Incredible speed

WVprankster

I'm new to these forums, but I've think I've found a home for my GR:AW fixation. My buddies and I get together weekly for MP, usually team elimination and territory. Through playing close to (I'd estimate) 3,000 games, I've noticed that sometimes the bots will move with superhuman speed. Call me crazy, but it seems that there's no timing at all to some of the bots. Say for example that you're shooting at a group of them down the street in Old Town. One of them darts up a side alley to flank you. No problem, you think- I'll just cut up the block and head him off. I'll be three steps into the interception and here he comes around the corner, POW! I'm dead. He's managed to run darn near triple the distance that I did in the same amount of time. I realize that it is slightly possible that it's a different bot entirely, but we've tracked the phenomenon using some of the other players. and that flanking bot can pull a Carl Lewis when he wants to.

Has anyone else noticed this? I swear I'm not crazy....

Edited by WVprankster

I'm new to these forums, but I've think I've found a home for my GR:AW fixation.  My buddies and I get together weekly for MP, usually team elimination and territory.  Through playing close to (I'd estimate) 3,000 games, I've noticed that sometimes the bots will move with superhuman speed.  Call me crazy, but it seems that there's no timing at all to some of the bots.  Say for example that you're shooting at a group of them down the street in Old Town.  One of them darts up a side alley to flank you.  No problem, you think- I'll just cut up the block and head him off.  I'll be three steps into the interception and here he comes around the corner, POW! I'm dead.  He's managed to run darn near triple the distance that I did in the same amount of time.  I realize that it is slightly possible that it's a different bot entirely,  but we've tracked the phenomenon using some of the other players.  and that flanking bot can pull a Carl Lewis when he wants to.

Has anyone else noticed this? I swear I'm not crazy....

It's especualy noticeable at Treasury at those ramps, it's mental you have 3 gunners at the top wasting them all and all of sudden 2 guys just appear ahead of you and shoot you. In fact there was this one moment when 1 rebel appeared behind us and grenaded us from nowhere. We know he didn't come from the other ramp as there was 2 of our team watching it. Funny as hell to see though, they're like roadrunner !!

*Beep beep* *BAAAAANNNNNNNNG!!!* *Beep beep* lol

Be aware that rebels are behind the main building. Several of them. The secret to holding the building is easy. I have won that level plenty of times alone. I come around behind the sniper on the balcony to the right of the Treasury. I kill him. Then I move up the street to the right of the treasure, take out the Hummer behind the building before it can leave. I then kill all the soldiers behind the building.

I move back to the balcony where I killed the sharpshooter and man the fixed weapon. From then on it's a turkey shoot. Works every time. But if you get on the balcony without clearing the back of the treasury, those soldiers will come down the side ramp and they have an angle on you and it will be game over.

It also seems that I can lock down most of the levels relatively easily. Maps like Old Town, Treasure (sneak skills to the bridge, then mow them down), Rocky Cove, and Fishing Village can all be kept under control and have a pretty high degree of control. Once I die, however, some of the rebels have a mini-track meet while I'm spawning to completely rearrange themselves. I wonder how predicable the rebels are? I'm playing co-op elimination, FYI.

They are not that predictable. There are a few standard patterns with mixed variances on top. It works out well and I personally never get tired of it.

The co-op maps allow the game to run and demo the epitome of Teamwork. I have had more friends requests just because when I host we run the map like a precise op and players understand why the 360 supports great Teamwork and tactics.

It's also a great game to "mess with." For example, take any random co-op map and try to play extreme run-n-gun. Sometimes the AI doesn't know how to deal with it and will do some crazy things, like packing twenty plus rebels into one thirty yard long alley.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny. But you would be surprised what people will do. I just finally encoded some video shot in 2003 and uploaded it to the restricted section of my site last night.

It shows my team and several others taking down a target. You wouldn't believe how erratic the Iraqis acted. There were weapons literally being thrown up in the air and guys tried to run out. Tried being the operative word.

It's funny. But you would be surprised what people will do. I just finally encoded some video shot in 2003 and uploaded it to the restricted section of my site last night.

It shows my team and several others taking down a target. You wouldn't believe how erratic the Iraqis acted. There were weapons literally being thrown up in the air and guys tried to run out. Tried being the operative word.

Hatchet, any chance of access to this bit of your site, sounds interesting?