with known bugs mostly minor I hope. Most all software does. But that means they can start work on bugfixes b4 the game even comes out. :grin1: At some point they have to just accept it a manageable amount of issues to reach a release time. For RvS ...they were never really fully fixed. But most were.

I hated how they were already announcing and releasing add-ons for BF2 and there were still tons of bugs that made the game unplayable for many many people. I hope that doesn't happen with GRAW.

If they do have an add-on, forget about another desert town, lets have some jungle stuff, or forest would be even better.

That's probably how things would work. After all, there were a lot of issues with GR that never really got pinned down untill 1.4 (and some never will), and 1.4 was after 2 expansion packs.

If the artists and level designers aren't working on other projects, they may be working on additional content for expansion packs. We may also get some ported 360 content. Not sure what how or if that'd be possible though.

Well I'd love to see 2 or 3 expansion packs similar to GR1... I mean who didn't just love it when Desert Seige came out?

Yes, that would be great. I wish for and expansion with maps from the Eastern European countryside: Big maps with forests and small villages :santa::santa::santa: